European Championships: Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

European Championships: Predictions Game Round 1

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey, you don't have to count my mens predictions. I'm seriously late (only about 20 mins left till it's starts!) and I just wanted to add them for fun :)

Don't worry about it. Whenever I am running the Predictions Game, I am very flexible with the deadlines. Basically, as long as the competition hasn't started, then you're in. ;) :biggrin:

For me, the 1 hour beforehand thing is more of a target time so that you are not rushing like mad at the last minute. A "hurry up, it's not long till we start" warning.

But, I'm really kicking myself about my Pairs predictions. I had a total brain fade and when I saw the names Stolbova / Klimov, I thought of Bobrova / Soloviev and their injury problems!!! :bang:

And it was only when I saw them warming up backstage during the interval there now that I realised. (I'm playing catch-up)

Who knows, Yuko and Alex might still beat them...

Oh, the joys of formulating predictions at 6am on the morning that a championship is starting!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Don't worry about it. Whenever I am running the Predictions Game, I am very flexible with the deadlines. Basically, as long as the competition hasn't started, then you're in. ;) :biggrin:

For me, the 1 hour beforehand thing is more of a target time so that you are not rushing like mad at the last minute. A "hurry up, it's not long till we start" warning.

Ooooh, cool! Thank you! Not that it would usually help me at all, given that men usually is my worst category... but as bad as I did in Ice Dance, I really need it :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
On the dance predictions: The only "solace" I take is that I had the sense to put S/B into my reserve slot. They moved into fifth after Coomes/Buckland withdrew and I managed to salvage a measly 5 points. No joke, I even considered putting in Testa/Csolley or Guignard/Fabbri instead. :rofl: But yeah, 45 points total...

Btw, I feel like we need new shorthands for Coomes/Buckland and Chock/Bates to avoid confusion when Worlds rolls around. I nominate Coo/Bu (pronounced "KOO-boo") and Cho/Ba (pronounced "CHO-bah").

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
On the dance predictions: The only "solace" I take is that I had the sense to put S/B into my reserve slot. They moved into fifth after Coomes/Buckland withdrew and I managed to salvage a measly 5 points. No joke, I even considered putting in Testa/Csolley or Guignard/Fabbri instead. :rofl: But yeah, 45 points total...

Btw, I feel like we need new shorthands for Coomes/Buckland and Chock/Bates to avoid confusion when Worlds rolls around. I nominate Coo/Bu (pronounced "KOO-boo") and Cho/Ba (pronounced "CHO-bah").
Death to shorthands :p

Just write their names...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Death to shorthands :p

Just write their names...
But I love saying KOO-boo and CHO-bah! :laugh:

More on topic, my ladies predictions are a mess. But I'd rather the mess stayed in this thread and not the ice. My only regret: Oh Kiira, why has fortune been so unkind to you? Why did you have to withdraw? :cry:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alright guys, I've scored the ice dance and we all did just awful. The ONLY person who cleverly avoided putting M&K in some spot that royally messed up their scores was our gold medal winner:

Lydia1703 who came out with a truly whopping 65 points!

The next best after that were our silver medal winners:

DiamondRain, gopatrick, Poice, and sunny_stars
who managed a respectable 50 points each

14 people share the bronze with 45 points. I hope you will understand/forgive me for not listing each of you individually.

In all total seriousness, I am pretty sure that overall these are the worst ice dance scores in the history of all the predictions games. The mean was only 38.33 points, and the median is 40 :/

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
From the Dream Podium/Wishes thread:

Additional question: How many medals do you think that Russia will get in these Euros (out of twelve)?

I'm gonna go with....:think:........eight

I would go with eight too. In theory, they're good for nine (sweep in ladies + pairs, one in ice dance, two in men), but somebody's gonna goof up.
And we were wrong. More precisely, some people did goof up, but no non-Russians stepped through the open door.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I just wrote this exactly the same time in the other thread! :laugh:

Great minds think alike!

