Warm-Up Group 4
11 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA
12 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA
13 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS
14 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS

Entries

No. Name Nation
1 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT
SP C'est pas l'amour by Rupa and the April Fishes; Zydeko by Benoit Jutras; choreo by Mark Pillay

2 Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV BLR
SP Corpse Bride soundtrack; choreo by Maria Paliakova

3 Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL
SP Flamenco; choreo by Ina Lutai

4 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA
SP Moulin Rouge soundtrack

5 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT GER
SP Music by John Miles; choreo by Paul Boll

6 Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER
SP Waltz from "Petersburg's Secrets" (soundtrack) by Andrei Petrov; choreo by Mark Pillay

7 Amani FANCY / Christopher BOYADJI GBR
SP La Vie en Rose by Louis Armstrong; choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn

8 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / Hamish GAMAN GBR
SP All I Ask of You (from "Phantom of the Opera") by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Julie Marcotte

9 Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA
SP Un Giorno Per Noi (from "Romeo and Juliet") by Nino Rota; choreo by Nicoletta Lunghi, Raffaella Cazzaniga

10 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA
SP Cinderella by Sergei Prokofiev; choreo by Paola Mezzadri

11 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA
SP Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona; choreo by Massimo Scali

12 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS
SP Méditation from “Thaïs” by Jules Massenet; choreo by Peter Tchernyshev

13 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS
SP Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (soundtrack) by Tan Dun, House of Flying Daggers (soundtrack); choreo by Alla Kapranova

14 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS
SP Sarabande Suite (Aeternae) by Globus; choreo by Alla Kapranova and Maxim Trankov

Live Results will be here
http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2015/SEG005.HTM

Last edited by a moderator:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had no idea that Caitlin Yankowskas, for US Pair Champ, is now skating for Britain.

Best of luck to her. I hope her team does well.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Best of luck to her. I hope her team does well.

It doesn't. In my honest opinion, she's Emily Samuelson of skating pairs :( Her partner is much less talented than she and they definitely lack in choreography. She was 6th in the world, skating for U.S. and last season she finished behind Kemp/King. :hopelessness:

alebi

Medalist
This competition is going to be the less interesting in terms of technical content. Pairs in Europe are really suffering for Chinese, Canadian and now also US level. I hope Kavaguti/Smirnov will succeed in their quad attempt and Stolbova/Klimov and Tarasova/Morozov skate beautiful. The rest of the field will need to be perfectly clean if they want to be remembered :eek:hwell: (I'm a bit acid today, sorry :laugh: )

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Looking forward to the Pairs short. I really hope K/S deliver a strong performance, it would be great to see them at the top of the podium, although I am a fan of S/K as well. It's hard to look beyond a Russian 1-2-3.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Pairs in Europe are really suffering for Chinese, Canadian and now also US level.

Chinese - maybe, Canadian - 3 Russian pairs are suffering maybe only for 1 Canadian pair, if this Canadian pair is absolutely clean, U.S. - which U.S. pair? Unstable Denney/Frazier or boring and still deficient technically Scimeca/Knierim? K/S are probably artistically most mature and complex pair in the world, S/K have perfect execution, and are unbelievably consistent (however I'm a fan neither of them nor of their choreography), T/M have really well scored short program and if they will be clean it should be enough to keep them on the podium, even if they'll spoil their junior-level (sorry, fans) FS. Every other pair is losing so much to them and they have to be utterly clean to stay even close with mistakes of the Russians.

None of my favourites today... :( As much as I love pair skating, I'm a bit discouraged.

alebi

Medalist
Chinese - maybe, Canadian - 3 Russian pairs are suffering maybe only for 1 Canadian pair, if this Canadian pair is absolutely clean, U.S. - which U.S. pair? Unstable Denney/Frazier or boring and still deficient technically Scimeca/Knierim? K/S are probably artistically most mature and complex pair in the world, S/K have perfect execution, and are unbelievably consistent (however I'm a fan neither of them nor of their choreography), T/M have really well scored short program and if they will be clean it should be enough to keep them on the podium, even if they'll spoil their junior-level (sorry, fans) FS. Every other pair is losing so much to them and they have to be utterly clean to stay even close with mistakes of the Russians.

None of my favourites today... :( As much as I love pair skating, I'm a bit discouraged.

I was talking about pairs' level in Europe, in fact I used a generic "pairs", I didn't said (and will never say) Russian pairs are suffering. In fact I put all my hopes in the Russian to make this event at least memorable, because the rest of the field right now is below the average level in US, China and Canada.
I'm a bit discouraged too but this can also mean that, since we're expecting a poor show, we can only be favourably surprised if something unexpected happens.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I was talking about pairs' level in Europe, in fact I used a generic "pairs", I didn't said (and will never say) Russian pairs are suffering. In fact I put all my hopes in the Russian to make this event at least memorable, because the rest of the field right now is below the average level in US, China and Canada.

OK, I can see and totally agree in that sense. Such a pity that Polish skating pair still doesn't compete (unless they've split already) because there would be a chance to compete with some skaters at their level. Well, maybe they need more time.
I really hope it will be the pleasant surprise :) And that James/Cipres will skate a good, clean performance and at least come close to the podium (Vanessa has such a lovely smile - these two are one of skaters I like because of their personality rather than their skating).

alebi

Medalist
OK, I can see and totally agree in that sense. Such a pity that Polish skating pair still doesn't compete (unless they've split already) because there would be a chance to compete with some skaters at their level. Well, maybe they need more time.
I really hope it will be the pleasant surprise :) And that James/Cipres will skate a good, clean performance and at least come close to the podium (Vanessa has such a lovely smile - these two are one of skaters I like because of their personality rather than their skating).

