Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

Meg

Rinkside
S/B are in Ekaterinburg for the 3rd round of Russian Cup.
SD video
http://youtu.be/BqKOrE7aS9o

I think it was a pretty good skate, very fluent and smooth.
Much nicer than at the test skate.
Really look forward to the FD today!!

bramweld

Record Breaker
S/B are in Ekaterinburg for the 3rd round of Russian Cup.
SD video
http://youtu.be/BqKOrE7aS9o

I think it was a pretty good skate, very fluent and smooth.
Much nicer than at the test skate.
Really look forward to the FD today!!

My only question is since she has such great extension and toe point, why so many changes of position in the lift? It looks just a bit awkward. They should ask S/K back for their split lift thank you. That was one of their most successful lifts last year. It fits the waltz, why aren't they using it? :rolleye:

Last edited:

Meg

Rinkside
FD at Ekaterinburg.

http://youtu.be/D8NY_BscOgo

A bit scratchy and unpolished yet here and there, but I love this program anyway.
They changed the rotational lift, which I think is much better. It highlights the program!
Some nice transitions are added, too.

Mattieu

Medalist
My only question is since she has such great extension and toe point, why so many changes of position in the lift? It looks just a bit awkward. They should ask S/K back for their split lift thank you. That was one of their most successful lifts last year. It fits the waltz, why aren't they using it? :rolleye:

Because it is too difficult to get the rotations fast enough, so there will always be a time deduction.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Because it is too difficult to get the rotations fast enough, so there will always be a time deduction.

:thumbsup: That lift looks very simple and easy, but this is deceptive. It is actually very difficult both for the man to rotate fast enough and ALSO for the woman to extend the legs fully quickly enough to get the required number of rotations for 'difficult' position'. It's not worth the time deduction if there are other lifts you're capable of doing that can get level 4.

bramweld

Record Breaker
They have never gotten a deduction for it though,have they? And they do it quite nicely in their current FD, they also did it quite admirably last season too. Ivan looks to have bulked up too, so it may not be too bad for them.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
3rd after the SD at TEB. :hap10:

I want to steal Alexandra's dress (though I'm about a foot too short to wear it :laugh:)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
soooo what should they score to be in the final (Is it actually possible)?????

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yup. Irina Zhuk gave an interview to the team-russia site, she wasn't happy with their SD scores, she expected higher. But looking at the protocols, they have levels issues.

Yes I was surprised at the score but it made more sense after seeing the protocols :(