Maria Artemieva | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Maria Artemieva

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sadly she only got one GP event - Skate Canada. One would think she should have a shot at getting a 2nd GP event if more GP spots becomes available later.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
As much as I like Maria, I think she was lucky to even get one. In terms of results there's a pretty significant margin between her and the other Russian ladies. But I'm glad she hasn't given up.

The Finn

Record Breaker
As much as I like Maria, I think she was lucky to even get one. In terms of results there's a pretty significant margin between her and the other Russian ladies. But I'm glad she hasn't given up.

She is not an elite Russian skater but she is still a world class skater and she had a pretty good last season. She scored her PB last season and she was 27th at the SB rankings which is pretty decent. She also got three medals from Challenger Series events - silver from Ice Challenge, bronze from Nepela Trophy and bronze from Mordovian Ornament. She could have done better at the NHK and at the Russian championships obviously but all in all she did pretty good.

Anyway, a well deserved GP spot.

kalee

On the Ice
Did Maria get dropped from Skate Canada? If so, was there any indication on why?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Did Maria get dropped from Skate Canada? If so, was there any indication on why?

There were some suggestions on FSO that she might be switching to another country...whether there is any factual basis to that, I don't know. But she's obviously not injured so it's one possible explanation.

The Finn

Record Breaker
There were some suggestions on FSO that she might be switching to another country...whether there is any factual basis to that, I don't know. But she's obviously not injured so it's one possible explanation.

I think she really should do this. She is not going to make it any Euros or Worlds as Russian but she could very well be 4th in Euros representing some other country.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I think she really should do this. She is not going to make it any Euros or Worlds as Russian but she could very well be 4th in Euros representing some other country.

she's skating for Italy ?? lol
didn't Nikol already tried that.....

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
she's skating for Italy ?? lol
didn't Nikol already tried that.....

Well, if it turns out to be true then I'm sure it's not for Italy, that would make no sense. But Maria already has a better track record than Nikol, and if she is able to keep training with Rukavitsyn's group then it may work out well for her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I know I'm always the one asking but do any Russian speakers or just people generally more in the know than I am have any new news on Maria? I missed her this season!