Team China | Golden Skate

Team China

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm just opening the thread because it seems there is no suitable place for talking about Chinese skaters, especially pair teams, the federation, and events held in China and etc.

I'm not sure this is the right title for the subjects, but I feel it would be good rather than the generic name like "Chinese figure skaters" to avoid any confusion.

Please feel free to use this thread and talk about skaters related to China.

The Chinese Skating Association (CSA)
http://skating.sport.org.cn/ (in Chinese)

Figure Skating Department of CSA
http://chnfs.org/ (in Chinese)

Cup of China
A part of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating since 2003 x

Fan Fests

Men

Ladies

Pairs

Ice Dance

Retired skaters or dissolved teams

Notable people in Chinese figure skating
  • Bin YAO
  • Bo LUAN
  • Lu CHEN (陈露 Nov. 24 1976)
  • Zhengxin GUO (郭政新 August 1, 1979)
  • Min ZHANG (张民 March 24, 1976)
  • Chenjiang LI (李成江 April 28, 1979)
  • Nan SONG (宋楠 August 9, 1990)

Golden Skate articles and threads
Articles
Zijun Li: 'You will see the best of me' (06-12-2016) by Wei Xiong

Threads
Yu/Jin & Peng/Zhang switch partners (April 12, 2016)
The splitting event of Yu/Jin - a summary (April 28 2016)
2016-2017 Team China Update (June 5 2016)
Qing Pang & Jian Tong have married! (June 18 2016)
Sui/Han VS Stolbova/Klimov(July 18 2016)

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Thanks :) BTW, have you watched the 4LZ I linked in US men's thread. it was originally posted in Shoma's thread.:biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
This is the brief history of how this thread has been created. :) The below listed posts are copied from State of the U.S. Men's Figure Skating for 2014-15

Boyang just posted a gigantic 4LZ in his practice, it is the biggest jump I have either seen, nearly as high as his body length!!!!!!!
and also don't forget Han.

Okay, this has nothing to do with this thread, but I cannot find a place to share this :p

Can I see the video of Boyang's 4lz? I saw Adam Rippon's 4lz although it was underrotated a bit.
By the way, they're Chinese, and are Boyang supposed to compete for Junior World this year instead of senior World?

I dont know, Boyang probably will go to junior?, but he just won Chinese nationals and surpassed Han. But Han is still the no1 total package male skater from China.
I dont know how to link that clip. but I am sure soon it will be posted somewhere.
There has been clips of Boyang doing 4LZ coming out before and posted in this forum. pretty good quality.
but this one I just saw, is probably the biggest ever jump I have ever seen.

okay found it in Shoma's fan thread, I knew I would find it there. ;)
here it is for you
http://www.meipai.com/media/224186069

this little rivalry between Shoma and Boyang has been simmering for quite a while now. kinda cute:p:cool:
Thanks. I'm gonna copy and paste the link to the newly opened thread, "Team China". Let's use the thread for anything related to Chinese skaters from now on.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thanks :) BTW, have you watched the 4LZ I linked in US men's thread. it was originally posted in Shoma's thread.:biggrin:

Yes, that was a funny part for sure, but we have a new thread finally. Back to the topic, the jump is huge and fast!
I wonder when he will bring the monster to competition. Shoma and Boyang could be a good rivalry to each other.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you for making this thread! To commemorate its beginning, I'd like to share this lovely performance from the legends Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, at the 2007 World Championships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF9B4lfU3rQ Though they were known most for their power and athleticism, I thought they showcased lightness and grace in this program.

There are also quite a few fan fests for individual Chinese skaters/pairs. Maybe it would be nice to add these to the first post...?

Sui/Han
Peng/Zhang
Yu/Jin

Han Yan
Boyang Jin

Zijun Li

I think that's all of them, though apologies if I missed anyone.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thank you for making this thread! To commemorate its beginning, I'd like to share this lovely performance from the legends Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, at the 2007 World Championships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF9B4lfU3rQ Though they were known most for their power and athleticism, I thought they showcased lightness and grace in this program.

There are also quite a few fan fests for individual Chinese skaters/pairs. Maybe it would be nice to add these to the first post...?

Sui/Han
Peng/Zhang
Yu/Jin

Han Yan
Li Zijun

I think that's all of them, though apologies if I missed anyone.

You're welcome and thank you for bringing the presents to flourish the thread already!

I thought there would definitely be a thread dedicated for Shen/Zhao since they are legendary pair skaters, but we can use this place instead. :)
The program is very touching and mesmerizing to watch, so that they could be a three time World champion. :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I see the Chinese pairs flourishing in the forthcoming years. Both S/H and Y/J are young enough to go to the '26 olys, and I've heard that several young team were formed recently.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I thought there would definitely be a thread dedicated for Shen/Zhao since they are legendary pair skaters, but we can use this place instead. :)
The program is very touching and mesmerizing to watch, so that they could be a three time World champion. :)
I think they were already retired by the time the Fan Fest section became active here?

