2015 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes. No matter their struggles I really like their style and Smirnov is such a sweetie of a partner. He reminds me of Ruslan.

I don't like them as skaters, especially Yuko. But I love their school and program. Furthermore they have my simpathy. So I would be very glad if they do well this season.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Nooo please the Spanish one ! :cry:
I know many didn't like it because of the intensity of the singer's voice but imo the lyrics are the best in the Spanish version and... well it's my mother tongue so I wanna see them skate to it again! :laugh:

No, not that Spanish guy again! I almost lost it!:laugh2:

robinhood

Rinkside
Congrats to the medallists!
I dunno what happened with Ksenia in those throws:think: She usually is so consistent. It's like her landing leg collapsed. This program while effective does nothing for me and it's like the very bad leftovers of the Adams' Family
The youngsters T/M are the true heirs to V/T although I hope they can develop a program. At the moment I don't see much connection or choreography
My favourite program is by K/S, although they are far from my favourite pair. I dunno what's up with the twist but thist time there wasn't even a low catch, it's a push away from me by Alexander. Kudos for the throw quad!

I want to mention Davankova and Enbert. A very pleasant surprise, for me the best of the rest. I hope they improve their speed and confidence, and I think they have a very nice relationship between them

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I wonder are K/S in danger of not making Euros and Worlds? They are only ranked 3rd here and I assime if V/T declare themselves ready for competition they will be given the optional spot. Nice to see A/R move, they were very harshly marked in the short.

They not intend to go at Euro's. Maybe World's, but I honestly doubt. And if K/S will do at Euro's better than T/M, what's quite possible, then T/M are in danger rather than K/S :)

maybe beacause it was choreographed by trankov

Yeah, maybe. As much as I love V/T, I think that he isn't great choreographer. I know, it's the first time and so on, but still scoring this choreography so high is IMO ridiculous ;P

I didn't get the live stream to work even though I downloaded Hola - not sure why but could be it doesn't work well with Explorer. So sad I missed Astakhova/Roganov's free skate. I love this pair and hope someone will be able to upload a video.

Yeah, I love them, too :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ORLFHG2ixk - here it is :)

hanca

Record Breaker
But I still don't understand why T/M has so much higher score for transitons, choreography and interpretation than A/R :think:

T/M looks suddenly this season quite 'polished'. They not only have the elements, but their elements have the wow factor. It is not good enough to land throw jumps, it needs to be thrown high and far. The twist is not enough to have just any triple twist - it also needs to be high triple twist. While T/M managed to get this over the summer (they definitely did not have it last year), A/R don't have it; they are still quite 'unfinished' or unpolished. A/R are pretty consistent, but they just do the elements. Nothing special, nothing with wow factor. The bottom line is, they need to stand out. They don't have any super difficult technical content (they have the same what T/M have), so to stand out they need to do what they do VERY WELL. A/R don't have that yet. Saying that, they can get it over the summer and come back for new season looking completely improved (the same way as T/M did this season, and Stolbova/Klimov came for last season so much improved).

Last edited:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV 212.10 1 2 video
2 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV 208.23 3 1 video
3 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV 207.68 2 3 video
4 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV 174.52 6 4 video
5 Vera BAZAROVA / Andrei DEPUTAT 172.73 4 6
6 Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Alexander ENBERT 171.60 7 5 video
7 Natalja ZABIJAKO / Yuri LARIONOV 166.03 5 7 video

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
The most disappointing performance from s/k in a very long time. But I hope ksenia is ok.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
T/M looks suddenly this season quite 'polished'. They not only have the elements, but their elements have the wow factor. It is not good enough to land throw jumps, it needs to be thrown high and far. The twist is not enough to have just any triple twist - it also needs to be high triple twist. While T/M managed to get this over the summer (they definitely did not have it last year), A/R don't have it; they are still quite 'unfinished' or unpolished. A/R are pretty consistent, but they just do the elements. Nothing special, nothing with wow factor. The bottom line is, they need to stand out. They don't have any super difficult technical content (they have the same what T/M have), so to stand out they need to do what they do VERY WELL. A/R don't have that yet. Saying that, they can get it over the summer and come back for new season looking completely improved (the same way as T/M did this season, and Stolbova/Klimov came for last season so much improved).

