French figure skaters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

French figure skaters

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh no, how awful! So nobody knows if Philippe was involved right now?

Is there a link to the news story or video?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
We have some news : he's alive and confirms it concerns the tv show

Oh, that is a huge relief...RIP to the victims, though. I have a feeling this show will be canceled - what an unfortunate title it has, too..

Mia29 - didn't you post about some other French reality show that had some kind of tragic incident as well? I seem to remember that...

Last edited:

Mia29

On the Ice
Yes, the 13th march 2013, tf1 (the same channel who should broadcast Dropped) said there was a dead on "Kho lanta"

The last news : Perharps 2/3 sportmen are dead. The others are the drivers and technicians. We have some news from Philippe, Alain Bernard, Marxer and Wiltord. No news for Longo, Muffat, Arthaud, Vastine

edit : The deaths of Muffat, Arthaud and Vastine are confirmed

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Message from Phillipe's FB page:

Je vous confirme que dans cette terrible tragédie Philippe Candeloro est extrêmement choqué mais sain et sauf...je l'ai eu rapidement après ce drame monstrueux qui a vu la mort de 10 personnes, L'horreur absolue; ALain

I can confirm that in this terrible tragedy philippe candeloro is extremely shocked but safe and sound... I have had it quickly after this drama monstrueux who saw the death of 10 people , the sheer horror ; alain

I must confess I don't really follow sports other than FS, so I didn't know the other names, but I looked them up...2 Olympians, so young...such a shame. :no:

These extreme/adventure reality shows just seem so dangerous. Can the skaters just stick to things like "Dancing With The Stars," please?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The poor athletes and crew! :no:
It's really terrible. I wonder if the weather was windy or if there was a cloud?

Plumededragon

Medalist
The poor athletes and crew! :no:
It's really terrible. I wonder if the weather was windy or if there was a cloud?
According to the news, the weather was clear, so it had to be something else. If that's the case, it may concern both helicopter(s) (or one of them?) mechanism.

So sad such tragic event... Philippe was very lucky to have been aboard a different helicopter then those that crashed, he escaped this tragedy.
Sad day for both French Sport and the families and friends of all victims.:cry:

Mia29

On the Ice
According a journalist, Philippe was at 500m and heard the noise (but not saw because he was blindfolded)
I can not imagine how he is psychologically.

The Vastine family lost a daughter two months ago :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the French team for their achievements in Worlds! :cheer:

I'm really glad that Mae-Berenice has increased the World spot to 2 tickets for French ladies' single skaters. It took 8 years since 2007! Next year, we'll see two skaters with different styles to compete in Worlds. I think the Universiade was a good turning point for her because getting a silver medal affected her to have a confidence boost.

Also Florent did a great job to keep the men's two spots even though Chafik struggled due to injury. It is a nice to see that the two men pulled together.

In pairs, Vanessa and Morgan also showed a great performance in the free.

In dance, Gabriella and Guillaume won their first World title! They rebound from the short, and made a nice upset as beating the American team, Chock/Bates. They also increased the World spots to 3 ticket!

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for bringing up this thread - I had thought about it, but got distracted (you have no idea how easily that happens!

I too wanted to congratulate Vanessa and Morgan on their wonderful FP! And the final lift/descent was the icing on the cake - lovely! (And I was so glad to see Vanessa back in her "old" pretty dress! I did not really like the new one, to be honest... )

And Florent - not back to his old form; but so much better than he's been lately. I hope he's making his way back - it would be so sad if so much talent and potential were lost.

How's Chafik's recovery going, do you know? I suppose he and Florent will be doing WTT?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
How's Chafik's recovery going, do you know? I suppose he and Florent will be doing WTT?

As for Chafik's recovery, I honestly have no idea because I was busy these days, so couldn't keep a track of him along with my other favorites. However, given his struggle in Worlds, I doubt that the federation would send him to WTT. He needs a rest. Ponsart was sent to the event in 2013, so we will see.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
A video from French National Tour including all our beloved French skaters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TXck65pag0

Some points:

They sleep on the bus: it doesn't seem very comfortable.

It's the last year Nathalie and Fabian are performing together :)cry:, even if it's logical given that they're living on opposites sides of the Atlantic, but still :cry:)

They kill the time playing a stupid game: one of them has to pay the forfeit as the target of the football.

They appear to have a great time together.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Kevin Aymoz's FS at the JGP Riga today! He needs to work on stabilising the tech and upping the content, but his performance skills are stellar. I really loved the intensity and the unusual choreo. And the jump out of the 'wind-up' movements was wonderful! Kevin came 4th overall. I will be watching out for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7Zoz_nbwA