Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
Well...they got 2nd. Sui and Han were just too good.

I have to say I'm utterly deflated...I was so hopeful! Now all their detractors will gloat about how T/M were never going to win and how boring they are. I really hope T/M are happy with how they skated and they're not sobbing like me.

I had such an awful feeling this would happen when I saw Sui and Han were skating last...

Please excuse this morose post, I'm not well today and I feel like I shouldn't have watched, I was not prepared for this after how well Zhenya and Vova did.

You're not the only one feeling this way. I had spent weeks preparing myself that they were slated for third. J/C had all of the momentum and with S/H back... After last night, I thought it might be possible... At the beginning of the season, I was iffy on GPF, but I thought they'd win Euros and Worlds. Silver, both times. Tonight is one placement higher than I'd been expecting since Euros/4CC, but, like you said, there's just something deflating about this. I'm a pessimist by nature, and as annoying as detractors are among skating fans, I worry more that it's somehow not going to be good enough for the Rusfed and talking heads in the press who will want to send them to Siberia in favor of one of 27 baby pairs and/or Stolbova and her new partner.

I only caught the very end of the awards ceremony and they seemed fine though.

T/M have all the goods to be world champion--Olympic Champions. It just feels like it's being harder for them than it should be.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Indeed. :( It kinda feels like their best isn't good enough which is very sad for me because I feel like it should be. (Although my stream died on me during Sui and Han so I didn't see all their program).

I'd probably be less bummed if people weren't so hard on their programs, which I like! After a while it starts feeling like a personal attack on one's taste :laugh: but then that's my issue.

I'm very happy to hear that T/M are pleased with their silver, I'll never forget how upset Zhenya was at the Olympics, makes me cry when I think about it!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Congratulations on the silver medal! It was good to finally see her smile in the K&C. I think she was sooo relieved that in the most important competition she skated clean. Surprisingly, this time it was Vladimir who had little stumbles. Anyway, a very deserved medal after quite a difficult season.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
Indeed. :( It kinda feels like their best isn't good enough which is very sad for me because I feel like it should be. (Although my stream died on me during Sui and Han so I didn't see all their program).

I'd probably be less bummed if people weren't so hard on their programs, which I like! After a while it starts feeling like a personal attack on one's taste :laugh: but then that's my issue.

I'm very happy to hear that T/M are pleased with their silver, I'll never forget how upset Zhenya was at the Olympics, makes me cry when I think about it!

Something seemed to break inside of her in that moment at the Olympics, so it was nice to see her smile.

It does seem like whatever they choose to skate to, someone always has a problem with it. It's like they get nitpicked to pieces from all corners, all the time.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Even though it hurts they couldn't hold on to gold I think after all the turmoil they went through this season silver feels like a victory. Now they end the season on a positive note and can progress forward to the next!

Except I hope they get better free skate music. They aren't a externally expressive team and the music was too subdue for them. I think something like The Four Seasons or even Firebird would be fantastic. The music is powerfully dynamic and fits wonderfully with the speed and smoothness of their skating.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did anyone manage to watch the Gala? I did! :biggrin: And OMG, it's was so brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT23QDvNZBo

I shall take a vow that from here on in, if I hear unkind things about T/M I'll be all "What was that? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the awesomeness of Vladmir's dancing" :laugh: :cool:

And of course Zhenya looked gorgeous in her dress and what a heartbreaker ;)

newyn

On the Ice
Did anyone manage to watch the Gala? I did! :biggrin: And OMG, it's was so brilliant!

I shall take a vow that from here on in, if I hear unkind things about T/M I'll be all "What was that? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the awesomeness of Vladmir's dancing" :laugh: :cool:

Thusfar I've only seen this gala program in grainy instagram videos from Averbuch's show, so I was so glad they decided to perform it here so I could see it in better quality. I must say Lambiel did a very good job! This is such a fun program and they really perform it well. Also it's a bit of a departure from their previous gala numbers .

She always looks amazing!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

And people say they don't have sense for something lighter and more funny :)

And of course, Zhenya was a lady to kill for here :)

newyn

On the Ice
Best of Luck for the Short Program!!!
SP practice in Minsk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vzV0FSgd4 (please Volodia don't shock me again !:shocked: )

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE their free program to "The Winter", I don't want them to change the music, but when I watched Weaver/Pojes FD (tribute to Denis Ten) at the Canadian Nationals, I felt like their music could suit Zhenya and Vova too... so here you go:

(audio swap)SOS D'UN TERRIEN EN DÉTRESSE https://youtu.be/69KagYzQa_Y

and with COR material montage : https://youtu.be/bOeXq4dltkc

They really did this :D Averbuch choreographed a show number for them https://www.instagram.com/p/BwQA4fSHVwO/

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've been hanging around some of the other skating boards and exciting news!

