French figure skaters | Page 6 | Golden Skate

French figure skaters

Mattieu

Medalist
The fed does many awful things at local level. But world top skaters have to start locally don't they ? But when you cut financing of the clubs to kill them, you can do what you want with the skaters. It happened in Lyon, worldwide ice dancing school, and Annecy, which used to be one of the biggest pool forming female skaters. Then, DG could do what he wanted with the athletes, making choices for them, without even caring if it was the best. Lots of talents were wasted, and it hasn't ended...

Can you just imagine what he will do to International skating if he is ISU president and he falls out with a federation?
He will cut them off in any way he can, just like he did to Lyon and Annecy.
A bit like the days of the guillotine 'Off with their heads!'

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
The fed does many awful things at local level. But world top skaters have to start locally don't they ? But when you cut financing of the clubs to kill them, you can do what you want with the skaters. It happened in Lyon, worldwide ice dancing school, and Annecy, which used to be one of the biggest pool forming female skaters. Then, DG could do what he wanted with the athletes, making choices for them, without even caring if it was the best. Lots of talents were wasted, and it hasn't ended...

And what was his supposed reasoning behind all this? Misguided but thinks he is omniscient? Or is there some darker motivation i.e. corruption of some sort?

Pika

Final Flight
All I know if that he wants everything to be under his control, for example he tries to make all top skaters train in Paris, and create a big training center, to say "I made this" even if its not the best for the athletes. If they dont want to do what he wants, he say "ok then I will knock you down, and your carrier". It was hard for Brian to stay in Poitiers, under all the pressure that was put on him to come in Paris, but he had the chance to have already a name, that helped him a lot, something growing talents dont have yet.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
All I know if that he wants everything to be under his control, for example he tries to make all top skaters train in Paris, and create a big training center, to say "I made this" even if its not the best for the athletes. If they dont want to do what he wants, he say "ok then I will knock you down, and your carrier". It was hard for Brian to stay in Poitiers, under all the pressure that was put on him to come in Paris, but he had the chance to have already a name, that helped him a lot, something growing talents dont have yet.

Ah, megalomania and tyranny...

Catlau

On the Ice
In addition, DG is used to promote one skater/one couple in each category (preference based on unknown criteria) and consequently to try to slow career of the other French competitors or disgust them from going on competing, even if they have good results in international competitions. The point is that the French skaters pool is not that big (just compare with the american or russian pools !).
Such a strategy can result in a lack of French competitors in one category. Just look at what is happening in danse category : only one French couple at the senior international level ! French team could have 2 couples if Carron & Jones kept on competing.

Mattieu

Medalist
In addition, DG is used to promote one skater/one couple in each category (preference based on unknown criteria) and consequently to try to slow career of the other French competitors or disgust them from going on competing, even if they have good results in international competitions. The point is that the French skaters pool is not that big (just compare with the american or russian pools !).
Such a strategy can result in a lack of French competitors in one category. Just look at what is happening in danse category : only one French couple at the senior international level ! French team could have 2 couples if Carron & Jones kept on competing.

More to the point, he uses the 2nd team as bargaining tools to promote the first team.
Carron and Jones were sacrificed all the time for the promotion of Pechalat and Bourzat.
But with Gabriella and Guillaume they are so good, he doesn't need a 2nd team to exchange for their good placement.

Pika

Final Flight
Marie-Jade Lauriault and Romain le Gac finished 2nd at JGP Linz yesterday.
SD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yoGx4_n12k
FD : not uploaded yet?

Their scores are promising, maybe they could get a spot for the final ?!

Julia Wagret and Mathieu Couyras training now under Muriel Zazoui and Olivier Schoenfelder finished 14th.
FD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowgdRWN7Fk

French ice dance never stops !

But does anyone have an idea of why Lauriault-Le Gac came back to Juniors after being Silver medalists at French Nats, and potentially having the possibility to go to Europeans (they had the minima, but the Fed didn't let them go I think?) ?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Probably to attempt to get the Worlds TES qualifications. The JGP starts earlier than any other internationals. It gives them a leg up before the Senior B's start.

Pika

Final Flight
Kevin Aymoz is skating in the Lombardia trophy.
He finally landed a clean 3A (+0.33) :cheer: too bad that after this, he singled his flip, but after he landed a clean 3Lz-2T. Two level 4 spins and a level 4 for the step sequence as well. He scored 65.79, which placed him in second right behind his teammate Chafik Besseghier.
Now waiting for a video, and the Free ! :dance:

Kevin finally came 3rd in the Lombardia Trophy ! And knowing that is Michal Brezina who overtake him, it's very honorable.
He landed again his 3A, a clean 3-3 but had some struggles on other jumps.

Here are the protocols:
http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/3860/SeniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf
http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/3860/SeniorMen_FS_Scores.pdf

Congrats to the French team ! :cheer:

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
:cheer: I have really taken to Kevin. I really love his skating style. Congrats to him on the 3rd place finish!

Is he scheduled to skate anywhere else soon does anyone know?

Pika

Final Flight
I don't know which others competitions he will do, but I'm super excited to see what he can do at the French Nationals competing with the seniors. He already improved since we saw him in his JGP so who knows what he can do by the time of December... :cheer2:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congratulations Kevin on the third place! His FS was great! I agree that he improved since JGP, too bad I didn't see his SP :cry: I wish him good luck at French Masters :cheer:

Reynnou

On the Ice
The "Master's d'Orléans" takes place this week.
The results from yesterday :

Junior Men SP
1) Kevin Aymoz 63,76
2) Luc Economidès 55,36
3) Daniel Albert Naurits 55,18
4) Arthur Ribes 49,99
5) Adrien Tesson 48,99
6) Adam Siao Him Fa 40,21
7) Landry le May 38,12
8) Théo Julien 38,10
9) Joshua Rols 37,44
10) Ludovic Bossard 33,23
11) Téo Guillaume 30,76
12) Thomas Clermidy 30,70

Junior Ladies SP
1) Heloïse Pitot 39.06
2) Pauline Wanner 38.62
3) Melyna Decobert 35.16
4) Marina Popov 35.02
5) Julie Froechter 34.83
6) Alizée Crozet 34.10
7) Serena Giraud 31.02
8) Océane Glesser 28.99

Senior Pairs SP
1) Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres 62.42
2) Lola Esbrat/Andrei Novoselov 35.89
3) Camille Mendoza/Pavel Kovalev 34.81

Junior Ice Dance SD
1) Marie-Jade Lauriault/Romain Le Gac 59.93
2) Sarah-Marine Roouffanche/Geoffrey Brissaud 52.95
3) Adelina Galyavieva/Laurent Abecassis 52.74
4) Salomé Abdedou/Dyjan Antunes 43.48
5) Julia Wagret/Mathieu Couyras 43.06
6) Mathilde Harold/Mael Demougeot 41.79
7) Justine Scache/Arnaud Caffa 39.22
8) Manon Juret/Axel Lamasse 35.93
9) Mathilde Viard/Renan Manceaux 35.70
10) Elisa Saez/Yann Thayalan 23.95

Some pictures here : https://www.facebook.com/sportsdeglace/posts/1210431935639959

Last edited: