Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: French figure skaters

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Marina Anissina and Gwendal Paizerat skated for France. Loved them.

4 Not allowed!
    Here is a small report (in French) on Lyon Ice dance center:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZu9R3EdAcQ
    not a lot of info but they conclude that the tendency is forming youngsters in Lyon and then sending them abroad because of lack of sponsoring and Federation pressure.
    Muriel Boucher Zazoui says that Gabriella and Guillaume didn't go very far and stayed in the family since they train with "her Canadians" that she trained for many years.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by daphenaxa View Post
    Here is a small report (in French) on Lyon Ice dance center:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZu9R3EdAcQ
    not a lot of info but they conclude that the tendency is forming youngsters in Lyon and then sending them abroad because of lack of sponsoring and Federation pressure.
    Muriel Boucher Zazoui says that Gabriella and Guillaume didn't go very far and stayed in the family since they train with "her Canadians" that she trained for many years.
    Thanks. A lot of junior dancers whom I have enjoyed watching on the JGP series appear on the interview clip.

0 Not allowed!
    Good stuff! C'mon French ladies, you need to step up and slay us with your elegance. Russian ladies need a stronger competition. The world needs to have more French flavour in figure skating.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexz View Post
    Good stuff! C'mon French ladies, you need to step up and slay us with your elegance. Russian ladies need a stronger competition. The world needs to have more French flavour in figure skating.
    Well, among French juniors, ice dancing is the most promising across all the disciplines. I think P/C may have good successors while junior ladies..probably not.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossover View Post
    Well, among French juniors, ice dancing is the most promising across all the disciplines. I think P/C may have good successors while junior ladies..probably not.
    We need to have Mishin to make a jumping clinic in France every other month. For a year or so.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexz View Post
    At least Maé FINALLY realized that she needed to go overseas if she wanted to make any progress. I hope we'll see good things coming up for her.

1 Not allowed!
    well if you watch the standings of JGP, the 1st lady that is not from Japan, Russia or Korea is... Julie Froetscher from France. Which is quite encouraging. But at the same time while being the 1st non Japanese/Russian/Korean she is still 18th!
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2016/jgpsladies.htm

someone who really caught my eye during JGP was Héloise Pitot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57DaMY8fI8A obviously flawed routine but she is naturally really charming. She has quite a good technique, a good packaging. I have a lot of hopes for her!
    Last edited by daphenaxa; 10-06-2016 at 10:57 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    After all talks about throw 3A, I suddenly recalled Abitbol and Bernandis' attempt of that trick for the first time in competition. I miss their athletic adventures and unconventional and unique styles. Some criticized their movements weren't refined compared to Russian traditional pairs, but they were underappreciated most of the time when they competed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mms5FO6GHQk Free program at Nagano

The program to Vangelis' Chariots of Fire choreographed by Irina Rodrina is a great piece of work. I think the music would be awesome for Olympic opening ceremonies, because it is about spirits of Olympics. Or I hope someone uses the music someday in pairs.

0 Not allowed!
    I hope that Maé or Laurine will get two spots for worlds of next season. Otherwise, maybe none of them will go. They will have more competition with Anna kuzmenko next season.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678