In figure skating Europe and Russia can be considered two different things ;)
Last year there were the Israeli and Estonian pairs who were very promising but for different reasons they're not competing anymore and it's such a pity because you expect to see improvements while at the end you see nothing at all. And the European level desperately need more promising couples. I think we have to wait for Aliona and Bruno to rise the top level and in the meanwhile waiting for James/Cipres and Marchei/Hotarek to be more consistent (I think they are the only two couples who can try to finish in a top 10 world standing).

With all the respect, expecting a safe top10 finish for Ziegler/Kiefer and Vartmann/Van Cleave is not so encouraging..

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Tiny off-topic, as about pairs FS - do you think S/K found a Swedish version of Notre Dame de Paris? :biggrin:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I think we have to wait for Aliona and Bruno to rise the top level and in the meanwhile waiting for James/Cipres and Marchei/Hotarek to be more consistent (I think they are the only two couples who can try to finish in a top 10 world standing).

Apparently yes... Maybe also Della Monica/Guarise are able to do this. The current state looks (for me) like this: 3 pairs that surely would be on the top, 2-3 who may come close and the rest :(

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
Apparently yes... Maybe also Della Monica/Guarise are able to do this. The current state looks (for me) like: 3 pairs that surely would be on the top, 2-3 who may come close and the whole rest :(

Honestly I don't see where Della Monica/Guarise can improve. In skating skills, yes, but not in the jump's layout for example. They can be a good-looking pair but not a top one. Enough for this European level anyway.

There will be two competitions: the one for the podium between Russians, the one for position 4-6 between France and Italy. It will be a hard time for Germany but since I don't know their second team at all, I hope they'll be the pleasant surprise I'm waiting for!

Kinga

Medalist
There will be two competitions: the one for the podium between Russians, the one for position 4-6 between France and Italy. It will be a hard time for Germany but since I don't know their second team at all, I hope they'll be the pleasant surprise I'm waiting for!

I do not think it is written in stone that Tarasova/Morozov will podium. Yes, they have a great technical content, but if they bomb (which is not impossible), there is not that much left in their skating (esp in the LP). This leaves the door open for French pair, provided that they found their form from previous seasons. Otherwise, I pretty much agree that the field is rather weak.

alebi

Medalist
I do not think it is written in stone that Tarasova/Morozov will podium. Yes, they have a great technical content, but if they bomb (which is not impossible), there is not that much left in their skating (esp in the LP). This leaves the door open for French pair, provided that they found their form from previous seasons. Otherwise, I pretty much agree that the field is rather weak.

Oh well... anyone can bomb :) Even Yuko and Sasha have skated bad during GPF

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker

Unless one of the Russian pairs fails, the Italian and the French are be clean, there is a small chance for them, I suppose. Still, yes, I believe there will be 2 competitons, as you are predicting.
Unfortunately, I have to agree about DM/G - however, in this competition they are definitely one of better pairs.
About German pairs -uhhh, really tough time. Savchenko/Szolkowy - half retired and split, Wende/Wende - retired, Proells/Blommaert split... Minerva's 15 years old, in Toruń they earned about 42 points in SP. Partners to rivalry with Paliakova/Bochkov, Makarova/Kenchadze or Cernuschi/Ambrosini. Very slow on the ice, however sometimes she's able to land her throws quite well. Their lifts are not so bad, too. OK, their lifts might have been wonderful if they were more polished (considering that they have been pair for only a year they still have some time).

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am actually really disappointed there are only 14 teams :/ Pairs in Europe (other than in Russia) are in kind of a sad state.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker

Well, let's say that PB for SP of J/C and T/M is pretty close and PB of French team for FS is even higher. But they have to be consistent. K/S lost to T/M at Nationals. T/M look like new judges' sweetheart - as much as they seem to be nice promising skaters, I don't believe their SP deserved 67 points in its current shape. Let alone FS. T/M have biiiig elements and if they executed the program cleanly (like at Nationals) judges will award this effort. Sorry for these words, I like them a lot, but their position of the moment seems so exaggerated and overscored - as if the Russian Federation NEEDED the 3rd good pair. And here we are! B/D are dissapointing, A/R too young as a team and don' have such elements (particularly all types of lifts) as T/M, Z/L can't compete yet, D/E are dissapointing, too.
But I wish them all the best :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
haven't seen it posted here:
Italian stream - not the best quality but should work for people with weaker internet connection:
http://hostingtv.org/RaiSport_1.php.html

Thank you. The more streams we know about, the better!

Just a wee reminder that the European Championships will continue in about 50 minutes with the Pairs Short.

I'm going to do like yesterday and watch the official TV4 streaming link with Hola. (And have the Sportbox link open in another window as backup for whenever ads come on!)

For those that won't be watching this way, day.to has 2 links for the skating.

Here are the links:

Russian livestream 1 (currently showing Universiade Cross Country)

Russian livestream 2 (currently showing Universiade Cross Country)

Fortunately, all versions of Eurosport will be showing the Pairs SP IN IT'S ENTIRITY!!! :cheer:

Here are some links for when it does:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

British Eurosport 2 livestream

However, at the same time, ESP1 International will be showing LIVE Universiade ski jumping. As I want to see the ski jumping, and British ESP is not showing it LIVE (they are showing a repeat of this morning's tennis), I will be watching the ski jumping on the computer this afternoon instead of the skating on the TV.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
I thought this was now for some reason :laugh: Not sure what to do with my extra hour!