Promising USA Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Promising USA Skaters

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I had not seen anywhere that Usfsa had assigned competitors for the JGP?

But it is not the first instance -- in my experience -- that an individual competitor has referred to a specific JGP before any official announcement.

In those cases, my assumption has been that Skater X's federation has let it be known unofficially to X that it will be sending X to JGP Y. [Presumably with the hope that the early knowledge will help Team X tailor X's training so that s/he will be in absolutely peak condition at the time of Y. And perhaps the early notice would affect which summer comp(s) the skater enters??]

Just my assumption.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I had not seen anywhere that Usfsa had assigned competitors for the JGP?

I was wondering about that.

As this is the first one. It could be that wires got crossed from "she will be competing in the JGP which starts in Slovakia" to "she will be competing in Slovakia" maybe by someone who does not understand how the JGP works. I could see them thinking well if it starts they must be there to participate.

I don't mind skaters finding out early, but the message should be pounded into them to keep their mouths shut until and official announcement.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am with golden411, that I don't think it's that big of a deal for JGP assignments to be leaked. As golden stated, we've heard people talk about planned JGP assignments before they were "officially announce" (i.e. via international assignments or entry rosters).

Also, it appears that a bunch of skaters --Emily Chan included-- were just as something called ISP Singles Camp? https://twitter.com/TimDolensky/status/616000212155301888

It looks like it includes skaters on the ISP who did not get a Grand Prix assignment, namely juniors (though i spot a few senior skaters)-- so I think the assignments are starting to roll out anyway.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is enraptured by Vivian Le after her JGP debut, so here's her JGP Slovakia Short Program
Also Emily Chan, despite not so good jumps had really lovely program
Wish both of them a clean free skate :cheer:
Emily Chan is a real treat to watch, even with the falls. She has such wonderful spins and skating skills. Her step sequence received level 4 and all +2/3 GOE!!! That's better than most senior ladies!!.

Her PCS was also deservedly higher than Vivians. I am rooting for her!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Emily Chan is definitely someone I enjoy watching even with the jump mistakes. She got 4.5 points in +GOE on her spins and steps. That's pretty awesome. And her step sequence was just gorgeous and to the music.

I think it's good to have skaters you just enjoy watching even if their jump arsenal isn't up to snuff. I felt that way about Jonathan Cassar with his awesome spread eagles and I think I will feel that way with Emily. I think she would make a great coach as far as skating basics. Really awesome skating quality.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
I really enjoyed the Parsons' programs and skating! They are proof that siblings can skate to romantic music as well as unrelated skaters and have as good a chemistry on the ice. Also all their movements seemed so seamless. And quite a good speed too!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well deserved :) The have a pretty good chances to make it to JGPF afterall :cool:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to Emily Chan on a great score (167.45) at US Regionals! Keep it up, Emily :cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really happy to see Emily nail that 3-3 in both the SP and FS!! That will certainly be an asset while she works on her lutz jump! :)

skatemd1

On the Ice
I really enjoyed the Parsons' programs and skating! They are proof that siblings can skate to romantic music as well as unrelated skaters and have as good a chemistry on the ice. Also all their movements seemed so seamless. And quite a good speed too!

Yes, totally agree, and their performance at nationals was even better! They just keep growing as performers. Fun to see.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Popping in to wish good luck to two of our most promising young skaters, Alexia Paganini and Haley Beavers, who will be making their Jr. Intl. deubts at the Gardena Spring Trophy this week! Good luck to both -- go forth and land things! :cheer:

Skategmt

On the Ice
On the USFSA's ISP page, it shows that Luca Becker is now skating with Isabella Amoia. When did he and Gigi break-up?