2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Short Program 12/11 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Short Program 12/11

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You guys are very critical of Sima. She is better than a lot of the senior ladies right now and her and Zhenia were in a class all their own today.

Zhenia skated so well today and I'm proud of her. Sima did too and has some of the best SS amongst juniors. I agree her Biellmann can get goofy but she got thru it today without it looking too bad. She has improved it tremendously and that should be noted also.

To Best Friends!!!!

http://www.neveitalia.it/foto/albums/userpics/14361/n_10608148_940441292649625_24458854_n.jpg

Zhenia,Sima,Yuka on the podium in any order would be just smashing :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just watched evgeni, sima and wakabi.
LOVE wakabi's performance the most, such innate musicality and passion and performance flows so naturally with the music.
then second, evgeni. her ballet style and musicality shines through that program.

Last edited:

jkun

Final Flight
her 3lz-3t got me all pumped up. go yulia! Will be interesting to see the edge call or no call on that. Unfortunately because of zoom out i didn't see. Only knew from the 3Lz entrance.

EDIT: OUCH! That was a LOW score for what she did... She probably got an edge call and maybe evne a UR..

Last edited:

iceberg

On the Ice
I wish Ana just did her 3Lz 3T instead of 3Lo 3T. Nevertheless, she looked so gorgeous!

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Still rooting for Wakaba. :cheer:

Was that triple flip really on the wrong edge?

That lutz though, was fantastic. What kind of judge put -1 for that?!?!?!?!?! :confused: :mad: :think:

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Evgenia was so wonderful in her spins and jumps which were really springy with a lot of height and lift and a truly beautiful use of the tano. Nice erect posture all the way through and marvelous steps. I also thought Maria was lovely and so elegant in her movements, with that beautiful layback into a Biellmann at the end. Her jumps really improved in power, posture and lift in this performance. I can't decide which of these two I liked better.

Yuka Nagai was surprisingly good as well with wonderful jumps and elegance, a nice Biellmann would have capped off her performance. Hopefully, she can find a way to get one in the future. I thought Wakaba was scored a bit low. She did seem a little tense in her spins, but her skating skills, speed and power and beauty in her jumps did more than compensate for it. Serafima's skate was fairly enjoyable, but I liked Wakaba and Yuka better. I haven't watched Rin Nitaya yet.

Last edited:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
She's the youngest here, isn't she? That's impressive. Next year might be her year.

Actually, just watched her video, and that edge on the flip looked FLAT to me, not outside. Maybe we need a better angle? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEMsZDpAdQ

PCS definitely underscored. Just look at her and her coach. They were definitely expecting higher. Scores shouldn't be given based on age, but on skating quality.

Seriously, she doesn't look happy with that result at all. I am not either. :think:

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow, this was amazing. All the girls were great. And they are not just jumpers, they are very polished skaters, more than Elena, Anna and maybe Yulia. I think Wakaba should to have higher scores too. And Yuka was a dream. What a big difference does to compete without or little pressure.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Wow, this was amazing. All the girls were great. And they are not just jumpers, they are very polished skaters, more than Elena, Anna and maybe Yulia. I think Wakaba should to have higher scores too. And Yuka was a dream. What a big difference does to compete without or little pressure.

Yep, I consider Wakaba to be more polished than practically all of the GPF contenders, except maybe Liza. Seriously, the girl skates like she's been a senior skater for years. :shocked:

there is a HD video of Wakabi's SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TenHRZ-Hu9I
really love it.

Their faces at the end though : "What the heck is this score even. :think:"

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I am happy Evgenia got higher marks than Serafima:) Serafima has two very obvious weakness: She is not very flexible so some of her spins look terrible; her twizzles look very very amateurish, so I cannot really say her SS is superior except for her power generated speed.

I never like Serafima's skating because of her poor jump technique and ugly posture in the air. Yuka is a very mature and beautiful skater. Just love her! Sotskova is good too.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Just watched the Medvedeva's SP, and damn... she could probably lead the Senior SP. Her entry to the 3Lutz is really interesting, and I want to say smart(?). Since I'm unfamiliar with her and her programs, I thought she was setting up for a 3Loop, and that entry kinda forced her left blade to be on the outside edge the whole time, almost guarantee she will not get an edge call.

The layout putting all jumps in the 2nd half was kinda smart too, although I don't really like any programs to stack all jumps back to back to back (like Plushy's 2010 SP).