But I'm not surpised that Evgenia and Vladimir won, not at all :p T/M are the current junior worlds runners-up, and still reigning Russia national junior champions, last season they also were a very good pair, but at the junior level. Yet, I'm not talking about the GOE. Their technical content is very good, powerful, and impressive if executed well. Still, it's not PCS, only TES, which should be higher in T/M score, it's obvious. However, TES and PCS are separated. T/M's choreography is mediocre at very best, while A/R choreography is really, really good. T/M have no transitions while A/R transitions are inticate and original. If I can understand HIGHER components for these two categories, I don't catch why it's SO MUCH higher (8.68 v. 7.57 for interpretation and 8.82 v. 7.57 for choreography). Understandable are for me the components that both pairs got at CoR.
And, about A/R strong sides: she's gorgeous jumper, I can see her doing quad, really ;) I saw them making better throws, I mean higher, and she's able to save very badly looking jump (flip at CoR). They have wonderful sbs jumps, very well synchronized, with good speed and nice timing. Lifts are of course the worst part, particularly lasso, I guess it's because she has another body than Martiusheva. Anastasia was a bit taller but thinner, Kristina is more athletic. I think they are also very expressive, that is the factor most pairs don't have. I hope they'll improve yet and come back next season :)

hanca

Record Breaker
And, about A/R strong sides: she's gorgeous jumper, I can see her doing quad, really ;) I saw them making better throws, I mean higher, and she's able to save very badly looking jump (flip at CoR). They have wonderful sbs jumps, very well synchronized, with good speed and nice timing. Lifts are of course the worst part, particularly lasso, I guess it's because she has another body than Martiusheva. Anastasia was a bit taller but thinner, Kristina is more athletic. I think they are also very expressive, that is the factor most pairs don't have. I hope they'll improve yet and come back next season :)

She seems to be consistent and good jumper, I agree with that. On the technical side I would do everything bigger, with the wow factor. But I strongly disagree with the fact that they are expressive. She is about as expressive as Sinitsina, or Shibutanis. I think she should spend some time with Ilynikh to find out what expressive is. Expressive does not mean making big and wild gestures with your arms. Expressive means actually expressing/interpreting the music. One should do a different gesture for dramatic/different for various styles. And the first thing that I notice when I look at A/R is her blank face. She has such a good opportunity to be expressive especially in their FD, but her face is blank! Expressive? Definitely not!

Last edited:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
On the technical side I would do everything bigger, with the wow factor.

But they are a pair less than a year, they had to put everything together - throw flip and loop, triple sbs jumps, level 4 spins and lifts and step sequence. Given that previously they were far from succesful skaters - she didn't compete at the international stage since JWC in 2011, he's never been at nor World's nor Euro's, last season in both his GP assignements he was last but one - it's a success for them.

She is about as expressive as Sinitsina, or Shibutanis. I think she should spend some time with Ilynikh to find out what expressive is. Expressive does not mean making big and wild gestures with your arms. Expressive means actually expressing/interpreting the music. One should do a different gesture for dramatic/different for various styles. And the first thing that I notice when I look at A/R is her blank face. She has such a good opportunity to be expressive especially in their FD, but her face is blank! Expressive? Definitely not!

