Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Men's and Ladies' SPs are both at quite reasonable hours for me, but the LPs are going to kill me. Thank goodness for public holidays...

mnm464

On the Ice
They will pop up soon. If you use Hola you'll be able to access the Eurosport links. Hahasports.com offers links but the adverts are annoying. Just keep checking the threads over here. There are some posters like mao88 or dorrispulaski that will post videos within a few minutes of the event happening. Stay tuned. I watch all of the events via GS:)

Alrighty! Thank you so much!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't think it's a news item in most countries, except Japan and Russia (and to a lesser extent, the US). Where I live it's only mentioned at the Olympics - and then only as nostalgia for a past long gone - namely Bolero, and Torvill & Dean. Just like when England won the (soccer) World Cup in 1966. Both references clichéd and boring! However everyone loves "Dancing on Ice" - a celebrity show similar to "Strictly Come Dancing" - both of which I simply cannot watch. If the public love watching trash why don't they appreciate real skating??

I agree whole-heartedly with EVERYTHING you have said!

I got fed up hearing about 1966 years ago as well. IT WAS 48 YEARS AGO, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! GET OVER IT!!!

Mind you, over on this side of the Irish Sea, people go on about Northern Ireland qualifying for the 1982 World Cup (and beating the hosts in the process). OK, so it was a great achievement for a country as small as our's, but it was 32 years ago and we didn't even win any matches when we got to Spain!

At least you lot have an excuse - you won the thing!

Well, I've never been a fan of dancing, so I was never even tempted to watch Strictly anyway (X Factor is more my thing). But I am with you with Dancing On Ice. I much prefer to watch people who know what they are doing, rather than "celebrities" trying to do it, and making a hash of it.

It is Jayne and Chris that I feel sorry for. They were serious, dedicated athletes who had a great career full of achievements. Now they are being make to look like a joke, a novelty to be wheeled out whenever ITV want to boost their coffers.

They don't deserve to be treated like a curiosity in a 19th century freak show.

Sorry that this is off topic, but I just wanted you to know that you're not the only one that feels like this.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I contacted Sportbox some time ago and they answered me: 'Live streaming of the Men SP, Pairs SP and Ice Dance SP is not planned. Situation may change in a couple of days.'
Ouch, I hope they will show it. It's is the only way for me to watch it at work :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I contacted Sportbox some time ago and they answered me: 'Live streaming of the Men SP, Pairs SP and Ice Dance SP is not planned. Situation may change in a couple of days.'
Ouch, I hope they will show it. It's is the only way for me to watch it at work :)

I can't believe they would deprive us of the SPs! Say it isn't so...:cry:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yeah, not having the SP's for most events would be disappointing. However, I'm mainly watching Russian nationals live this year for the ladies, which seems to be covered in all events.

I'm betting we'll see links for all programs by the day of the event...

Alba

Record Breaker

Is there a link for the results at least?

adelia

Record Breaker
This is very disappointing.

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
It doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to watch, I went to sportbox.ru and I can see they have videos but when I click on them I can't watch them, it just says something, and it's in Russian so I can't make it out. I'm not from Russia of course.

I'm only interested in watching the women's program, I don't care about any of the others.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am cheering very hard for Alena Leonova, Anna Pogo, Sergei Voronov and Konstantin Menshov! :cheer:

Yes yes it becomes kind of my norm to root for veterans and underdogs these days. ;)
@ Russian judges: Never ever underscore them for the sake of younger favored skaters, will you please???!!! :frown:

Country
Russia
The things is that Moscow is +3 hours difference with Italy
No, +2 hours.

In SP skaters/couples start in random order defined by draw.
So best skaters may have StartNo first or last.

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
I'm pretty sure the people in the VK groups will be sure to upload very quickly, as always!

sbaker

On the Ice
Do programs from Russian Nationals tend to end up on youtube in a timely manner? I will be working a lot and am in the US so I think catching up that way will be my best bet...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do programs from Russian Nationals tend to end up on youtube in a timely manner? I will be working a lot and am in the US so I think catching up that way will be my best bet...

Last year it was online within a few minutes.

exerym

On the Ice
Please, tell me how could you do it? I could only find a link to the forum to ask this question, but unfortunately administrator don't know anything about the live stream on thursday.