“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My dream podium in men would be:

Abbott
Dornbush
Farris / Rippon

I'm happy to see some Abbott fans. Between him and Kovton having people outright root against them....it's made me sort if pull for them in a way.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Abbott's skating, but he is so unpredictable. Now that the US men have 3 spots for 2015, I would like to see those spots retained for 2016 in Boston. Although Jeremy was the one who ensured the 3 spots for this year, I am not so sure he will be able to do it again. OTOH, other than Jason Brown, who IS predictable? Certainly not Ricky Dornbush or Josh Farris. Even Max can turn in a dud of a performance every now and then. I wish the US had a skater like Voronov, steady and reliable if not outstandingly artistic, who could be counted on to deliver every single time!

ranjake

Final Flight
Not sure if it's posted already, and I apologize if it is- but Ricky Dornbush's Mom has been ill- with something that seems fairly serious and also difficult to diagnose; so family factors could effect both Ricky and Jeremy (I think Jeremy's Dad just passed away? ) :(

sbaker

On the Ice
My heart's desire is to see Ashley on top again, but I'll be happy as long as she's on the podium.

As for dark horses, I'm looking at Nathan, Amber Glenn (and her new Skyfall w/ lyrics FS), Karen Chen and Hannah Miller (if she can put together two clean performances - rare unfortunately). I really want to see Hannah on the GP circuit this fall.

Also wishing for clean skates from Adam, Jeremy and Mariah! :cheer:

Can it be here already?! :drama:

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
I'm happy to see some Abbott fans. Between him and Kovton having people outright root against them....it's made me sort if pull for them in a way.

:thumbsup: You are one of my new favorite people here. :biggrin:

I love Abbott's skating, but he is so unpredictable. Now that the US men have 3 spots for 2015, I would like to see those spots retained for 2016 in Boston. Although Jeremy was the one who ensured the 3 spots for this year, I am not so sure he will be able to do it again. OTOH, other than Jason Brown, who IS predictable? Certainly not Ricky Dornbush or Josh Farris. Even Max can turn in a dud of a performance every now and then. I wish the US had a skater like Voronov, steady and reliable if not outstandingly artistic, who could be counted on to deliver every single time!

Not sure if it's posted already, and I apologize if it is- but Ricky Dornbush's Mom has been ill- with something that seems fairly serious and also difficult to diagnose; so family factors could effect both Ricky and Jeremy (I think Jeremy's Dad just passed away? ) :(

Jeremy has the drive in him to do well at Nationals again and his whole goal for the season was medal at Worlds. That's one of the only medals he is missing. If he does skate at Nationals (and I predict he still will) there is a very good chance that it will be with a fire in him that no one has ever seen before, same for Worlds(if he makes it). He will be skating for more than just himself and his fans, he will be skating for his father.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Although Jeremy was the one who ensured the 3 spots for this year, I am not so sure he will be able to do it again.

Ahem. No, you are wrong. Jeremy AND MAX ensured the 3 spots for this year. The Jeremy fans can deny it all they like, but Max had to finish high too, and he did.

Let's hope that this year his fans have the decency to not outright wish for Max to fall.

And my thoughts with Ricky and Jeremy and their families at this time. I hope they can both find solace in the ice, if nothing else. :(

Olympic

On the Ice
Men:

Aaron
Dornbush
Brown

Ladies:

Gold
Wagner
Nagasu

Pairs:

Scimeca / Knierim
Denney / Frazier

I think D/F have high scoring potential, but my faves are S/K and Kayne / O'Shea, so if K/O displaced D/F, I wouldn't mind.

Ice Dance:

Chock / Bates
Shibs
Hubbell / Donohue

I think it will turn out this way in Ice Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmm I wouldn't be surprised if H/B sneak in for that third spot. I think 1-2 are pretty well set in dance.

And Jeremy does have this strange alchemy at US Nats where he skates wonderfully, thereby getting all of our hopes up, only to pull and Lucy/Charlie Brown/football move at Worlds. As Charlie would say, Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! But I would love love to see Jason pull off a ratified quad. Wouldn't that be something? And I'd like to see Dornbush skate up to his considerable potential.

I see Denney and Frazier in gold...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ahem. No, you are wrong. Jeremy AND MAX ensured the 3 spots for this year. The Jeremy fans can deny it all they like, but Max had to finish high too, and he did.(

Jeremy was 5th; Max, 8th.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy was 5th; Max, 8th.

This does not relate to their respective positions. karne is right, Jeremy all by his lonesome did not get three spots. Jeremy and Max did.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This does not relate to their respective positions. karne is right, Jeremy all by his lonesome did not get three spots. Jeremy and Max did.

For one skater to get three spots, you have to finish in the top two. So no Jeremy's 5th place alone would have not been enough.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Ahem. No, you are wrong. Jeremy AND MAX ensured the 3 spots for this year. The Jeremy fans can deny it all they like, but Max had to finish high too, and he did.