Anyway, it would be wrong not to link to their 2003 Worlds LP, Turandot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYuRHZMNCeE For anyone who hasn't seen this much talked-about performance. Just listening to the commentary, it's kinda a shame they never got that throw 4S. But training it probably gave them the most massive throw 3S ever.

I see the Chinese pairs flourishing in the forthcoming years. Both S/H and Y/J are young enough to go to the '26 olys, and I've heard that several young team were formed recently.
Chinese pairs compete forever. :biggrin: :yes: Though I hope they won't have to wait that long for their chance to shine.

firal

Record Breaker
Y/J really made an impression on me this season. I prefer them over all the other Chinese pairs. I forgot which commentator said this, but she said that they just seem like they were born to skate with each other. I felt the same way watching them too.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The entry list of the 4CCs is up now. http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051600.htm

Here goes the skaters who will represent China.

Men

Yuhang GUAN 3rd at National 2014, 10th at Cup of China 2014
Yi WANG 4th at National 2014, 11th at Cup of China 2014, 16th at 4CC 2014
Han YAN 2nd at Nationals 2014, 7th at Olympics 2014, 7th at Worlds 2014

Ladies

Zijun Li 1st at Nationals 2014, 14th at Olympics 2014, 17th at World 2014, 3rd at 4CC 2014

Pairs

Qing PANG / Jian TONG 4th at Olympics 2014, 2nd at Olympics 2010
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN

Ice Dance

Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU
Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if the pairs plan to bring the quad throw to 4cc and worlds, or just practice it for next season?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Y/J really made an impression on me this season. I prefer them over all the other Chinese pairs. I forgot which commentator said this, but she said that they just seem like they were born to skate with each other. I felt the same way watching them too.

They're very handsome and promising skaters in capable of delivering a nice interpretation to music. I like their lyrical NHK performance. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_-zg9Y15GE

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if the pairs plan to bring the quad throw to 4cc and worlds, or just practice it for next season?
Sui/Han are obviously practicing it. According to the CBC crew during the 2014 Olympics, Peng/Zhang are practicing it as well (though take this with a grain of salt, since Irving/Lane/Browning don't always get their facts right). I don't know if we'll see the quad throws this season... maybe S/H could test theirs out at 4CC.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I'm glad Guan Yuhang is going to 4CC. I really enjoyed his skate at CoC and I think has a lot of potential. Hope Han Yan is doing well health wise since it's a good chance for him and Zijun to get the momentum going before WC's. Wishing Team China all the best! :cheer2:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't know where to ask this, but this thread doesn't seem like a bad place... Does anyone have info on Pang/Tong's programs this season?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
http://weibo.com/pangqing_tongjian pang/tong's weibo
If anyone wants to find out latest Chinese news on Pang/Tong, just copy and paste 佟健 佟健 into the search engine. :)

Okay, I did some research on their comeback to 4CC and Worlds.

Their intent for showingup in the 4CC and Shanghai World is to promote Chinese figure skating and to get a favor for China's 2022 Winter Olympics bid. I guess they will show this costume for the competition.

summary of the article: in Chinese, [URL="http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/108614807898/pang-tong-are-coming-back-for-4cc-and-worlds"]copied from this [/URL]

they got competitive programs choreographed by nikolai morozov after operapop on ice last fall; the sp is a tango and the fs is bocelli’s io ci saro
their main motivation for coming back is because worlds is in china and they want to perform one more time at home to thank all the people who helped them through the years
they also want to help promote china’s 2022 winter olympic bid
they did their sp at christmas on ice in december. mao and daisuke were surprised to hear they were coming back to competition but wished them good luck
they are currently training in moscow

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you, inside edges and s_parks, for the info and for the links (my understanding of written Chinese is limited to about twenty characters). I did follow their "return" thread, but it was difficult to parse the facts from the rumours there. So Tango and Io Ci Saro are confirmed. :dance:

I hope they're healthy and will deliver skates they can look back on fondly. Any result at this point would just be a bonus.

s_parks

Record Breaker
According to this tweet Han Yan has a swelling in his knee from the injury at nationals and got a CT scan. Poor kid, hope he's okay for 4cc, and if not, for worlds at least.

lbc2138

On the Ice
According to this tweet Han Yan has a swelling in his knee from the injury at nationals and got a CT scan. Poor kid, hope he's okay for 4cc, and if not, for worlds at least.

Noooooo... this has been such a rough season for him. :(

I was looking forward to him improving and was liking his new programs this year...