2015 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

franz6009

Rinkside
My two cents, This lady russian field is extremely interesting, not just because there are so many good skaters with strong technique and PCS, but also because - I'm not expert - but it looks to me they're experimenting a lot with programs, music genres and choreography. I appreciate a lot Sotskova, she's a future star to me, I love her detailed choreography, and now Seraphima - my streaming froze but I've seen her in other occasions and she's incredible too. This competition is great!

zamboni step

Final Flight
Considering her SS are the best in the field at this competition, I think that should take a considerable lead.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Sotskova's program has a much calmer second half, unlike Serafima's which is full of attack and fire. But I prefer watching Sotskova's elegance. Sima has fire in her presentation but her jumps are not the type I like.

FutureRockette

Spectator
Can you imagine Uncle Dick's commentary on all the tanos? I remember the year of U.S. Nationals (2006 I think), when he complained about all the ugly catch-foots. :laugh2:

nox1

On the Ice
Just got in! So excited for ELENA!!! But sad I missed Serafima, I love her :(

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Serafima Sakhanovich

Music: Oblivion by Piazzolla

Purple/pink cut-out dress

3F+3T - 'tano on both
3F - 'tano
CCoSp3p
StSq
ChSq
3S+3T+2T - 'tano on both toes, eeked out a bit
3Lo - 'tano
2A+2T - 'tano 2T
2A
3Lz - 'tano, hangs on
LSp
CCoSp3p

Had to fight for some jumps, but overall strong skate

FS: 132.63, 191.84, 1st (out of 10)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Sima performed much better than yesterday, but I wish she limit to show tano less than 3.

yuna

On the Ice
Yayy Sima!! Love this program, and even though I'm not a huge fan of her jumps, I love her presence on the ice.

buch

Match Penalty
Sima's gained weight "there" singificantly since the first junior grand prix... :rolleye:

starlight97

Final Flight
Sotskova's program has a much calmer second half, unlike Serafima's which is full of attack and fire. But I prefer watching Sotskova's elegance. Sima has fire in her presentation but her jumps are not the type I like.

I agree 100% on the observation but funny enough, preference- wise it's exactly the other way around for me :laugh: