Team China | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Team China

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
What a nice appreciation from you! Boyang really proved himself today. While it is also a very demanding job to improve elements other than jumps, nowadays it is a big advantage for a skater with big jumps, so I think he can grow much from now. And we now have a fan fest for Boyang. :) :cheer:
Well, I had to say something nice when he skates like that. I criticized him a lot at the start of the year. But he improved. And he proved his layout wasn't just a "paper tiger"--he's actually capable of skating it clean. :shocked:

Bringing the topic back to Team China as a whole... who is going to Worlds in Shanghai? Pairs are pretty much confirmed, I'm not that interested in dance TBH :slink: But for singles, it'll be Han Yan and Zijun... but there's a second spot for both, right?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Well, I had to say something nice when he skates like that. I criticized him a lot at the start of the year. But he improved. And he proved his layout wasn't just a "paper tiger"--he's actually capable of skating it clean. :shocked:

Bringing the topic back to Team China as a whole... who is going to Worlds in Shanghai? Pairs are pretty much confirmed, I'm not that interested in dance TBH :slink: But for singles, it'll be Han Yan and Zijun... but there's a second spot for both, right?

The World entry is confirmed; Song Nan will be joining to the World team along with Yan Han. Boyang is listed as a substitute although he is a 2 time national champ. Song didn't seem to fully recovered from injuries given his relatively poor performances at Universiade, so I doubt they could increase their world spot to 3 for the next season.

As for ladies, the world spot is only one, so Zijun will be there. I hope she can increase the world spot this time.

For pairs, you would know the entry well; Sui/Han, Pang/Tong, Peng/Zhang.

China has only one spot for ice dance; Shiyue Wang/Xinyu Liu will be there for World. They are a very attractive couple.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Thank you. Any chance they could change it now? I have nothing against Song Nan, but Boyang has made a very strong case for the World team this year. And if he and Han Yan both skate well, there's a small chance for three spots. They're unlikely to get it with Song Nan, as you said, unless a miracle happens.

Ouch, I just remembered that Zijun had such a disappointing performance last year. Hopefully she can place Top 10 this year. Her 4CC performances give me hope.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Really happy for boyang. It was incredible to deliver on that kind of content. I can really see he's making an effort on the second mark. Is his TES a record in juniors?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
ouch, I guess, China wont have 3 spots now, if Song goes instead of Boyang....
they made the same mistake at 2013 season, if they send Han, China will have 2 spots, so that Han and Song can both go to OG...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've heard that once a decision made, the Chinese fed has a tendency to stick to it firmly even if it could be a dumb choice. Therefore, I'm not 100% positive about the entrant change for Worlds. If Song Nan is not healthy enough, Boyang could be replaced for his spot. I just hope that the fed makes a wise choice by sending Boyang to proceed his momentum for World though.

Zijin did a decent job at 4CC last year, so she could be a bronze medalist but her lack of stamina didn't get her to achieve more at Olympics and Worlds. I think she has a good shot for increasing the World spot given her performances at 4CC this year.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, it must suck to be Boyang, reigning National champion, JW silver medallist, and no spot at home Worlds. (Yes, yes, it's happening to Y/J too... but Song Nan is not P/T.)

On the other hand, Boyang must be exhausted at this point. JGPs have been going on for a looong time. Better for him to rest and prepare for his senior debut.

Then again, Nam went to senior Worlds last year, and he's had quite the debut season.

Meoima

Match Penalty
And to be honest Song Nan also deserves some spot to be at WC. He has been through a lot as well.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, it must suck to be Boyang, reigning National champion, JW silver medallist, and no spot at home Worlds. (Yes, yes, it's happening to Y/J too... but Song Nan is not P/T.)

On the other hand, Boyang must be exhausted at this point. JGPs have been going on for a looong time. Better for him to rest and prepare for his senior debut.

Then again, Nam went to senior Worlds last year, and he's had quite the debut season.

I don't get how the politicking for song nan is still working. He's totally uncompetitive, and hasn't he been out all season with injury? Hopefully this strong showing at jr. worlds will convince the chinese fed otherwise.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I stumbled across this fluff piece on Shen/Zhao. Imo, it's really worth watching, to see how difficult the journey was for them. It's incredible how much they achieved. I hope they'll make some sort of appearance at Worlds. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I stumbled across this fluff piece on Shen/Zhao. Imo, it's really worth watching, to see how difficult the journey was for them. It's incredible how much they achieved. I hope they'll make some sort of appearance at Worlds. :)
On FS universe they're joking if Pang Tong didn't go to WC, Chinese fed would send Shen/Zhao. :laugh2:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats to team china for a great wc, especially the pa I rs! P/T, S/H, and P/Z all killed it. And yay to han and zijun for getting 2 spots each :)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Just dropping by to say how much I loved Song Nan's performace at WTT. It was really beautiful and I'm glad he ended the season on a high note. :cheer: Good job to the rest of Team China as well! :clap:.

:cheer2: for Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu as well! Their performace at the WC gala was gorgeous and they really stood out to me. Really happy to see them enjoying themselves at WTT~

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
After seeing the test skates thus far, I can safely say the Chinese pairs have the best choreography...

shiroKJ

Record Breaker
Okay..Han Yan, Zijun, P/Z, S/H(of course), Y/J and W/L just WD from Chinese Nationals? :scratch2: Uh.....is this normal? :shocked:

@HanYanFanVan
Han Yan withdraws from China National Competition this weekends.
@HanYanFanVan
S/H P/Z Y/J, He Zhang, Zijun Li, W/L(ice dance) also WD from the competition.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Okay..Han Yan, Zijun, P/Z, S/H(of course), Y/J and W/L just WD from Chinese Nationals? :scratch2: Uh.....is this normal? :shocked:

The system is quite different from any other country's nationals. China has 4 nationals (with various names) in a year, and skaters are allowed to skip one or two of them. So no need to worry about the top skaters skipping the nationals. :)

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Record Breaker
Oh okay, good :laugh: Thanks for the info everyone. I was thinking possible pandemic flu or a rebellion. Either way, not good lol :scard7: