Nam Nguyen | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Nam Nguyen

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Thanks:). Yeah, I saw him live at Kanazawa FaOI in Japan at the end of June. My impression was his sharply increasing height! He seemed to have a bit of trouble about jumps at that time. I hope he quickly recovers his consistency.

I hope so too but I don't want to heap any pressure on him, he just finished his first full season as a senior so he must have been exhausted after, he attempted a 3A at SoI but fell really badly, when I saw him after the show he was laughing about it with a friend so he was in good spirits at least, everything else was fine. I have a friend who trained with him when he was a little kid, she said she was so surprised at how tall he grew because both his parents are only ~160cm

ahhhh, how i wish i could go but unfortunately i cant , i hope you can go and share it with us! there is gonna be live stream according to a user so i am hoping to watch online (if i dont fall asleep cause its gonna be middle of the night here XD) :cheer:

I won't be able to go all 4 days I don't think, the seniors will be skating on the weekends, senior ladies are at like 9:10am in the morning x_x

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I won't be able to go all 4 days I don't think, the seniors will be skating on the weekends, senior ladies are at like 9:10am in the morning x_x
dont miss the opportunity to watch her live and when she becomes olympic champion (i can dream, right? :p) you can say " i watched her live before it was cool" :biggrin: just kidding haha, she might be at later groups though, so wont be that early i guess :D

Krunchii

Record Breaker
dont miss the opportunity to watch her live and when she becomes olympic champion (i can dream, right? :p) you can say " i watched her live before it was cool" :biggrin: just kidding haha, she might be at later groups though, so wont be that early i guess :D

According to the skating order she's in the middle ish but I'm afraid it'll be rude of me to arrive late haha, and hey you never know, Nam could be future Olympic Champion too

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Look! Nam's insta..
Yesterday, yuzuru's opened practice was held at criket. At that time got magazine from Japanese media. nam made it last year and is popular in japan. He's delighted with his article. Sweet!:)
https://instagram.com/p/6D3LMBIKY-/

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
According to the skating order she's in the middle ish but I'm afraid it'll be rude of me to arrive late haha, and hey you never know, Nam could be future Olympic Champion too
all the more reasons to go! (i ll stop now cause i feel i am being pushy :biggrin:)

Look! Nam's insta..
Yesterday, yuzuru's opened practice was held at criket. At that time got magazine from Japanese media. nam made it last year and is popular in japan. He's delighted with his article. Sweet!:)
https://instagram.com/p/6D3LMBIKY-/
very sweet of them!

yyyskate

Record Breaker

I love this phrase:yes::biggrin::p

robredo40

On the Ice
This guy will be olympic champion in 2018 already predicting it , this guy with Orser will finally break the curse.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
From a Tornhill Summer Skate thread:

The program looks very promising :)

Thank you so much for the link! The program indeed looks very promising and it's nice to see him challenging himself with the 4T in the SP. Hoping that is gets consistent enough to get some podium finishes at the GP Circuit, and who knows? He could even sneak into the final :clap:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i actually like his SP from last season more, music had many nuances and choreography was matched to it, not that i dont like this program, hopefully it will help him grow artistically :cheer:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
first view I kinda like Nam's new SP. quite different from last year, transitions(entry and ride out) all checked. Interpretation/musicality need to see it in future comps.
BTW i saw flashes of Yuzuru. are I the only one:biggrin:
There is a martial art like jump move. Yuzuru did it before in his R&J no.2

Last edited:

Lys

Match Penalty
Have to say that his sp yesterday left me quite lukewarm, his free program today felt like it has more potential.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Nam's performance at ICE Champions, i liked it, and glad he is showing more maturity this year :clap: i hope he has fun EX numbers though since his competition programs are serious :biggrin:
i cant wait to see Nam-Adian and Petrov rivalry this season, last season Nam was ahead but Adian improved a lot since Europeans! its gonna be as exciting as watching "top guys" :cheer: maybe we should create a thread for youngsters as well, i think it would be more fun to discuss them without bringing overscoring and all :biggrin:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Nam's performance at ICE Champions, i liked it, and glad he is showing more maturity this year :clap: i hope he has fun EX numbers though since his competition programs are serious :biggrin:
i cant wait to see Nam-Adian and Petrov rivalry this season, last season Nam was ahead but Adian improved a lot since Europeans! its gonna be as exciting as watching "top guys" :cheer: maybe we should create a thread for youngsters as well, i think it would be more fun to discuss them without bringing overscoring and all :biggrin:

Wow! You can clearly see his maturity developing, as well as his skating skills, too bad about the 4T but the rest of the jumps seemed good to me. Go Nam! :cheer2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I would be very happy to discuss the youngsters as long as it stays civil...so why not try it?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
some of you may already know but Nam has youtube channel now! there are only 2 videos for now, one is introduction and other one is his trip for ICE Champions ice show, there isnt much in the video though, but i liked the rain drop's "sound wave effect" on plane window, he shows promise :laugh: i hope we get to see other skaters and backstage footage like Shibutanis, and i hope he wont let it distract him from school or skating (i know he wont :biggrin:)