2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Ladies Free Skate 12/13

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna is generally loved and respected during figure skating community and has fans over all the world, including Japan and Russian not because she is Korean of course, but she is a great skater. Like I said, this discussion about Julia's technique has nothing to do with "grange against Russia" until someone brought it up and accuse people of that and Wakaba is Japanese not Korean, And this is not about who prefer what skater of what nationality, it is just a discussion about technique unless someone wants to go down that rabbit hole.

Uh-huh. I guess it's possible that a Russian would be critical of all Russian skaters but love an unproven and relatively obscure Korean skater like Soon Youn Park. And have Yuna's Sochi picture as his or her avatar. Anything's possible, right?

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Uh-huh. I guess it's possible that a Russian would be critical of all Russian skaters but love an unproven and relatively obscure Korean skater like Soon Youn Park. And have Yuna's Sochi picture as his or her avatar. Anything's possible, right?

I don't see any reason why I would need to lie to you about this. Being so observant, you should also read that little Latin phrase above my Yuna picture, and see that truth is what matters to me most, not nationality. Believe it or not, people who value solely quality and not nationalism still exist in the world, thank goodness. :rolleye:

Also, Russia was never a strong candidate in the ladies' discipline until recently. I admire a lot of the Russian pair skaters (and I used to be a total Plushy fan before his unsportmanlike behavior with the 'Platinum' medal at Vancouver), but singles ladies is not something Russia had been ever good at. Even Irina Slutskaya, whom I VERY MUCH admired, was far from being a well rounded and consistent skater. And yet, I was completely obsessed with her before 2006, when I got introduced to the new generation of stars, Mao and Yuna. I have loved Yuna since 2006, and being a skater myself, I have always valued her technique and her musicality and presence on the ice as something to emulate. I could almost attribute pieces of my own skating style and technique to just watching her skate.

Anyway, that's all. I am done with this topic on this thread, seeing as it is getting out of hand. If you have any doubts to my credibility or want to argue my points, please take it to a more relevant thread or message.

Last edited: