Sergei Voronov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I like Javi and Sergei a lot but I have been growing a soft spot for Kovtun. It just seems like the whole world of skating fans are against him. Someone needs to love him :yes:

Don't worry, Kovtun has a very active fanclub on VK (way more active than Sergei's). I don't dislike Kovtun as a person, but imo Sergei got shafted at Nationals, and it seems to me that he is the one who doesn't get the respect he deserves from judges & the Russian fed. :no:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't worry, Kovtun has a very active fanclub on VK (way more active than Sergei's). I don't dislike Kovtun as a person, but imo Sergei got shafted at Nationals, and it seems to me that he is the one who doesn't get the respect he deserves from judges & the Russian fed. :no:

I actually deleted that last post when I realized I was in Sergei's fan fest and not a Euro's thread. :slink: I'm clearly pulling for Sergei to win it all and I think he has a real chance. :clap:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A couple short interviews from Rsport today (well, it's really one interview split in two, not sure why they did that):

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150119/800745981.html

MOSCOW, January 19 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov. Vice-champion of Europe of the Russian skater Sergei Voronov said the agency "F-Sport" that due to competition in the training process with the vice junior world champion and bronze medalist Russia Adyanom Pitkeevym it manages improve and grow professionally.
Ravens this season, has twice won the silver Grand Prix, which enabled him for the first time in his career to qualify for the finals series, where he won the bronze medal . In the championship of Russia Ravens won the silver , and his bandmates Etery Tutberidze Pitkeev won bronze and along with Voronov and Maxim Kovtun was in the national team to participate in the European Championships .
"We have a healthy competition Adyanom - I told him just to say thank you that it helps me to move forward. And I'm helping him. We are adequately treat the competition - there is anger on the ice, not outside the rink. I can go and tell him, how cool he skated. And Adya just comes to me. So this sparring is only a plus to us, "- said the Ravens on the phone.

Also skater told about the preparations for the European Championships, which will take place January 26 - February 1 in Stockholm. "On the ice, I went out a few days relaxing in the New Year, which met at home. I managed a couple of days to fly to St. Petersburg. The preparation for the European Championship goes well. These three weeks have been a little bit hard - there were continuous rolling, and now they continue," - Ravens noticed.
"But this is our standard training system, which seems to be paying off. What kind of a no deviations from the schedule, as always, a little ache knees, but overall good. Drastic changes in the program, we did not make, so everything as before" - summed up the athlete.

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150119/800744666.html

MOSCOW, January 19 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov. Bronze medalist at the Grand Prix Final Russian skater Sergei Voronov said the agency "F-Sport", which, despite achieving considerable success in the current season, trying not to dwell and objectively assess the situation.
Voronov, who won last year's European championship silver , which was the highest achievement for an athlete, this season was twice runner-up Grand Prix. This allowed for the first time in the career of Russian citizen to qualify for the finals series, where he won the bronze medal . In the championship of Russia in late December, the Ravens won the silver , losing only two-time winner of the Grand Prix Maxim Kovtun.
"Yes, I believe, I believe, - said the Ravens in a telephone conversation to the question of whether it was to him the realization that he has become one of the world leaders. - To persuade me to you, but I do not see any reason to get hung up on it. I myself adequately evaluated. Ice is slippery, for opponents, and for me. And if I'm going to perk up and kicked open the door, as practice shows, I can pretty quickly fall very low. "

Speaking of the scheduled in Stockholm from 26 January to 1 February the European Championships , the Ravens noted that every start for him - "one small step". "Well, well was the final Grand Prix, my first in my life Finale Grand Prix, held the championship of Russia, so what? You just need to enjoy it and understand how cool that we all move somewhere figure skating. For I will be happy if some children will look at us and decide to go in for sports, "- said the skater.
Ravens also noticed that a large number held in the first half of the season tournament caused some fatigue. "Yes, there is fatigue, but after I tried the championship of Russia in the first place, disconnect from the figure skating. However, I do not really succeeded," - said the athlete.
"But the coach (Etery Tutberidze) once gave me a day off, and it helped to recover. I generally try to use as the output can be more productive. A change of scenery for me the best vacation", - concluded the Ravens.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:thumbsup: I saw him live at ECH 2014. I wish him such a good skating as it was in last year !!! Go Sergei!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Interview from the press conference after the SP:

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1026823929.html

Sergei Voronov: "Today there was something wrong, there was no drive"

Russian figure skater Sergei Voronov said performance in the short program at the European Championships (2nd place), the correspondent Sports.ru Svetlana Veklicheva.

- Was discomfort before short program?

- No ... It's hard to say. Frankly, today, I feel that there was something wrong. Yes, I did the first stage, continue to try to do items on the level, but the drive was not so little crumpled impression, besides also tore element. Alas.

