2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies FS Jan 24 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies FS Jan 24

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
NBC isn't showing anything figure skating related until 8pm EST (40 minutes from now).

Unless you want to see Wheel of Fortune right now... :slink:

xzchief

Rinkside
I have quite a luxury that Europeans are at "normal" time for me :) Who the hell invented time zones? :p :think: :scratch: :confused2:

Without time zones, part of the world would be dark at noon and have bright sun at midnight.

I believe the U.S. started its time zones in the 19th century as a way to standardize train arrival/departure times.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Without time zones, part of the world would be dark at noon and have bright sun at midnight.

I believe the U.S. started its time zones in the 19th century as a way to standardize train arrival/departure times.

Guy, I know that, just joking ;)

xzchief

Rinkside
I never understood why they have competitions so late. The top skaters or last skaters end up doing their programs at 11 pm or midnight.

Is it normal for a skater to be able to skate that late?

U.S. primetime television hours are typically 8 to 11 p.m. eastern/pacific and 7 to 10 p.m. central/mountain. NBC wants the end of the ladies' free skate to happen at the end of its primetime programming. The USFSA wants to be on NBC so it makes accommodations.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Christina Cleveland's last jumping pass got completely invalidated + her 3S was REP'd.

Maria Yang ................42.79+ 88.61=131.40
Christina Cleveland ...45.24+70.02=115.26

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Christina Cleveland's last jumping pass got completely invalidated + her 3S was REP'd.

Maria Yang ................42.79+ 88.61=131.40
Christina Cleveland ...45.24+70.02=115.26

Why did her coach shush her in the KnC? She was waving to the audience, then her coach stopped her and she slapped her hand over her mouth like she said something she wasn't supposed to