2014-2015 JGPF Mens Short Program 12/11 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Mens Short Program 12/11

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sota was good but I feel cold watching his performance. I don't want to say this but it sense little musicality from him. I don't think he's less talented in music or something. It's just his movements have no connection to the music IMO. GOE was generous for him IMO. That 3A was no way +1GOE IMO. :eek:hwell: anyways congrats.

Boyang has improved. Good for him but I still couldn't get my head into his SP. My face was like this :hopelessness: seriously I wish they had chosen something more suitable for his age.

Shoma, I am much less enthusiastic about his program this season. I like him last season much more. His recent programs are so Dai-wanna be. I don't really enjoy.

Petrov...:cry: my favorite... Stay trong babe. I believe in you in LP. He's the most well-rounded young man here.

June... Not much to talk. Hope he will get better in the LP.

Roman, personally I think he is the most musical out of these boys. Too bad for him as he did not deliver today, but I like his fluid movements.:)

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Wow. Don't think anyone expected Sota to lead this competition :shocked: . Petrov was my favorite today despite the fall. Good luck to the boys in the free :cheer:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Very strong programs from the top 3, congratulations to them. :clap:

Shoma's 3A could have been better since I saw him landing clean ones in the warm up but I'm happy he's not falling / underrotating them anymore. Highest PCS and SS, well deserved. :) I like the program and the costume, although I'm still not a fan of low v-necks.

Sota was a big surprise (is that his first clean 3A in a competition?) and it was nice to see him so happy. Still not certain he can deliver a similar performance in the FS but I wish him all the best.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
I cannot tell who that judge is, but there is one judge constantly, except shoma and boyang, who gave the lowest mark far from others.Sota also got 3.75 for transition, 5.75 for choreography, and 4.0 for interpretation.
It's hard to say for sure if it is the same judge. But when you're giving out marks in the 3s and 4s range for certain podium contenders, then it is quite clear that you want certain skaters to win and not others.

rite of spring

Rinkside
Wow. That boy Shoma has some presence on ice.
Really impressed by his overall skating and probably my biggest surprise this year.
We need him in the U.S:)

MIM

Medalist
It's hard to say for sure if it is the same judge. But when you're giving out marks in the 3s and 4s range for certain podium contenders, then it is quite clear that you want certain skaters to win and not others.

Yes,, it's hard to say one or more than one judges. But I don't like the judges playing games not the skaters. Hopefully, all skaters bring their A games and don't give any room for the judge(s) to play for them.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
To be honest, I always think Boyang has weak SS but today he skated with speed and has much better edge control; he also has better flow in and out of his jumps. Hope his team is heading him to the right direction.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
OMG, Soma REALLY looks like Dai out there!!!!!
Boyang, has such a height and spring in his 3A, and best performance from him ever. I think he is polishing up his skating skills right now!