2015 Winter Universiade | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

FSGMT

Record Breaker
There are no available videos of today's performances, right? (Not that I'm particularly excited, given that the performances seemed far from ideal)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Only saw the video of Ponsart, and....ah....I don't get the feeling that France will keep men's two spots for the next Worlds.
There is no video of Kozuka on YouTube yet, but given the low score mark, I guess he struggled throughout the program.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
There are no available videos of today's performances, right? (Not that I'm particularly excited, given that the performances seemed far from ideal)
See Page 5 of the thread. There are a few videos of the men's SP.

EDIT: Protocols for anyone interested: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wu2015/wu2015_Men_SP_Scores.pdf It seems like Kozuka fell on both quad and triple axel (but no UR :think:). Artur popped stuff. Song Nan did got negative GOE on some things and couldn't get levels. Liebers popped 3A into 2A.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Although I haven't found any other men's sp videos on youtube, I found that Peter Liebers' study topic in university is quite interesting:
http://youtu.be/LUOrA30aXys

Thank you for sharing the video. I really enjoyed watching the motivating video. Liebers' balancing skating and his study at the same time would be very hard. He said his next stage after his competitive career will be in bio-technology to help injured athletics to recover free from doping.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Not as bad as I'd feared reading the reports. And that 3A is :love:.

Frustrating that Kozuka fell off both the 4T and the 3A and is somehow ahead of Artur. Grrrrr.

Wish the deadline hadn't been before US Nationals. Max could have cleaned up here.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Not as bad as I'd feared reading the reports. And that 3A is :love:.

Frustrating that Kozuka fell off both the 4T and the 3A and is somehow ahead of Artur. Grrrrr.

Wish the deadline hadn't been before US Nationals. Max could have cleaned up here.
So the reason why there are no American skaters here is just that the deadline was before Nationals? That's just silly! :slink: They could have used Season Rankings/World Standings etc. combined with the athlete's preferences to choose...

Flaya

Match Penalty
Javier Raya got the short program score to qualify for Worlds. Hope he will not mess it up in the free skate. I'd love to see him at Worlds.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So the reason why there are no American skaters here is just that the deadline was before Nationals? That's just silly! :slink: They could have used Season Rankings/World Standings etc. combined with the athlete's preferences to choose...

Well, they couldn't really, because they didn't know how Nationals would go. I mean, imagine if they named Jason to Universiade and then suddenly he turns around and is National Champion. Puts them in an awkward spot.

It would be great if they'd been able to enter someone here, but I guess it wasn't feasible.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, they couldn't really, because they didn't know how Nationals would go. I mean, imagine if they named Jason to Universiade and then suddenly he turns around and is National Champion. Puts them in an awkward spot.

It would be great if they'd been able to enter someone here, but I guess it wasn't feasible.
Or they could move US Nationals to an earlier date, before the deadline...?

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Might seem like an stupid question but why doesn't Canada or USA send anyone at all to the Universiade?

Seems like a great learning opportunity for all skaters to be involved in such an event. Like even sending a B team to earn international experience.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Might seem like an stupid question but why doesn't Canada or USA send anyone at all to the Universiade?

Seems like a great learning opportunity for all skaters to be involved in such an event. Like even sending a B team to earn international experience.

According to what I heard (from a member of my university curling team) many years ago, Canadian skaters need to pay for all the expenses themselves to enter this competition, so go figure... Correct me if it's not true.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although I haven't found any other men's sp videos on youtube, I found that Peter Liebers' study topic in university is quite interesting:
http://youtu.be/LUOrA30aXys

Thank you for sharing this video!!!! :bow: :clap: :points:

I have been looking for a link for it for a few weeks, but couldn't find one!

The episode of "Campus Sport" that this is from was shown on Eurosport three weeks ago, but the recording cut out half-way through Peter's feature.

Well, if I am totally honest, it was only by fluke that I got any of it. I was actually trying to tape the programme that was on before it (that day's early update from the Dakar Rally). But because that afternoon's LIVE Snooker finished early, subsequent programmes came on early, and I ended up with a bit of this instead.

Can I just add. The girl they featured before Peter, Austrian snowboarder Julia Dujmovits, had a very interesting story. If you want to find out more about her, here is her video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0LvBU-bEC0

And if you want to watch the full episode, it is available on the Eurosport website:

https://eurosport.yahoo.com/video/campus-fisu-show-095046370.html

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You can try to watch it here using Hola. It didn't work well for me today but maybe it'll be better for you :)

Thank you. I will try it.

But, if it doesn't work, there is a back-up. I was just watching the Ski Jumping Junior Worlds on Eurosport 1 International on day.to, and spotted a link for a stream for the Universiade skating:

Figure Skating/Dancing Winter Universiade 2015

I just tried it, and all that is coming up is a "loading" circle. But, there again, according to their schedule, the skating isn't due to come on until 20 past (just over 5 minutes from now). So, it might spring into life by then.

Fingers crossed!

EDIT: And as soon as I clicked to post this, the day.to stream did spring into life!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pairs SP in 10 minutes!
AlexRus' link http://www.granada2015.org/en/media-universiada/universiade-tv is working for me (for now...) in Europe. I only had to allow my browser to share my location.
live results here

Fun fact: Maria PALIAKOVA (BLR) is listed as having "breeding frogs, reading, movies, sports" on her ISU profile :cheer2:

Ah! I didn't realise you had to share your location. I thought that was a pop-up ad!

Yep, the FISU stream is working for me too.

Although, I have to admit, I stayed with the tdp stream on day.to while the judges were being introduced, as they were showing a feature on Moto2 World Champion Esteve "Tito" Rabat!

Incidentally, the official tdp stream had been coming up with a "video not available due to rights restrictions" message, even with Hola, during the previous programme, but it is viewable now with Hola that the skating has started.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I can't stand B/D's music. Or this vocal version of "Tango Roxanne"...whyyyy :disapp:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can't stand B/D's music. Or this vocal version of "Tango Roxanne"...whyyyy :disapp:

I agree. I love "Roxanne", but I hate this vocal version that James / Cipres are using.

If they must use a vocal version, I would much prefer it to be this version! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan