2015 Russian Nationals Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Mens SP

adelia

Record Breaker
Looks like Artur still has some mileage with the Russian judges. That PCS is quite high, with a fall.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
RUS has 3 spots at Euros and Worlds (right?) so as long as he's on the podium he should be fine. :) I would love to see them 1st and 2nd though!

Only 2 spots for worlds, but 3 for euros. And only 1st and 2nd are guaranteed. It was Kostya who came third in 2012 and missed out in favour of the untried, inexperienced Kovtun.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks like Artur still has some mileage with the Russian judges. That PCS is quite high, with a fall.

It's not that high, not for Nationals, and not compared to the disgraceful PCS Kovtun will get.

adelia

Record Breaker
It's not that high, not for Nationals, and not compared to the disgraceful PCS Kovtun will get.
With a fall. Without the fall, would have been a couple points higher.
Kovtun I fully expect to be given at least high 8s. :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Only 2 spots for worlds, but 3 for euros. And only 1st and 2nd are guaranteed. It was Kostya who came third in 2012 and missed out in favour of the untried, inexperienced Kovtun.

Darn it. :no: I fear Kostya's time is running out, too (although he hasn't ruled out staying through 2018). Well...we'll see what happens.

adelia

Record Breaker
Hmm... if there are cameras filming this, then perhaps there will be a delayed broadcast at some date?

deedee1

Record Breaker
2nd group must be warmin up right now, right? I can't breathe... Fingers crossed!

Anna

On the Ice
Andrei LAZUKIN

Mendelsson's First Concert. His coach is listed only as Tatiana Mishina, not the whole list of people as common for the group. 3A, 3F3T, 3L. Somewhat weird Axel, high, but with almost to distance lengthwise. Great flow.

Anna

On the Ice
Konstantin MENSHOV

Rotting Romance. 4T3T, 4S hand down, solid 3A. Expressive step sequence. Sound performance, but I have seen him skate better.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
92 for Old Man Menshov!

*gloomy sigh* I suppose this means Kovtun will end up over 100.

Anna

On the Ice
Alexander SAMARIN

Friend among strangers, stranger among friends OST. It's a Soviet movie I have heard a lot about, but have never seen. Very strong expression and good flow throughout. Quite convincing interpreration. 3A, combo clean(?), 3L clean. Good skate.

Anna

On the Ice
Artem LEZHEEV

Ave Maria (same as the one Ilinykh-Katsalapov used for FD couple of seasons ago). 2A, 3F3T, 3L fall. Good flow and intensity. He looked very disappointed, though.