2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP Jan 22 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP Jan 22

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can someone post the SP results here please. THANKS.

The general results link is in the OP of this thread (and in every other Nats event thread that Doris :bow: set up in advance for us).

At that link, all you have to do is look under Championship Pairs SP.

(Teach a man to fish ....)

Alba

Record Breaker
They placed third with a very solid skate. They landed everything, looked smooth and cohesive, and had a tremendous triple twist. They'll probably want to work on levels for next year.

Thanks. I'm very glad. :) I like these two.

waxel

Final Flight
I liked John Coughlin's commentary. At first I thought he was very low energy, but then it seemed like he was just kind of Zen and it worked. He's really well spoken. (Truthfully, I'm a longtime fan- all the way back to when he skated singles.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I liked John Coughlin's commentary. At first I thought he was very low energy, but then it seemed like he was just kind of Zen and it worked. He's really well spoken. (Truthfully, I'm a longtime fan- all the way back to when he skated singles.)

I agree. I also like that he was very good explaining the levels, i.e. explaining why Kayne/O'Shea did not score as well as the top 3 despite a clean skate.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
WOW! US record for Alexa and Chris! Their triple twist is sooo huge - Can't wait to see the quad! That was spectacular. I'm so happy for them :biggrin:

ETA - Score of 74.01

Great skate but I guess Italy is getting a run for home cooking. This is disgusting - so that means if Duhamel and Radford skated their short clean they should get over 80 in Canada I guess :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looks like US judges don't want to be in shadow of Russian nationals inflation :laugh2:

This way I can easily see 100 for Jason with clean SP without quad :biggrin:

Russia is not the problem with inflation try Italy - they gave away points like nobody's business :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is safe to say that regardless of the homecooking or gifting the US is looking good to beat Canada 2 and 3 and thus may be able to thwart Canada's chances for 3 teams for 2016 worlds. They may be able to get even 3 teams for the US BUT that is dependent on them beating the no. 2 and 3 Canadians plus probably a Chinese or Russian team or two and assuming they can hold off the French and Italians. So it would take some aligning of the stars!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is safe to say that regardless of the homecooking or gifting the US is looking good to beat Canada 2 and 3 and thus may be able to thwart Canada's chances for 3 teams for 2016 worlds. They may be able to get even 3 teams for the US BUT that is dependent on them beating the no. 2 and 3 Canadians plus probably a Chinese or Russian team or two and assuming they can hold off the French and Italians. So it would take some aligning of the stars!

Placements of two pairs have to add to 13 or less to qualify a third team for next year, right? Stranger things have happened. But not by much.

If 2 Russian pairs and 2 Chinese pairs and 1 Canadian pair beat the top Americans... which I think is highly probable... then the best possible placement for Americans would be 6 and 7, which would get them 3 teams for next year.

If any other pair slips in between... the Americans can't get to 13.

Two American pairs in the top 10 would be a step in the right direction... in fact, I think we could call it a big accomplishment.