French figure skaters | Page 5 | Golden Skate

French figure skaters

Pika

Final Flight
I was thrilled by Kevin's performance today. He has an amazing sense of feeling the music, performing, giving everything utiliser the end. And he's an incredible hard worker, very demanding with himself, so I think tech limits will be solved soon.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
count me in as a fan! while i was watching him i was thinking "French artistry is real" :biggrin:, i think French men has great ability to entertain even with mistakes

Plumededragon

Medalist
It's sad that Kevin missed the podium, but he was really impressive. He needs to work on the technique indeed, but his performance overall was incredible. I hope he'll keep on working hard! Go Kevin! :cheer:

And big congrats to Ice Dance Abachkina/Thauron who went from 3rd in SP to 2nd in FP and 2nd overall. May the next GP go well! :cheer:

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
So, I thought I had read that France has 1 men's JGP place at 4 events. Just looked at the JGP entries as of now and two other skaters Tesson and Naurits are due to go to Poland and Spain respectively. And Kevin is down as sub for those. So is France only having 3 places or will the one who does best get a chance to enter at Croatia, the last event?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
How come I didn't see this thread eralier?

It's sad that Kevin missed the podium, but he was really impressive. He needs to work on the technique indeed, but his performance overall was incredible. I hope he'll keep on working hard! Go Kevin! :cheer:

And big congrats to Ice Dance Abachkina/Thauron who went from 3rd in SP to 2nd in FP and 2nd overall. May the next GP go well! :cheer:

My feelings exactly!

So, I thought I had read that France has 1 men's JGP place at 4 events. Just looked at the JGP entries as of now and two other skaters Tesson and Naurits are due to go to Poland and Spain respectively. And Kevin is down as sub for those. So is France only having 3 places or will the one who does best get a chance to enter at Croatia, the last event?

I don't know, but I hope Kevin will get second assignment. Would be lovely to see if he improves. His programs have great potential.

This is for the record, so it won't be lost:
I found videos of Romain Ponsart programs from Summer Cup:
Short program
Free program
Music choices from the same thread:
Romain Ponsart FRA
SP Je suis malade by Serge Lama
LP Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35: Allegro moderato

Mattieu

Medalist

I doubt FFSG will send any skaters to the Croatia JGP, as it is at the same time as French Masters, a compulsory event for the French team.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I know Master's is compulsory, but what is its function for French skaters? Do you qualify for Nationals?

And how do you qualify to skate at French Masters?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you!

I am very confused by all the different ways different feds handle their official internal competitions, and hiw they decide which skaters are on their international teams.

I had no idea Summer Cup was more important than Masters in France :eek:

Mattieu

Medalist
Qualification for Masters in Dance is more straightforward than in singles skating

Seniors:
- Be selected for a GP
- One of the partners having participated in Junior French championships or Masters or French Nationals in the season 2014/2015

Juniors (10 couples)
Automatic selection for :
- First 3 couples in the French Junior Nationals 2015
- First 3 couples in the French Novice Nationals 2015
- To be selected for a JGP or a substitute for a JGP.

The rest of the quotas are attributed according to the results of the « SUMMER CUP » which took place from 23 to 25 July 2015 in LYON.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I doubt FFSG will send any skaters to the Croatia JGP, as it is at the same time as French Masters, a compulsory event for the French team.

Okay, so does that mean that, as the other two skaters have spots scheduled at Poland and Spain and not before, it is likely that France aren't taking up their fourth allowed spot or am I wrong and they only had one spot at three events this year? Maybe no one here knows and thanks anyway for answering, but if they do have four, it seems strange they don't use their spots early and then have a fourth spot reserved under one of the names ready to be subbed if necessary for which ever does best.

Get the feeling I am getting entirely too invested in a Junior? Lol Dangerous business this watching of JGPs!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Get the feeling I am getting entirely too invested in a Junior? Lol Dangerous business this watching of JGPs!

No, you're not :D I'm really curious too!
And thank you, Mattieu for your explanations :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
The Master's are an obligation, but skaters can avoid going there for exceptional reasons. Sickness or injuries are the obvious ones, and participations to JPG can be included too. However, I do not know if it happened before that a skater didn't go to Masters because they were at a GP at this time. I don't think so, actually. I guess we'll see once we have the list of the participants to Croatia GP.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If the French fed is smart (lol) they will send him to another JGP. I suppose it wouldn't be fair to Naurits or Tesson to swap one of them out for Aymoz, but he might actually have a sliver of a chance of making the final, while the others have none. But I think sending him to Croatia would be the best move.

Pika

Final Flight
If the French fed is smart (lol) they will send him to another JGP. I suppose it wouldn't be fair to Naurits or Tesson to swap one of them out for Aymoz, but he might actually have a sliver of a chance of making the final, while the others have none. But I think sending him to Croatia would be the best move.

" LOL " you said it. It would be the more logical thing to see Aymoz in Croatia but "logic" already compromise it .

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
No, you're not :D I'm really curious too!
And thank you, Mattieu for your explanations :)

Thank you! And to you, Mattieu, too!

This is my first year of watching skating more in depth- watching Juniors, following skating online and watching more of the small competitions etc - so I'm not really familiar with lots of the bts stuff. Other than the French fed's weird lack of release for skaters like Massot, I don't know much about them. What have they done in recent years that makes them so awful, may I ask? Just want to understand a bit more! Thanks in advance.

Pika

Final Flight
The fed does many awful things at local level. But world top skaters have to start locally don't they ? But when you cut financing of the clubs to kill them, you can do what you want with the skaters. It happened in Lyon, worldwide ice dancing school, and Annecy, which used to be one of the biggest pool forming female skaters. Then, DG could do what he wanted with the athletes, making choices for them, without even caring if it was the best. Lots of talents were wasted, and it hasn't ended...