- Why was not this drive?

- To be honest, I certainly do not consider myself an artist, but nevertheless, when the artist is no inspiration, he probably can hardly explain it. And I can not start on every ride with courage, though it is certainly not an excuse.

Skated poorly, yes. Probably played some factors that I created myself. You know, after the launch took place just five minutes, so I now difficult to give a precise formulation.

- At what point did you realize that something is wrong?

- Not to claim the organizers, but I could not understand why so quiet music began. This is just my opinion, but I think I will not be alone in this statement. And when specifically understood that something is wrong ... It is a common condition, rolling like a little life.

- How to pull yourself out of this state, when there is no drive?

- Tell me (laughs)? Think of something.

- Error Axel - psychological?

- No, rather it is a technical flaw, my flaw. Maybe hastened can, hold ... In short, I'm a fool to say. In any case, life goes on.

- On the morning workout you did not jump a quad, but the box office performed a perfect four-stage three. What is the secret?

- Perhaps the secret of my psychological mood, and physical condition before the start.

- This season you ride under the "Dance of Death" by Saint-Saens. What do you feel riding this music?

- I do believe that the "Dance of Death" - one of the masterpieces of classical music. This music is not otuskaet me the whole program, all of two minutes and forty seconds. In this program there is a whole little life. It seems the image of a swan, who is fighting for its existence - as everyone struggles with the complexities of the circumstances and setbacks - said the Ravens

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully he finds his inspiration in the FS. I hope he knows how many people are pulling for him.

As a musician who plays live shows on stage I can totally relate to motivation or....maybe its better to say how the mood can be altered by volume levels alone. Especially not enough volume. He isn't making an excuse but rather telling us the facts. :thumbsup:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150131/803230980.html

STOCKHOLM, January 31 - R-Sport, Maria Vorobyov, Andrew Simonenko. Bronze medalist at the European Championship 2015 in Stockholm, Russian Sergei Voronov said that experience discomfort during the free skate rental at the event.
Ravens errors execute arbitrary program at the European Championships - made a "butterfly" on salhove and greased landing on a triple axel.
"Lousy was feeling - and jumping, and everything else. Maybe tired. It seems that after the championship of Russia was a break, but those three weeks for me have been some exhausting," - said the Ravens at the press conference.

"Maybe all this is due to the fact that yesterday I saw an area where awarded the Nobel Prize. I do not know. But I'm glad that was again at the European Championships in the top three, humanly happy for (champion), Xavi ( Fernandez) and his compatriot (vice-champion Maxim Kovtun). I think I have almost learned this season the Spanish anthem, because I heard it three times, "- said the skater.

:laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
"Ravens errors execute arbitrary program at the European Championships - made a "butterfly" on salhove and greased landing on a triple axel."

:scratch:

Is Voronov "Ravens"? If so it would be a pretty cool codename - "The Raven"!

But what's "making a butterfly" and what's "a greased landing"? Just curious.:)

Meanwhile - congratulations to "The Raven" on his medal.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, that's good old Google translate for you...perhaps someone with a decent grasp of Russian can provide a better one. But I definitely know his last name translates to "ravens" as it appears like that in every single article. "Greased landing" sounds like a poetic way of saying sloppy, maybe?

Alba

Record Breaker

"Maybe all this is due to the fact that yesterday I saw an area where awarded the Nobel Prize. I do not know. But I'm glad that was again at the European Championships in the top three, humanly happy for (champion), Xavi ( Fernandez) and his compatriot (vice-champion Maxim Kovtun). I think I have almost learned this season the Spanish anthem, because I heard it three times, "- said the skater.

:laugh:

:laugh2: I love this guy. I'm happy for him. :yes: I hope he get some rest now, till worlds.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Everyone seems so down on Sergei... I still think he did more than Kovtun across two programs. But why oh why did he single his easiest jumping pass...?

Noolan

On the Ice
Is Voronov "Ravens"? If so it would be a pretty cool codename - "The Raven"! But what's "making a butterfly" and what's "a greased landing"?
"Voron" means "raven" in Russian, so yeah, some fans in Russia just call him Voron or "raven". It sounds cool :laugh: A "butterfly" is when you fail to do a jump and just do a single rotation in the air. And "greased landing" is just a landing that's not clean.

LRK

Record Breaker
"Voron" means "raven" in Russian, so yeah, some fans in Russia just call him Voron or "raven". It sounds cool :laugh: A "butterfly" is when you fail to do a jump and just do a single rotation in the air. And "greased landing" is just a landing that's not clean.

Thank you! Yes, it does sound cool - I really might start calling him that myself.:)