T/M are heading to Florida to train with Marina Zueva!

https://tass.ru/sport/6389744

Did anyone see that one coming? :laugh:

Zueva famously choreographed Gordeeva and Grinkov's programs which won them so much acclaim. My fingers and toes are crossed for T/M in the upcoming season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wow! And here I thought Marina was basically retiring down there in FL. Going back to top pairs :jaw: from top dance.

Southwest Florida is becoming quite a center for pairs, with 3 coaching groups now (Zimmerman/Barrett in Tampa, Zoueva in Estero near Ft. Myers, and Peterson/Evora over in Ellenton (Sarasota/Venice area.)

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've been hanging around some of the other skating boards and exciting news!

T/M are heading to Florida to train with Marina Zueva!

https://tass.ru/sport/6389744

Did anyone see that one coming? :laugh:

Zueva famously choreographed Gordeeva and Grinkov's programs which won them so much acclaim. My fingers and toes are crossed for T/M in the upcoming season.

It states the coaches will be Mozer and Zueva. I guess they will only spend some time in the USA under Marina and then in Moscow under Mozer. Or are they going to be in touch with her via Skype? Is it too crazy think that Mozer has decided to join Marina's group? That would be funny after all her comments about how tired she was with coaching :)

As for Trankov, did he explain why he was not going to continue being their coach?

In any case, that's terrific news. Finally a top Russian couple decides to look for inspiration and a breath of fresh air and other perspective outside the country. I hope it will be of great benefit for them. I wonder what their music choices will be.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It states the coaches will be Mozer and Zueva. I guess they will only spend some time in the USA under Marina and then in Moscow under Mozer. Or are they going to be in touch with her via Skype? Is it too crazy think that Mozer has decided to join Marina's group? That would be funny after all her comments about how tired she was with coaching :)

As for Trankov, did he explain why he was not going to continue being their coach?

In any case, that's terrific news. Finally a top Russian couple decides to look for inspiration and a breath of fresh air and other perspective outside the country. I hope it will be of great benefit for them. I wonder what their music choices will be.

Evgenia said they are moving to the US and Mozer will come sometimes. And she said that Trankov is still part of their team, but not the main coach anymore.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Is it too crazy think that Mozer has decided to join Marina's group? That would be funny after all her comments about how tired she was with coaching :)
In Russian forums we have been laughing how she will take flights to America considering her complaints about health and that she was tired being a coach.
As for Trankov he stated that he has neither enough knowledge and exprerience to be a head coach of a top pair and solve their problems nor time to learn it. :biggrin: At the same time he is ready to be their assistant coach.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
In Russian forums we have been laughing how she will take flights to America considering her complaints about health and that she was tired being a coach.
As for Trankov he stated that he has neither enough knowledge and exprerience to be a head coach of a top pair and solve their problems nor time to learn it. :biggrin: At the same time he is ready to be their assistant coach.

Interesting dichotomy. Or just plain excuses lol. Does Rusfed pay more for head coaching jobs?

slider11

Medalist
I think Zueva is a good match for Evgenia and Vladimir. Plus who can complain about spending some winter time in Florida? But really....I think Marina and T/M have a good temperment mix. Marina, with her old school Russian but savvy eye-appeal American savvy, will know how to repackage them to perhaps give them a chance at the top. I am still a Sui/Han fan but I applaud their efforts to give it another try.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I’m a little nervous over this.

I was worried over the move to Zoueva as I really didn’t care for her dance stuff but her Pairs work, especially with G/G, was top notch so I was more happier once I seen some performances on YouTube. I was optimistic that she could work for T/M and push them to challenge S/H.

Is that really going to happen with Charlie Whites work? I know he choreographed for J/C but I felt it was just the a copy of Sound of Silence. A programme of theirs that I loved but they just seem to repeating every year since. Is he a qualified choreographer? On a separate note what age is Charlie? He seems quite old in the photo.

I hope this works out for them. I really like this couple, their Rach short in the Olympic Team event was an outstanding demonstration of Pairs skating, I’ve rewatched it so many times. It always disappoints me to see the amount of hate directed towards them.

Best of luck Evgenia and Vladimir.

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Charlie also choreographed both of Denny and Frazier's programs from last year if you want to see more of his work. He is 31 now.