2015 European Videos and Results with Discussion | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 European Videos and Results with Discussion

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't remember everything he said, but Johnny called Maxim's FS "creepy." :laugh:

edit - just remembered he also said Maxim reminds him of Lysacek. :laugh2:

Ouch! (I actually think he has a point, though Lysacek never had a skate that messy that I can recall).

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ouch! (I actually think he has a point, though Lysacek never had a skate that messy that I can recall).

I think he mostly compared Kovtun to Lysacek by saying they were both very tall. He didn't mention much else when comparing the two. Evan had some sketchy technique on some of his jumps, but I don't remember him ever jumping with his back the way Maxim does. Overall the commentary was pretty snarky, they only really had nice things to say about Liza and Elena. Everyone else it was like - messy, sloppy, boring, random, blah!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he mostly compared Kovtun to Lysacek by saying they were both very tall. He didn't mention much else when comparing the two. Evan had some sketchy technique on some of his jumps, but I don't remember him ever jumping with his back the way Maxim does. Overall the commentary was pretty snarky, they only really had nice things to say about Liza and Elena. Everyone else it was like - messy, sloppy, boring, random, blah!

He said something about the program being choppy, not "liquid" or something like that. I took the comment as comparing it to Evan who, according to Johnny, skated the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fo74J_HRaHQ#t=202

Last edited:

Matilda

Medalist

There wasn't much to praise in the men's competition, tbh. Javi deserved to win, but the competition was a mess. Luckily Liza and Elena showed the guys how to compete! :)