...or so I'd say, except Europeans completely destroyed my sleep patterns and my mind isn't feeling so great at the moment. Not that those sleep patterns were particularly ideal in the first place, mind you.

More on topic: Thank you, tulosai, for the ice dance scores. Hey, if there's any comfort, it's that the many of us who bombed to 45 points still medalled. :laugh2: A bit like the men's competition, huh...?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, pairs time!

Gold: desertskates with 75 points! :cheer:

Silver: CaroLiza_Fan, WeatherGal, FSGMT, and Lydia1703 with 65 points! :rock:

Bronze: inside edges with 60 points! :cheer2:

And then a bunch of people with 55 and 45 points... also, 2/3 of the people on the podium were the only people to get the winner correct!

Weathergal

Medalist
Wow, beginner's luck for me for sure! I was worried that my Kavaguti/Smirnov pick for first was betting with my heart more than my head (just love their "Manfred Symphony" LP!) but decided to go with it (and the inkling that they were due for win) anyway. Thanks again to all the people who take the time to do the scoring and to CaroLiza for putting this together. It's lots of fun even when not doing so well, like in Dance this time--ouch. Looking forward to Four Continents and Worlds.

Congrats to Desert Skates for a perfect score! Really impressive getting Marchei and Hotarek correct in fourth!

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Alright guys, I've scored the ice dance and we all did just awful. The ONLY person who cleverly avoided putting M&K in some spot that royally messed up their scores was our gold medal winner:

In all total seriousness, I am pretty sure that overall these are the worst ice dance scores in the history of all the predictions games. The mean was only 38.33 points, and the median is 40 :/

Bad outing for me this time around!:drama: Oh well, I am off to do 4CC prediction! Hopefully, I can get back my mojo!:laugh2:

SCORERS AND ORGANIZERS, THANK YOU!

desertskates

Medalist
Omg, you could knock me over with a feather! I admit I haven't been so on top of keeping track of my predictions because of moving house, but a 75! I have to admit, I think I was on the phone with kitchen contractors when I was doing this, lol! Wow, that and you guys just made my day! Congrats to all who did well this round, and many thanks to the organizers! On to the next one :D

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Okay, pairs time!

Gold: desertskates with 75 points! :cheer:

Silver: CaroLiza_Fan, WeatherGal, FSGMT, and Lydia1703 with 65 points! :rock:

Bronze: inside edges with 60 points! :cheer2:

And then a bunch of people with 55 and 45 points... also, 2/3 of the people on the podium were the only people to get the winner correct!

Wow, I didn't expect this, winning the bronze in the prediction game for pairs. I feel great but don't remember how the game rule for getting points works. Any reminder or link on the rule would be appreciated because I am puzzled over the result. My prediction only got right on only the first two medalists. I see desertskates with the perfect score. Congratulations! However, shouldn't Lydia1703 be the sole silver medalist because her prediction gets right on 4 teams over the rest with 3 rights. I probably would be off the podium.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Okay, so as the last part - here are the ladies results!

Gold: 65 - lighthouse
Silver: 60 - anyanka, DiamondRain, GF2445, Gia_Sesshoumaru, guenever, inside_edges, leolion11, paulusfr, satine94
Bronze: 55 - fleeting, Lydia1703, Mentalopes

As always, please check your scores and let me know if anything is wrong. This time, I have to admit Kiira withdrawing and therefor not counting her in the predictions kind of gave me a headache - I think I confused myself more than once :drama::laugh:

For the European Championships as a whole:

Gold: 225 - Lydia1703
Silver: 215 - lighthouse
Bronze: 210 - alebi, desertskates, GF2445

Congratulations!!:cheer:

PS: Don't forget that there's The Winter Universade before 4 Continents rolls around. That prediction thread has less entries then the 4C one right now! :)

Last edited:

lighthouse

Rinkside
Wow- I've never gotten a gold medal before- thanks! By the way, were the men's results posted? I didn't see them.