3A - turnout
CSSp
FCSp
3Lz - !
3F+3T
StSq
CCoSp3p

Not perfect, but very good skate otherwise

SP: 41.07+34.14 = 75.21 (PB), 2nd (out of 5)

Last edited:

xabia

On the Ice
I liked how his music was one continuous piece, unlike Yamamoto's which was cut to shreds. Rachmaninov must be turning in his grave if he could have heard Yamamoto's version of two of his piano concertos condensed badly into a few minutes.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's unusual for Petrov to make an error like that, but I hope that means we won't see another fall like that for a long time.

I'd love to see Sota beat Shoma - he gets no hype so I'm rooting for him. Also, I am not a fan of deep v-necks on teenage boys. :disapp:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Boyang JIN (CHN)

Music: Tango Amore by Edvin Marton

Red sequin-patterned shirt, black pants

3A - solid
3F+3T
CCoSp3p - travels a bit
StSq
FCSp
3Lz
CSSp

Clean skate! Good jumper, still needs to work on spins and presentation

SP: 41.84+33.46 = 75.30 (PB), 2nd (out of 6)

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Boyang will probably be much stronger in FP. And who knows if Sota can skate that well one more time.

Mte. Boyang was fifth after the short last JGPF with 68 ish and pulled up to first with a wopping 150 in the long. I think Alex has a very real chance at pulling up to medal.

Florencito

Medalist
Still better than Jr Worlds in Milan :slink:
At least they are loud, everyone got a nice and warm welcome on the ice.

MIM

Medalist
Wow!!! Sota being a Murakami!! I did not expect him to beat both Shoma and Boyang! Well deserved! He was flawless!
Petrov was awesome. I think without that unexpected fall, he would have become first or really close second! I really liked his confidence and presence on ice.
I wish June Hyuong had brought his A Game. Did the national ranking impact his conditioning?

LRK

Record Breaker
It's unusual for Petrov to make an error like that, but I hope that means we won't see another fall like that for a long time.

I'd love to see Sota beat Shoma - he gets no hype so I'm rooting for him. Also, I am not a fan of deep v-necks on teenage boys. :disapp:

I don't remember him having had a fall previously this season - has he and I've forgotten?

s_parks

Record Breaker
I don't remember him having had a fall previously this season - has he and I've forgotten?

I don't think so. At worst, he only had a turnout or something like that. Just a momentary loss in concentration, I think. Overall, he's been performing more solidly than last season.

deedee1

Record Breaker
:hb: Sota in first? Wow. Well done! Hope Petrov and Shoma comes back strong in the free! :)