Let's hope that this year his fans have the decency to not outright wish for Max to fall.(

At the time of mens' FS at World 2014, people here in general said that Jeremy was underscored and should've been 4th over Kovtun.
On the other hand, Max was way overscored compared to what he performed.
Given the slim tight scores from 8th to 10th, the judge looked like doing the math to give the 3 spots.

It is natural for people to recognize Jeremy's contributions more than Max since Jeremy was much closer to the podium.
I don't think there are such mean spirited people in wishing the compatriot's downfall at World or vice versa. The athletes need to put together as U.S. team.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At the time of mens' FS at World 2014, people here in general said that Jeremy was underscored and should've been 4th over Kovtun.

I thought his PCS should have been much higher than Kovtun's - but I think everyone's PCS should be higher than Kovtun's. His TES I totally understood.

On the other hand, Max was way overscored compared to what he performed.

He did try too hard and stepped out/turned out of some jumps - but he rotated them all and didn't fall. I don't think he was overscored at all.

It is natural for people to recognize Jeremy's contributions more than Max since Jeremy was much closer to the podium.

Except that is not what is going on and that's not what has been going on all year since Worlds. People have been giving Jeremy SOLE CREDIT for the spots and that's blatantly untrue.

I don't think there are such mean spirited people in wishing the compatriot's downfall at World or vice versa. The athletes need to put together as U.S. team.

Well then, I guess you need to be introduced to some of Jeremy's fans on Twitter, who were not only openly wishing for Max to fall, but when challenged on it, claimed it was a fine sentiment to express because they didn't like Max's "attitude"!

For one skater to get three spots, you have to finish in the top two. So no Jeremy's 5th place alone would have not been enough.

I think that rule about second place only applies when the country has just one competitor, anyway. Is that right? So if you have two, both placements still have to add up right even if one guy wins the whole thing?

jagragold

On the Ice
Men:
Abbott
Brown
Aaron

Ladies:
Gold
Wagner
Edmunds

Pairs:
Scimeca / Knierim
Denney / Frazier

Ice Dance:
Chock / Bates
Shibutanis
Hubbell / Donohue

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I think that rule about second place only applies when the country has just one competitor, anyway. Is that right? So if you have two, both placements still have to add up right even if one guy wins the whole thing?

Correct.
That said, I do appreciate that Mrs. P's post underlines that no way does Jeremy alone deserve credit for the three spots.
Max's placement -- altho' lower than Jeremy's -- was crucial for earning the third spot.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Right. One skater can only secure three spots on one's own if they are the sole competition, e.g. Yuna Kim winning Worlds and getting 3 spots for Korea.

Also, as relatively poor as Max did, he did more than Tomas Verner, who finished in 15th in the FS to drop from 4th to 10th, enabling Max to move up a spot.

I'm sure Max would have loved to do better, but he did enough to get the job done. And yes, Jeremy performed better and made a greater contribution to three spots, but Max did his part too.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Right. One skater can only secure three spots on one's own if they are the sole competition, e.g. Yuna Kim winning Worlds and getting 3 spots for Korea.

Also, as relatively poor as Max did, he did more than Tomas Verner, who finished in 15th in the FS to drop from 4th to 10th, enabling Max to move up a spot.

I'm sure Max would have loved to do better, but he did enough to get the job done. And yes, Jeremy performed better and made a greater contribution to three spots, but Max did his part too.

:agree: And the discussion in this thread is a good excuse to throw back to the mutual :cool: shout-outs :yay: between the two gentlemen :bow: from the U.S.:

@MaxTAaron
I'm so proud of @jeremyabbottpcf and his performance and thrilled that we were able to win another spot for next season!
10:04 AM - 1 Apr 2014
https://twitter.com/MaxTAaron/status/451042305172971520

@jeremyabbottpcf
@MaxTAaron thank you Max! But it took both of us to get that spot back. So thank you as well!!!
10:27 AM - 1 Apr 2014
https://twitter.com/jeremyabbottpcf/status/451048131372011520

Last edited:

mustafakent

On the Ice
Ashley and Gracie will be on team surely.Ashley is my biggest favourite for title.:love:And I want to see Samatha at Worlds.I also love Mirai Nagasu and the way Courtney jumps but this year my third spot goes to Samantha.I love American ladies.:thumbsup:
Richard and Jeremy are two men that I want to see at Worlds but Richard is my favourite this year.:cheer:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Given the slim tight scores from 8th to 10th, the judge looked like doing the math to give the 3 spots. ...

What a baseless accusation re manipulating the scores. :mad:
(The overall scores were close, but it is a huge leap to assume that the judges were colluding to give the U.S. three spots.)

Last edited: