2015 Europeans Ladies Short Program Jan 29 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Ladies Short Program Jan 29

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
@os168, you know I look forward to you being here for the short. I adore your comments :laugh: Will you be on GS for the whole thing?

Lipea

Final Flight
I AM SO EXCITED! Please, Mama Liza (since Ashley is Grannie...) please show them all you can! A sausage jumping in the skies above everyone and landing beautifully and enjoying herself :cheer2: There are so many people who wish you to win this title!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Geez, that's a lot of skaters! Seeing as how I'd have to wake up at 5am to catch the whole competition, I think I'll just time it so I can watch the last 3 groups...

Yeah I am really torn about which groups to watch... on the one hand is IS very nice to see some of the lesser known skaters here, there tend to be some real gems... on the other, 5am is so ugly... so ugly...

Lipea

Final Flight
Russian 1, 2, 3? I'd say 88% chance.
Actually over 90% already, since Korpi cannot do 3-3. Meite has 5% :popcorn:

Come on Liza, even Ashely YES I CAN@T BELIEVE Grannie ASHLEY managed to pull out TWO miraculous geriatric 3lz3t!! That is a proper champion like attitude. It is time for you to upgrade, or get my hate! I love you darling, but you are making it very difficult for me to support you.
Give her more time. Right now I think she would rather do 3axel than 3lz3t. It caused her too much trouble last season. She needs time to forget about it.

Mediocrity done consistently and pretend it is anything other than mediocre.
Well, consistency is a great quality that shows true athletic abilities and true extremely hard work. Even mediocre consistency is something deserving a lot of appreciation. Therefore "consistent mediocre" are more respectable than "just mediocre".

Although I am totally supporting Anna!!!!
I definitely cheering for Anna too!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

In the predictions thread, I have predicted that we will not see a Russian sweep of the podium in ladies! Maybe my list will not be 100% accurate during final results, but I'm still calling no Russian sweep. ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Urgh this event is going to be so predictable... otherwise known as Russian boosting time for WC or let's Eurotrash the Americans and the rest of the world... because WE CAN!!!

Someone plz proof me wrong!!! Please no more ridiculous 3T3T hitting 70s+ in the short.

Come on Liza, even Ashely YES I CAN@T BELIEVE Grannie ASHLEY managed to pull out TWO miraculous geriatric 3lz3t!! That is a proper champion like attitude. It is time for you to upgrade, or get my hate! I love you darling, but you are making it very difficult for me to support you.

Things I really DISLIKE in this sport are:
Overmarking
Federation buffered PCS
Over hype
Skaters downgrade their programs (tech content / transition movements) to make it easier without affecting their PCS, relying on reputation from previous results that has nothing to do with what went on the ice ON THE DAY.
Over thinking on calculated risks.
Political motivated judging.

European Championships has traditionally had the worst over marking in history. I am kind of dreading it....

Although I am totally supporting Anna!!!!

Well the throne of overmarking now belongs to Italy and the USA.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Starting Order

StN. Name Nation
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Niki WORIES
NED
2 Julia SAUTER
ROU
3 Dasa GRM
SLO
4 Pernille SORENSEN
DEN
5 Micol CRISTINI
ITA
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA
LTU
7 Netta SCHREIBER
ISR
8 Ivett TOTH
HUN
9 Karly ROBERTSON
GBR
10 Janina MAKEENKA
BLR
Warm-Up Group 3
11 Eveline BRUNNER
SUI
12 Camilla GJERSEM
NOR
13 Agata KRYGER
POL
14 Gerli LIINAMÄE
EST
15 Fleur MAXWELL
LUX
Warm-Up Group 4
16 Helery HÄLVIN
EST
17 Daniela STOEVA
BUL
18 Birce ATABEY
TUR
19 Nicole SCHOTT
GER
20 Kerstin FRANK
AUT
Warm-Up Group 5
21 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
GEO
22 Anastasia GALUSTYAN
ARM
23 Sonia LAFUENTE
ESP
24 Angelina KUCHVALSKA
LAT
25 Giada RUSSO
ITA
26 Eliska BREZINOVA
CZE
Warm-Up Group 6
27 Nicole RAJICOVA
SVK
28 Roberta RODEGHIERO
ITA
29 Laurine LECAVELIER
FRA
30 Nathalie WEINZIERL
GER
31 Kiira KORPI
FIN
32 Natalia POPOVA
UKR
Warm-Up Group 7
33 Anna POGORILAYA
RUS
34 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
RUS
35 Joshi HELGESSON
SWE
36 Mae Berenice MEITE
FRA
37 Elena RADIONOVA
RUS
38 Viktoria HELGESSON
SWE

How did they do that draw? How did they manage to get the two Swedish ladies into the final group. What are the odds? So bizarre. Perhaps skating in Europe is weak but both Joshi and Viktoria in the final flight. That is extreme luck or something. Surely Popova ot Elene g should have been a head. and got a better draw. This is so weird.

LRK

Record Breaker
I wonder why there is so much objection to a Russian sweep? Is it because it is a sweep - or is it because it is a Russian sweep? Would people regard a sweep by another country as quite so... repugnant? Just curious...

MalAssada

Medalist
I wonder why there is so much objection to a Russian sweep? Is it because it is a sweep - or is it because it is a Russian sweep? Would people regard a sweep by another country as quite so... repugnant? Just curious...

:points:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Is this from another thread somewhere? I read back through the 2 pages of this topic and didn't see any objections to a Russian sweep (aside from my "predictions game" reference), although I can't imagine you are referring to me as feeling "repugnant" to the thought of Russian ladies dominating the international events? :laugh:

Also, in the predictions game, I am predicting a Russian sweep in Pairs.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I love me some mediocrity done consistently. That's why I love Nam Nguyen. :yes:

Surely you're not saying Liza's 3T-3T, 3Lz, or 2A are anywhere close to 'mediocre'?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I don't object to one at all...in fact, in the ladies' discipline, in this competition, I can't imagine a scenario where you can argue for any of the other ladies being superior unless someone (Anna, I guess :hopelessness:) severely implodes.

Also - it's early, but here's the link to watch the ladies' competition on Sweden's fabulous TV4 (first time I've ever been able to stream without any freezing issues whatsoever, and picture quality is great):

http://www.tv4play.se/program/konståkning?video_id=3047802

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
I love me some mediocrity done consistently. That's why I love Nam Nguyen. :yes:

Surely you're not saying Liza's 3T-3T, 3Lz, or 2A are anywhere close to 'mediocre'?

Liza's jumps are THE best out of current ladies. Her Lutz is the best lutz in the world and her 2axel is the most beautifully consistent! :party:
Sooo high, light, fully rotated, clear-edged - bravo Mishin for discovering a true talent and developing it!
And such a beauty too: http://instagram.com/p/yEVjUPhhgg/?modal=true

Alba

Record Breaker

No objection at all here. I'm hoping for a Russian sweep indeed. :biggrin: But to answer your question my guess is the one you mentioned, and I put in bold. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker

I give credit to Wagner for trying, but are you really saying that she should flutz and U, or double foot? Will you be OK with Wagner's national inflation scores like, or you will be still singing: The russian are trashing because they can?

Are you really saying that Wagner's tech is better than Liza's, or any of the Russian top girls for that matter?

Yes the Russian can because when clean they are that good and should beat anybody in this competition. Period.

Last edited:

jkun

Final Flight
I'd say it's almost guaranteed there will be a Russian sweep. Without Kostner there's really no one in the European field to stop them.

jkun

Final Flight
I give credit to Wagner for trying, but are you really saying that she should flutz and U, or double foot? Will you be OK with Wagner's national inflation scores like, or you will be still singing: The russian are trashing because they can?

Are you really saying that Wagner's tech is better than Liza's, or any of the Russian top girls for that matter?

I'm not sure what you mean by "tech". If you mean technique, then I would say that her technique is not as good as Liza's which is why she has a lot of trouble getting those 3-3s up to standard. However, if you mean overall technical content, Wagner's new arsenal (if she is capable of producing it again) is equal to Elena's and surpasses what Liza has shown in her programs. We all know Liza is capable of more. I think os168 is just asking her to be gutsy and bring out the 3Lz-3T.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'd be perfectly content if Ashley delivers all her tech content and wins Worlds, but since she isn't at this particular competition, I see no reason for the bitterness about a Russian sweep or Liza doing 3T-3T.