2015 US Nationals Senior Short Dance Jan 23 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Short Dance Jan 23

LisaM

Medalist
Well... Hubbell and Donahue were kinda screwed. I liked that at least as much and Shibs and C/B. The twizzles with that music was insane. I'm guessing levels is what screwed them? Anyway at least they're in third right now.

They got some calls and it was definitely the levels.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
It sounds like Emily is doing great though. I think she is in graduate school.

Yes, and I think she got married to a very wealthy guy (not that it matter that he got money), but skate fans know how to hold a grudge... ;)... as I said , maybe is just me. Not thta I want something wrong over Chock and Bates, just can´t bring myself to like them.

samson

Medalist
Their TES was the same as C/M and lower that H/B. I had a feeling this might happen, some of the key points were a bit murky.

aaaah ok. I guess that's a spot when my knowledge of ice dancing could be improved. I understand some basics: flow, speed, closeness, musical interpretation, unison, but I still don't have a hold on the finesse when it comes to things like key points.

LisaM

Medalist
aaaah ok. I guess that's a spot when my knowledge of ice dancing could be improved. I understand some basics: flow, speed, closeness, musical interpretation, unison, but I still don't have a hold on the finesse when it comes to things like key points.

Same. I hardly notice slight differences. Also levels are still messing with my head.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see where Aldridge and Eaton will place. It was good but it lacked the fire we saw from other teams.

ETA: 57+ they seem shocked by the scores.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Charlie is doing an excellent job; good detail, pleasant speaking voice and he seems conscious of not speaking too much, haha.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Results

1 9 Madison Chock, All Year FSC
Evan Bates, Ann Arbor FSC 73.95
2 10 Maia Shibutani, SC of New York
Alex Shibutani, Arctic FSC 73.84
3 13 Madison Hubbell, Detroit SC
Zachary Donohue, Detroit SC 65.43
4 8 Kaitlin Hawayek, Detroit SC
Jean-Luc Baker, Seattle SC 63.95
5 11 Stasia Cannuscio, University of Delaware FSC
Colin McManus, SC of Boston 61.95
6 17 Alexandra Aldridge, Detroit SC
Daniel Eaton, Detroit SC 57.74
7 15 Danielle Gamelin, SC of New York
Alexander Gamelin, SC of New York 52.53
8 3 Anastasia Olson, Detroit SC
Ian Lorello, Detroit SC 51.94
9 6 Charlotte Maxwell, Arctic FSC
Ryan Devereaux, Pittsburgh FSC 50.94
10 12 Ginna Hoptman, IceWorks SC
Pavel Filchenkov, IceWorks SC 47.87
11 16 Elicia Reynolds, IceWorks SC
Stephen Reynolds, IceWorks SC 40.02
12 7 Kseniya Ponomaryova, Skokie Valley SC
Oleg Altukhov, Escondido FSC 37.64
13 1 Kristen Nardozzi, Stars FSC of Texas
Nick Traxler, Stars FSC of Texas 37.05
14 14 Ashlyn Gaughan, Broadmoor SC
Cody Lithco, Lilac City FSC 32.82
15 2 Tory Patsis, Skokie Valley SC
Nathaniel Fast, University ISC of San Jose 32.81
16 5 Pauline Bynum, All Year FSC
Jason Deveikis, Ann Arbor FSC 26.18
17 4 Gabriela Morrell Zucker, All Year FSC
Andrejs Sitiks, Gardens FSC of Maryland 23.78

Will put up protocals when they become available.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Charlie was great! I want more!!

Me too! I actually preferred him to Tanith, whom I've also enjoyed. I would love to hear him give commentary with either Tanith or Meryl at the same time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_fs_champs/SEGM040.html

The Shibs won on TES, Chock and Bates on PCS. +GOE nearly identical.

Hubbell and Donohue got level 2 on Paso sequences on their lift. Charlie specifically mentioned the lift, but thought it would affect them on +GOE not BV.

Also worth noting Cannusco/McManus and Hawayek/Baker got the exact TES (32.61). H/B got the edge on PCS.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Here's the Ice Dance SD's:

U.S. Nationals Group #1 Dance SD (Nardozzi/Traxler, Patsis/Fast, Olson/Lorello, Zucker/Sitiks)

U.S. Nationals Group #2 Dance SD (Bynum/Deveikis, Maxwell/Devereaux, Ponomaryova/Altukhov, Hawayek/Baker)

U.S. Nationals Group #3 Dance SD (Chock/Bates, Shibs, Cannuscio/McManus, Hoptman/Filchenkov) intermittent audio issues beginning around the Shibs, but goes away after a few minutes

Added #3: Chock/Bates, Shibs, Cannuscio/McManus, Hoptman/Filchenkov

slider11

Medalist
The Samuelson/Bates split was really too bad. She was a dancer's dancer and they matched well. We'll probably never know the full story but the abrupt timing of the split with little time for her to regroup was troublesome.

Meanwhile...the SD was terrific and I particularly liked the Shibs! The crowd was really moved by their dance! It will be a real battle for first and I hope C/B and Shibs all skate well. I am very excited about Hawayek and Baker-they are rising stars! Hubbell and Donahue also did quite well but I'm quietly rooting for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc to take bronze. Anyone catch Marina's glare when Aldridge and Eaton's scores came up. They are very pleasant but I more appreciate Daniel than Alexandra. Maybe it their similar height or maybe Alexandra just doesn't have the same presence or artistic flair that Daniel brings. They just don't see to gel as a team to me. Sorry Marina!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker