2015 US Nationals Senior Free Dance Jan. 24 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Free Dance Jan. 24

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ugh I hate NBC. I almost wish they were showing nothing so at least I could watch it on IceNetwork.

This. It's totally irrational how they have it set up. I'm not subscribed to IN this year and I am still angry. I DO understand not showing something on IN if NBC is actually showing it, but if they are not, then IN should be able to show it. If NBC only is going to show the top 4, the rest should ALL be on IN. Anything else is illogical, unfair, stupid, and so on.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lmao who is the woman commentating at IN? She was like 'who?' when the guy was talking about the FD record set by Meryl and Charlie last year. Wow.

LOL, I guess you have never heard of IRONY. LMAO at your gullibility.
Judy Blumberg -- who knows perfectly well who Davis/White are -- is doing the commentary, AFAIK.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I suppose it's safe to say that NBC will not show Ice Dance until the last group begins, starting with Hawayek/Baker.

I so hope so and that it's not only the last 4 to skate that will be shown. This makes me so angry. I really want to see H/B, like desperately.

LisaM

Medalist
LOL, I guess you have never heard of IRONY. LMAO at your gullibility.
Judy Blumberg -- who knows perfectly well who Davis/White are -- is doing the commentary, AFAIK.

Wow you don't have to be so rude?
She seemed actually confused.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This. It's totally irrational how they have it set up. I'm not subscribed to IN this year and I am still angry. I DO understand not showing something on IN if NBC is actually showing it, but if they are not, then IN should be able to show it. If NBC only is going to show the top 4, the rest should ALL be on IN. Anything else is illogical, unfair, stupid, and so on.

Yeah, this split IN/NBC coverage is even worse than I expected, and I was expecting it to be bad.

Olson/Lorello skating in Ice Dance right now -- NBC showing Nagasu replay.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I'm pretty confident it will be the final 5. We'll see them do the warm-up and then they'll talk about everyone, and then we'll get the final flight. Heck, we might even get C/B's SD first. :)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm pretty confident it will be the final 5. We'll see them do the warm-up and then they'll talk about everyone, and then we'll get the final flight. Heck, we might even get C/B's SD first. :)

I think that's my worry - if they show one of the short dances first, at the rate the two broadcasts are going, we won't have time for all 5 teams.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I don't assume NBC will show the whole last flight. Some of you have more confidence than me lol. I do really really hope to be wrong though.

I'm thinking Cannuscio/McManus will be an opportunity for NBC to show some fluff pieces/interviews.

auser

Record Breaker

I can't describe how much I agree with your post! I was so dismayed with a similar situation regarding ESPN's tennis coverage during the summer(and the reduction of skating coverage elsewhere) I cancelled my cable subscription.:slink:

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Well, I thought I wasn't going to see Scott Hamilton cry ever again. I was wrong.

RIP Toller.

Please no SDs NBC!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Welp, they're using the warm-up to show part of Kaitlyn and Jean-Luc's My Humps video, so all is forgiven :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like Maia's new dress! The color and cut works much better for her.