Kudos to the organisers for a great event thus far | Golden Skate

Kudos to the organisers for a great event thus far

GF2445

Record Breaker
This competition has been great.
Not only great skating but a great turnout and a wonderful crowd considering Spain's exposure to figure skating is not alot.
Also the arena looks great and the ice conditions seem optimal.

This has made watching the competition even more enjoyable.
It's so nice to see watch a large event in a non-traditional skating nation go really well.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What GF2445 said. Having a great time so far! And last night it semmed pretty much sold out to me, except for maybe some of the corner seats. Impressive! Plus, I just love the enthusiasm of the Japanese audience, thanks for coming all this way, you make it so much fun to be a part of it. :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i agree, its been great event so far and audience seems enjoying their time with the skaters, also i love camera work so far :yay:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yep, really good. Except for that K&C area. :biggrin:

Yeah...that was confusing.
But it's a very cute looking K&C area.

Not as bad as Trophee Eric Bompard this year. The skaters had to take a lift from ice level to the kiss and cry area at that tiny arena in Bordeaux!!

alebi

Medalist
The K&C seems to be arranged in 2 minutes but everything else was great. I like the speaker, maybe he isn't the most professional but he speaks with so much enthusiasm :cheer2:I want to hear how he'll present Fernandez!!! :biggrin:

I'm only sorry that junior ladies was the first competition because the arena seemed almost empty and they didn't deserve it

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah...that was confusing.
But it's a very cute looking K&C area.

Not as bad as Trophee Eric Bompard this year. The skaters had to take a lift from ice level to the kiss and cry area at that tiny arena in Bordeaux!!

No one can beat K&C at TEB! :laugh2:

GF2445

Record Breaker
The K&C seems to be arranged in 2 minutes but everything else was great. I like the speaker, maybe he isn't the most professional but he speaks with so much enthusiasm :cheer2:I want to hear how he'll present Fernandez!!! :biggrin:

I'm only sorry that junior ladies was the first competition because the arena seemed almost empty and they didn't deserve it

For a junior grand prix final, the turnout for Junior Ladies' wasn't bad at all. I wish more people were there though because it was a top notch event.

The speaker has so much character and personality. Very conversational and uses the energy felt in the arena to bolster the excitement. Needs to work on the announcing of the scores in english but nonetheless a great in house P.A.

alebi

Medalist
No one can beat K&C at TEB! :laugh2:

Come on, it was deliberate made for fans ;)

For a junior grand prix final, the turnout for Junior Ladies' wasn't bad at all. I wish more people were there though because it was a top notch event.

The speaker has so much character and personality. Very conversational and uses the energy felt in the arena to bolster the excitement. Needs to work on the announcing of the scores in english but nonetheless a great in house P.A.

Yes, my only regret is that they planned the junior ladies as the first competition... It was lunch-siesta time... :p
I love the speaker, I don't know if it's because of the Spanish accent or what else, but I love it :biggrin: olé :thumbsup:

alebi

Medalist
I love his accent too :love:

How can you resist Spanish? :love:
Is there a way to watch a replay of senior GPF on ISU channel? Because the live was blocked due to rights and I missed the speaker announcing Javier :cry: Now I click on the replay but no video loads.. (there's always the black window). Is it only for me? :eek:hwell:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Muchas gracias to the audience in Barcelona!

This competition was fantastic! The audience were full of passion and cheered for all competitors with respect. What a great atmosphere! On a side note I love the design of the logo and the board, the size of the intimate arena, the announcer who led the audience, the interviewer, everything!

So thank you Barcelona!

Edited to add:
Sorry I just realised a similar post has been already posted titled
Kudos to the organisers for a great event thus far. Moderators, if you don't mind merging mine to the earlier thread. Thank you!

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I loved the audience, when skaters messed up they'd be cheering them on and trying to lift them up, amazing atmosphere, I hope they bring Euros to Spain soon or something, great crowd!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I loved the audience, when skaters messed up they'd be cheering them on and trying to lift them up, amazing atmosphere, I hope they bring Euros to Spain soon or something, great crowd!

Got that right, krunchii! I loved how the fans dressed up, kind of like the Dutch speedskating fans at Olympics.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I agree the audience were fantastic, the atmosphere was brilliant. They were fully behind all the competitors, I was glad to see Javier on the podium, the audience deserved it. I thought Spain wasn't the best choice but I was wrong, they should go for the Euros at some point.

Oreo

On the Ice
I've always wanted to move to Spain--for the people. They're terrific. I hope some young, beginning Spanish skaters found inspiration watching this competition and will go out and make Spain a great skating country.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
a shallow opinion but no more Gangnam Style or Party Rock during the warmups or breaks please.:slink:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I never planned for going to this event to be something other than a once in a lifetime experience. You have to be a bit crazy to travel to a foreign country to attend a FS event when you cannot even tell the different jumps apart. *blush*
But tonight I just fell completely in love with the sports, even more than I already was. I guess I may just have to gove this another go in the future. Please come back to Europe again soon, GPF! This was such a terrific event!