Nam Nguyen | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Nam Nguyen

tzazu

Medalist
Maybe next year, he only has to add it to the program and gain some consistency, sure he will work on it this summer :dance2: .

Good Luck at Nats Nam!!!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Please stay healthy and spicy! Good luck at Nationals Nam :cheer:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Wishing all the best for Nam in Canadian Nationals. He tweeted that he is "SO FIRED UP" for that competition and that "IT IS TIME TO FIGHT" (in all caps :yes:). Glad to know that he is not backing down in defending his title against Patrick, etc. This Nationals may be a watershed competition for the Canadian men leading to the Olympics in Pyeongchang.

LRK

Record Breaker
I wouldn't expect Nam to back down - he comes across to me as a very determined young man.:)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I put him at @ #1 in predictions from Can nationals
& I regret nothing!:yay:

LRK

Record Breaker

Thanks! Interesting that Nam is going back to his old short program:

"Nguyen's focus at nationals is on his skating and choreography. After finishing seventh in November's Cup of Russia, Nam and his coaches made the decision to go back to his old short program.

"The other short program I had was too serious and it was almost the same as my free program in terms of intensity level and the way it was built," said Nguyen. "I'm enjoying going back to my short program because the mood is lighter and I'm having more fun with it." "

I didn't have the problem with his SP that others seemed to have, but I didn't love it the way I did last year's - so I'm certainly happy to see the old one back; especially if it helps Nam in any way. It's a good thing to try new things - sometimes they work; sometimes they don't, but I'm sure he still learned something from the experience.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
new article about Nam and his father, his parents seems like very strong people and raised their son as a strong person too! and he grew about 4 inch more since spring, must be really hard to adjust when you are keep growing, its good to hear there are friends around him to cheer him up on his bad days, stay strong and dont give up Nam! :cheer:

btw he did really well at his LP practice, couldnt see 1st 2 jumping passes but rest was clean including 2 3A! and he looks more mature, spins needs work though

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Wishing a better skate for Nam at the FP so we can see him at Worlds together with his rivals (when they were all in juniors) Shoma and Boyang. Maybe Nathan too with two quads in his SP and three in his FP. [SIZE]. Nam can do it, although it appears Patrick has put the title beyond reach with the latter's sublime SP. Go Nam!

Also amazed at, like his good friend Polina, how tall Nam now is. Hoping he'll get past his "growing pains" soon.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
very upset for Nam but i actually cant argue with the score, he was very slow yesterday and cautious, awesome StSq though, i love it! :love: it must be so hard to adjust (or not being able to adjust) your new body when you are constantly growing but he is mentally strong, i am sure he will pull through, here is his SP
i believe he will move up , good luck Nam! :cheer:

Edit: and i love his new fancy costume! perks of having costume designer as your sponsor :biggrin:

Last edited:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I am still trying to process that by finishing off the podium at CN, Nam probably won't be at Worlds in Boston with his training mates and former rivals in the junior ranks. :( While it is hard for us his fans, I know it must be even harder for Nam. Still he is a plucky kid who has shown himself capable of bouncing back (won Junior Worlds after placing 12th the season before) so I have faith that he will overcome this setback. Just continue working hard Nam, specially on your speed and flow across the ice, and the results will eventually come.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm sure Nam will work through whatever is going on now - growing pains? - and he'll be back.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
For sure, this is a tough time...growing and body changes hit everyone hard. -But he's always been a hard worker and a fighter. So I hope he isn't too hard on himself but will let those around him encourage him for next time.

liv

Record Breaker
When you grow, what 4-6 inches in a short time? that's a lot... He's 5'10" now, or so the newspaper said. Even his face has matured greatly, I noticed a big change this weekend. Anyway, there have been many taller skaters who have done well, Kulik, Lysacek, Plushenko... it's just he was so good while small/young that suddenly getting bigger has a big impact right now. It's hard now, but only time will help him adjust and he will, he's too good and too much of a competitor to let it get him down too long.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
He's up to 5'10" now? Wow. No wonder he's struggling a bit. I agree that he just needs time to get comfortable with all the changes his body is going through.

And I too noticed the change in his face -- he's maturing into quite a good-looking fellow. And just wait until those braces come off!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I also feel a bit down about Nam's results at nationals, but he is such a hard working and talented boy so I'm sure he'll come back stronger :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
he was already 5'7 as a junior ...so if he grew 4 inches... well... he must be a giant bean ;) a giant spicy bean. I think this is not really a setback for him. He can start working on the next season right away and take his time to adjust his new body. He will come back strong!