Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

Sorrento

Record Breaker
No, fighting for a spot it's good. Strong competition is always good it makes you improve. Is said bashing each other, busy with intrigues and gossips. This interview just confirms that. NA is North America, meaning canadians and americans. They two fight for their posts but outside, their media and officials are all "look how many great couples we have". They don't whine or attack a couple of their team just so they could favor another one. That's the difference.
I see your point and I agree with you. Not all of Russian athletes are bashing their home rivals and whine when having a bad skate. Some always do. Federation has a big input in that too. Unfortunately.

Marta25

Medalist
The competition in dance will be fierce next year with B/S coming back and Y/M moving up to Seniors. Nobody knows who the FED wants to push right now on the team, the only thing the dance teams can do, is skating cleanly and hoping for a fair result.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I liked the Danish last season but these new programs were a snooze. It's too early though and just saw them in one competition.
I wouldn't count Zoueva out, yet. Shibs seems to have two pretty good choices, at least in terms of music.
It is really hard to come with a wow program for brother and sister team though. God, I miss "brothers Kerr".
I mean- people get more fascinated with a man- woman relationship. And in this sence- let's be true to the name of the thread- Alexandra and Ivan are safe.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
The competition in dance will be fierce next year with B/S coming back and Y/M moving up to Seniors. Nobody knows who the FED wants to push right now on the team, the only thing the dance teams can do, is skating cleanly and hoping for a fair result.
Can't wait to see new Y/M dances. Loved their last season performances.

Alba

Record Breaker
I see your point and I agree with you. Not all of Russian athletes are bashing their home rivals and whine when having a bad skate. Some always do. Federation has a big input in that too. Unfortunately.

The skaters are okay, at least in public. Their media mainly and these "professionals" sucks!

It is really hard to come with a wow program for brother and sister team though. God, I miss "brothers Kerr".
I mean- people get more fascinated with a man- woman relationship. And in this sence- let's be true to the name of the thread- Alexandra and Ivan are safe.

True but sometimes can also play in your favor because you are forced to try harder and more creative and original. Outside the man- woman relationship but you need the right team for that.
The main problem I have with the Shibs is not because they are brother and sister but because they do not skate or present themselves like they OWN the place.

It's gonna be an interesting season though. Lot's of team fighting for the top places and new talented couples coming up.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Sorry to hear he is ill! Really too bad they won't have this opportunity.