US teams for 2015 Worlds and 4CCs | Golden Skate

US teams for 2015 Worlds and 4CCs

FSGMT

Record Breaker
(I didn't read the whole 80 pages of the Ladies FS team, so if the answer is there feel free to delete this thread)
When will the teams be announced? I'm especially excited about the girls, of course, about what they'll do with Sam/Polina/Karen :popcorn:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The top skaters usually skip it if it's held in Asia... I think it's bad for themselves and the sport that they do so...

In 2011 the top 3 Ladies at Nationals went to 4CC in Tapei. In 2013 only Ashley of the top 3 finishers at Nationals didn't go to Japan 4CC because she needed the rest after a hard year and injury at GPF. So unless someone from the top 3 don't want to go for whatever reason it will probably be Ashley, Gracie and Polina.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
The top skaters usually skip it if it's held in Asia... I think it's bad for themselves and the sport that they do so...

I think it depends on who is sent. Giving other skaters a chance to compete, gain experience, maybe get on season's best list, etc, is not always a bad thing. For instance after the poor showing at NHK, if Josh does not make the world's team, sending him to 4Cs could help him get on the season's best list, and be in a much better position for next season. I don't think that would be bad for the sport for him to go to 4Cs over skaters who are going to world's. I think as long as you have the depth to send different skaters, there is no harm in using a variety of tactics when assigning spots.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not surprising that the top 3 Senior Ladies are going to 4CC. Ashley has momentum Gracie needs one more competition before Worlds and Polina wants to keep improve also.

jagragold

On the Ice
LADIES
2015 World Championships
Polina Edmunds
Gracie Gold
Ashley Wagner

Alternate 1 - Samantha Cesario
Alternate 2 - Courtney Hicks
Alternate 3 - Mirai Nagasu

2015 Four Continents Championships
Polina Edmunds
Gracie Gold
Ashley Wagner

Alternate 1 - Samantha Cesario
Alternate 2 - Mariah Bell
Alternate 3 - Courtney Hicks

2015 World Junior Championships
Karen Chen
Tyler Pierce

Alternate 1 - Bradie Tennell
Alternate 2 - Hannah Miller
Alternate 3 - Leah Keiser

PAIRS
2015 World Championships
Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier
Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim

Alternate 1 - Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea
Alternate 2 - Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage
Alternate 3 - Jessica Noelle Calalang and Zack Sidhu

Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea

Alternate 1 - Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage
Alternate 2 - Jessica Noelle Calalang and Zack Sidhu
Alternate 3 - DeeDee Leng and Simon Shnapir

Caitlin Field and Ernie Utah Stevens
Chelsea Liu and Brian Johnson

Alternate 1 - Olivia Allan and Austin Hale
Alternate 2 - Lindsay Weinstein and Jacob Simon

ICE DANCE
2015 World Championships
Madison Chock and Evan Bates
Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue
Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani

Alternate 1 - Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker
Alternate 2 - Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus
Alternate 3 - Alexandra Aldridge and Daniel Eaton

Madison Chock and Evan Bates
Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker
Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani

Alternate 1 - Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue
Alternate 2 - Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus
Alternate 3 - Alexandra Aldridge and Daniel Eaton

Lorraine McNamara and Quinn Carpenter
Rachel Parsons and Michael Parsons
Elliana Pogrebinsky and Alex Benoit

Alternate 1 - Holly Moore and Daniel Klaber
Alternate 2 - Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko
Alternate 3 - Emily Day and Kevin Leahy

Marta25

Medalist
Wow, H/B got one of the 4cc spots. I`m happy for them that they get another possibility to show their programmes infront of international judges. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow, H/B got one of the 4cc spots. I`m happy for them that they get another possibility to show their programmes infront of international judges. :)

I was also surprised/happy to see this though I feel a little bad for H/D if they wanted to go. They also need more opportunities in front of international judges still, I feel. Oh well. The heartbreak of having many great teams :p

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was also surprised/happy to see this though I feel a little bad for H/D if they wanted to go. They also need more opportunities in front of international judges still, I feel. Oh well. The heartbreak of having many great teams :p

The fact that H/D were passed over for the 4CC Team should be setting off alarm bells in their minds.

The only clearer signal they could get that they need to raise their game would be if USFSA told them on the Jumbotron.

noidont

Final Flight
Weird to pass Mariah Bell a JWC spot but list Hannah Miller as an alternate. Pierce is not as talented as Bell.
H/B no doubt should have gotten bronze here. H/D's talent level is not there. This will be their only trip to Worlds this quad it would seem.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm glad Pierce is going. She doesn't have a ton of international experience. I think if she skates the way she did here, she will improve on her ranking from last year.

cocofeliz

Rinkside
Weird to pass Mariah Bell a JWC spot but list Hannah Miller as an alternate. Pierce is not as talented as Bell.
H/B no doubt should have gotten bronze here. H/D's talent level is not there. This will be their only trip to Worlds this quad it would seem.

The bronze for Hubbel and Donohue was well deserved and we have to give them chance to improve even more next year. They have been struggling with injuries and their season this year was delayed due to lack of training way into the fall. People forget that they were the 4CC winners last year and beat even Gilles/Poirier there. I think without the injury, they really would have challenged the Shibutanis for the silver medal here. Let's give them some time. I am personally torn myself because I liked the clean/smooth/fast performance of Hawayek and Baker but let's please let the teams prove themselves on their own instead of predicting their demise so early.....

creaturelover

On the Ice
The fact that H/D were passed over for the 4CC Team should be setting off alarm bells in their minds.

The only clearer signal they could get that they need to raise their game would be if USFSA told them on the Jumbotron.

?? But...

Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea

They weren't passes over for 4CC

Last edited: