2014-2015 JGPF Pairs Free Skate 12/12 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Pairs Free Skate 12/12

s_parks

Record Breaker
F/M should get the lead for that twist alone. It's glorious. Before, during, after it. The audience was applauding the entrance, before they even performed the twist itself.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Lina FEDOROVA / Maxim MIROSHKIN (RUS)

Music: Korobushko by Bond

Red russian folk costumes

3Tw - enormous
2A
2F+COMBO - he has stepout, she does 2F+2T
3LoTh
BoDs
CCoSp3p - unison off, Biellmanns!
ChSq
3STh - foot down, stepout
5RLi
3Li
PCoSp3p

Also some minor mistakes

FS: 51.60+55.14 = 106.74, 165.78 (PB), 1st (out of 5)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU (CAN)

Music: In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
Wallflower by Peter Gabriel

Red costumes

3S
3Tw
3Li
FiDs
FCCoSp3p
ChSq
2A+2T
3STh
5ALi
3TTh
PCoSp3p

Clean, easy skate. Should easily take gold!

FS: 57.10+59.25 = 116.35 (PB), 175.57 (PB), 1st (out of 6)

Last edited:

Savage_Tiger

Rinkside
The Canadians really have consistency here, she really should drop the singles and concentrate on pairs full time.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The Canadians really have consistency here, she really should drop the singles and concentrate on pairs full time.

That's probably what she will do. They can easily place top 5 at Nationals, and might even challenge for the podium if they skate like this. Hoping D/R can get the senior pairs gold now!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats to S/B! And happy for a good skate from F/M. Good luck to them at nationals. It'll be interesting to see which Russian pair gets the third spot for jr. worlds.

TMC

Record Breaker
S/B really wouldn't look out of place in seniors! Really happy for them :love:

lyndichee

Medalist
She's still doing singles? I agree, she should definitely drop it. S/B could possibly beat MT/M at nationals.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if they'll up the difficulty on their jumps soon too.

Julianne won bronze at Skate Canada Autumn Classic and competed on the senior level at Skate Canada.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Julianne does a nice 2A-3T. Hope we could see that in pairs!

TMC

Record Breaker
She's still doing singles? I agree, she should definitely drop it. S/B could possibly beat MT/M at nationals.

She did Skate Canada GP.

I hope she has just left off deciding which one to choose until the time came to move to senior pairs. For sure that is where her best chance is!

I agree that they have a good chance of beating MT/M 2.0!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Not only would she have a more promising career in pairs, it would be longer too. Now looking at MT/M's scores this season, S/B have a very good chance of winning bronze at nationals. Would they still go to jr. worlds, if that happened?

lyndichee

Medalist
Not only would she have a more promising career in pairs, it would be longer too. Now looking at MT/M's scores this season, S/B have a very good chance of winning bronze at nationals. Would they still go to jr. worlds, if that happened?

Looking at their score here, they could score higher than I/M as well. I think Skate Canada would want to give M/MT the chance to go to worlds instead. S/B haven't competed at Junior Worlds before so they might go for that title first.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Looking at their score here, they could score higher than I/M as well. I think Skate Canada would want to give M/MT the chance to go to worlds instead. S/B haven't competed at Junior Worlds before so they might go for that title first.

This is probably what will happen. It'll be interesting to see if S/B can adapt their senior-version of this program in time.

As for a 2A+3T, that would be ages from now... I don't know if Charlie is capable of that. And to me, the Zhangs will always be the 2A+3T pair. :love:

gold12345

Medalist
If they made the Sr team, S/B could perhaps do both Jr and Sr Worlds like Nam did last year. They have an excellent chance of winning Jr Worlds, so the main priority should be for them to go there.

I'm guessing Seguin continues to do singles because she can land a 3Lz, 3F, and a 2A+3T. That has capabilities of being competitive among Canadian ladies, and who knows, she may really enjoy singles. She's likely spent years learning and mastering the harder triples, so I imagine it's hard for a skater to want to throw that work down the drain. It's not likely she'd be able to use her 2A+3T in pairs either.

I don't think S/B are all that strong at lifts, so a Sr free skate with another lift may present a bit of a challenge. I also don't think they can afford to play it that safe if they want to try to beat MT/M at Nationals, so they should probably look to at least inserting their 3LoTh into their LP instead of the 3TTh. But they do look ready to challenge for the Sr Canadian podium. They skated really well today... as did Fedorova/Miroshkin, but the lack of a SBS triple of course hurts. That might have been the best I've seen F/M skate though. Vigalova/Zakroev were pretty good too- best throws in the event with both the 3FTh and 3LoTh. But they too don't go for a SBS triple, and the double jumps from both Russian pairs are a little small. Strong triple twists from those two though.

Last edited:

jace93

On the Ice

I wouldn't be surprised if they would go to both JWC and WC (like Nguyen last year) if they are third nationally... especially if they win the first