2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens SP

Caustica

Final Flight
So sad for Sota. He is super young though, he still has time :D

I reckon the last two groups were drawn together, because all the highest ranked skaters are placed in them. Not sure how the first 3 groups were drawn, but I doubt the first group was drawn on its own because Sota was in it.

alebi

Medalist
they draw lots for the SP but usually the really good skaters are placed at the end. For the LP, the highest scoring ones go last while the lowest qualified skaters skate first

But I wanted to watch a final group with Uno, Hanyu, Mura, Machida, Murakami and Kozuka :drama: Wait... is it Japan Nats or Worlds? :biggrin:

Eloyse

On the Ice
Actually, I heard that yoji tsuboi has been the most unfortunate one for three years. In 2012, he skated between yuzuru and dai, in 2013 it was yuzuru -dai-kozuka-yoji, and today he's between another daisuke and takahito:laugh2:

applecubes

Rinkside
its the japan Nationals. the Worlds competition is next year around March if i rmb correctly. this group could be possible for the LP if those skaters are all in the top ranks of the competition after their SP! :)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
3G warm-up: from twitter live update -- Shoma is landing 3A and 4T in practice

AprilS

On the Ice
Actually, I heard that yoji tsuboi has been the most unfortunate one for three years. In 2012, he skated between yuzuru and dai, in 2013 it was yuzuru -dai-kozuka-yoji, and today he's between another daisuke and takahito:laugh2:

Ouch. Hope he made the most of the atmosphere! :yes:

alebi

Medalist

poor guy :drama:
but who's? I think I have never seen him, why he's always so high ranked?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'd be shocked if Hanyu don't score over 100 and claim this.

It will be interesting to see whether Machida can come back from his last disaster and how they rank Shoma. Oh the legacy of Daisuke!!

So no live casting then apart from result?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It may be difficult for Hanyu (well, for everyone too of course) but he's been struggling with his 3lz combo during practice again.

Eloyse

On the Ice
poor guy :drama:
but who's? I think I have never seen him, why he's always so high ranked?

I googled, it seems that he was ranked 9th in Japan Nats last year and 2nd in west Japan. I guess he should be a good skater, but it's just that it's so difficult to stand out in Japan's men's figure skating.

applecubes

Rinkside
gahh i really hoped that there was a live stream but sadly there isnt any this year :( i managed to watch it live last year but :'( hopefully Hanyu's Sp will be uploaded ASAp after he has skated!! *prays hard for clean program*

thoakun

Final Flight
I googled, it seems that he was ranked 9th in Japan Nats last year and 2nd in west Japan. I guess he should be a good skater, but it's just that it's so difficult to stand out in Japan's men's figure skating.
And he started FS in 2003, at the age of 11, so he has just been skating for 11 years. I always wonder how far can late starters go? Will they eventually catch up with the veterans as long as they have the motivation, or does age really matter in elite sports in general?

leolion11

On the Ice
So excited for Shoma, Yuzuru and Dai! Hope they do their best :)

And Yuzuru's win isn't set in stone. He may well do it but apparently he's still a little injured and has been struggling with the lutz. Seems like his flip is better than his lutz this year which is just odd.

foruiz

Final Flight
Shoma gets the top spot for now... Oooh, how I would like to see videos of all these