Her face is blank? Are you sure you don't mean Martiusheva? ;P "Expressive" doesn't mean "have a strange facial expression", it means "use your body to show the music". Actually, she WAS blank with her previous partner, maybe because he was such a poor skater. Now, Kristina is amazing! I remember one of commentators complaining that she was less "diabolique". It's obvious, she's not diabolique because she isn't devil, she's Margarita. Have you read "Master and Margarita"? It would be a simplification as it's one of the most intricate novels ever written (IMO the best ever written :)), but the story goes more or less like this: Margarita, looking for her beloved, decides to give her soul to devil and to become lady of his ball. She's oscillating beetween the confidence and power of witch and solicitude and fear of woman in love. Kristina plays this part wonderfully, just look at their choreography sequence - is this blank? Or this fragment. She's also quite a good dancer, has a lot of grace and maturity of skating definitely above her age. She 17, for God's sake. Just as old, as Lina Fedorova.

hanca

Record Breaker
But they are a pair less than a year, they had to put everything together - throw flip and loop, triple sbs jumps, level 4 spins and lifts and step sequence. Given that previously they were far from succesful skaters - she didn't compete at the international stage since JWC in 2011, he's never been at nor World's nor Euro's, last season in both his GP assignements he was last but one - it's a success for them.

Hung on, I am not saying that they should be better at this stage of their development. But you asked why another pair is getting higher scores, so I told you what I see. Unfortunately, when they are marked, no one takes into consideration how long they have been skating together. The judges are supposed to mark what they see; there are no mitigating circumstances for skating together just a short time. I do agree that their current level of skating is success for them but speaking relatively, unless some of the named Russian pairs withdraw from Europeans, A/R are not good enough to go because Russians have better pairs.

Her face is blank? Are you sure you don't mean Martiusheva? ;P "Expressive" doesn't mean "have a strange facial expression", it means "use your body to show the music". Actually, she WAS blank with her previous partner, ...

She is blank even now. Do you really want to make me do snaps from the program and post them here? If someone sees the photos, it looks like she is bored. She is supposed to portray something. It is supposed to be drama. Expression 'I got up at 4am and I am so sleepy' doesn't earn her label 'expressive'. I am sorry, I know you like them, but if you are really wondering why someone else got marked better, you have to at least try to look objectively at their skating. I definitely don't imply that they are bad; not at all! But they are not as great as you are making them to be. They still have a lot of work ahead. And yes, it is success how far they got in such a short time, in the big picture, they are definitely not ready to compete neither with the Chinese, nor with the top Russian pairs. Whereas Tarasova-Morozov are now ready.

Last edited:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Hung on, I am not saying that they should be better at this stage of their development. But you asked why another pair is getting higher scores, so I told you what I see. Unfortunately, when they are marked, no one takes into consideration how long they have been skating together. The judges are supposed to mark what they see; there are no mitigating circumstances for skating together just a short time. I do agree that their current level of skating is success for them but speaking relatively, unless some of the named Russian pairs withdraw from Europeans, A/R are not good enough to go because Russians have better pairs.

Dear Hanca, when did I say that they deserved to go at European's? Or that they are equal to top Chinese pairs? Or that they were better than T//M? God, where? THEY OBVIOUSLY WERE NOT. They are not at T/M's level. T/M deserved huge GOE, I'm just wondering why their PCS is so high. You know, GOE=/=PCS. At Nebelhorn Trophy, when T/M earned their international PB, they got 7.36 for both choreography and composition. You really think that they choreo is only a little bit worse than K/S'? Really? For God's sake, I'm not surprised by TES, I like Evgenia and Vladimir a lot, their possibilities are wondeful but let's face the truth - they have poor choreography. And the second thing - I'm not surprised by the gap in PCS. I'm surprised that it's so big. 10 points?

She is blank even now. Do you really want to make me do snaps from the program and post them here? If someone sees the photos, it looks like she is bored. She is supposed to portray something. It is supposed to be drama. Expression 'I got up at 4am and I am so sleepy' doesn't earn her label 'expressive'.

Which photos? I had some of their photos on my computer, one even was a wallpaper on my desktop some time ago, but I have no idea which one do you mean. They are playing Devil and Margarita, not vampires, two devils, or anything. She's to be less confident and not so "diabolique" - she's woman in love, desperate to retrieve her beloved man. If you ask for some photos: this and this and this and this.
Choreography is not "big elements". It is how these elements are placed in the program, what's the footwork beetween the elements, is the skating multi-angle, how are the patterns, how original are the elements, linking elements, positions and patterns, are the elements in the music, how good is the ice coverage and many other things.