2014-2015 JGPF Mens Free Skate 12/12 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Mens Free Skate 12/12

FTnoona

Final Flight
Shoma can really shake things up at nationals if he keeps skating his free like this and nail his SP with a quad like he did a week or two ago. He's improved so quickly on his jumps :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He does look wobbly and loose but he's only 14, so I'm pretty sure he's going to become much more put-together in the future. :)

He's only 14? Wow, he looks mature for his age compared to Boyang, who is I think two years older...

whatif

Medalist
There is something very Takahashi about Umo. And I am liking it. Can not wait for his senior debut.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to be mean, but some of the senior men need to take notes on Shoma here. Because of that KILLER score and TES. And that's with one less element in a FP (Though its just 2 points less cause there's no ChSq in a Junior's FP).

s_parks

Record Breaker
Apparently only 5 (senior!) skaters have gotten fs scores higher than Shoma's here. Shoma was definitely great, but senior men look a bit sad in comparison, haha. Senior men and ladies need to step it up! All these youngsters outskating them!

adelia

Record Breaker
Thought Petrov was totally robbed of silver. His PCS magically dropped by 10 points in a matter of one month. I guess we should thank Inman and Co?
Robbed is an understatement. Some judges didn't want him on the podium no matter what. But he is just too good a skater and of course Boyang gave him some help.

I cannot understand this vendetta against Sasha. Beyond comprehension. He is a humble and friendly person. Which leads me to conclude that it has something to do with who he is coached by or what federation he belongs to. Unfortunate.

Last edited:

xabia

On the Ice
There is something very Takahashi about Umo. And I am liking it. Can not wait for his senior debut.

I thought the same! There was a lot of passion in his performance - he has a beautiful fluid style. Let's hope this isn't a one-off and he continues to entertain us so well.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
STATS TIME: So in addition to smashing the previous junior men's FS record (shedding a little tear for Jason Brown (and his lovely 2013 Jr. Worlds FS)) Shoma's score puts him in the #6 SB spot over Sergei Voronov!

That's also the SECOND highest TES among all the men! Only beat by Mura's 91+ from Skate Canada.

Great job! :clap:

robinhood

Rinkside
Shoma is incredible. So polished and so fluid. He's the succesor of Takahashi and let's pray he remains injury free
Again, for me the difference between both of the Japanese ss and the rest was night and day. Jin needs major overhauling and changing his strategy and Petrov actually is quite rough around the edges (I see much more potential in Pitkeev, imo)...please somebody tell him to change that music, its unbearable
Actually the one who was lowballed in his PCS was the canadian. He's got marvellous lines and great fluidity. I hope he can get the more difficult jumps in the future

Last edited:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Shoma can really shake things up at nationals if he keeps skating his free like this and nail his SP with a quad like he did a week or two ago. He's improved so quickly on his jumps :clap:

I hope he does! So that the senior TJ Men's Team won't become too complacent ;D

He's only 14? Wow, he looks mature for his age compared to Boyang, who is I think two years older...

He's... tall? He looks young and about his age to me, tbqh!

Shoma looks up to Daisuke, is why. :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Shoma is incredible. So polished and so fluid. He's the succesor of Takahashi and let's pray he remains injury free
Again, for me the difference between both of the Japanese ss and the rest was night and day. Jin needs major overhauling and changing his strategy and Petrov actually is quite rough around the edges (I see much more potential in Pitkeev, imo)
Actually the one who was lowballed in his PCS was the canadian. He's got marvellous lines and great fluidity. I hope he can get the more difficult jumps in the future

Disagree about Pitkeev and Petrov. Pitkeev has some aspects that are stronger than Petrov; but he's a bit cold when it comes to presentation. I'd say they're about equal.

Mony

On the Ice
Disagree about Pitkeev and Petrov. Pitkeev has some aspects that are stronger than Petrov; but he's a bit cold when it comes to presentation. I'd say they're about equal.

Agreed, I think they are equal at the moment. I don't really like Pitkeev's presentation.