2015 Europeans Ladies Short Program Jan 29 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Ladies Short Program Jan 29

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
When I looked at the entries, I agree it will be highly unlikely that a non-Russian lady would be on the podium. I though if Finland sent Jenni Saarinen, she would have a better chance.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what you mean by "tech". If you mean technique, then I would say that her technique is not as good as Liza's which is why she has a lot of trouble getting those 3-3s up to standard. However, if you mean overall technical content, Wagner's new arsenal (if she is capable of producing it again) is equal to Elena's and surpasses what Liza has shown in her programs. We all know Liza is capable of more. I think os168 is just asking her to be gutsy and bring out the 3Lz-3T.

I meant technical content. It goes without saying that Liza's has way better technique.
However, I do not agree with you on the technical content as well. Wagner's "new" tech. content isn't new really. She did a flutz, and perhaps even double footed the second jump? Some were complaining she U's also, but I'm going with her here. She went for it and she was gutsy, yes, but she was not good in that aspect.

Mind you, I'm not that obsessed with the fluz and lip thing, but apparently here in this forum the majority are. Especially, when a russian does flutz, at least. So a bit of coherence wouldn't hurt. ;)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I have a question off the topic: how tall is Radionova? Her profile is still 5'1" (1.55m), and Yulia Lip is 5'3" (1.60m), so as Anna. But at the Russian Nationals Radionova looked taller than Yulia. If little Elena is taller 1.60m now, I would say her growth spurt has been handled very well.

Alba

Record Breaker
I have a question off the topic: how tall is Radionova? Her profile is still 5'1" (1.55m), and Yulia Lip is 5'3" (1.60m), so as Anna. But at the Russian Nationals Radionova looked taller than Yulia. If little Elena is taller 1.60m now, I would say her growth spurt has been handled very well.

I saw both Yulia and Elena at TEB and I was very close to them. Elena is no way 5 cm shorter than Yulia. I think they are about the same height, but somehow Elena looked a bit taller. Don't know why.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Okay if I'm gonna get up to do this I better all it a night. See ya all bright and early...

CutieP

On the Ice

We've just recently been discussing this at lenght in here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?40010-Elena-Radionova&p=1085281

And Jenni Saarinen was far behind Kiira at Finnish Nationals, that's why Kiira was chosen (and rightly so). Kiira has huge PCS scores, so I don't think Jenni would be a bigger threat.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Well the throne of overmarking now belongs to Italy and the USA.
I'm afraid the throne of overmarking is forever welded into the Olympic Ice Rink of Sochi.

-) If they all skate clean, it will be a russian sweep. I'm fine with whatever result, as long as it's the correct and deserved result. (for instance: Sochi: Gold: Kostner; Silver: Kim; Bronze: Sotnikova)

-) About the Ashley Wagner debate: Did you (who calls her 3Lz3T e and 2-footed) watch her Free Skate? When I first saw her go for the 3Lz in her SP at Nationals, I was already rolling my eyes, thinking "why?!? she'll ALWAYS get an e call internationally!" but she seems to have improved her takeoff technique so that it can legitimately be called a proper Lz. The 3Lz3T in her free skate was perfect, no 2-footed landing either)
Same with Peter Liebers yesterday, he used to always get the e call on his Flip in the past, but this time, he deservedly didn't! I was thrilled to see he seems to have really worked on taking off differently. :)
So there is still hope for the elderly to get their technique sorted! ;)

Last edited:

Florentina

On the Ice
Well I would take a great 3T-3T over a mediocre 3Lz-3T any day. That is I rather watch Liza do a high quality 3T-3T than Ashley's 3Lz-3T, even the improved version she showed at Nationals. This is not to say that I don't find it impressive that she dares to up her tech content. But even with improved take off and no two-foot, the combination she did really wasn't that spectacular. Nothing made me go wow from a tech point of view. Not the height, not the distance covered. What does make one go wow is that Ashley doesn't get tired of fighting her way up and trying stuff that is new to her.

NOW back to the topic! I'm excited but wow this will be many short programs. I'm happy I'm not a judge. It must be awfully hard to concentrate on all these ladies and what they do on the ice.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that the European Championships will continue in about 5 minutes with the Ladies Short.

I'm going to do like yesterday and watch the official TV4 streaming link with Hola. (And have the Sportbox link open in another window as backup for whenever ads come on!)

For those that won't be watching this way, day.to has 2 links for the skating.

Here are the links:

Spanish livestream (currently showing basketball)

Russian livestream (currently leading in to coverage)

Unfortunately, Eurosport's coverage does not start until 15:00 CET (14:00 GMT).

Here are some links for when it does:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

British Eurosport 2 livestream

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With ladies SP :)

Yeah, I copied last night's post to get the links in the thread as early as possible, and then did all the editing after it was posted.

So, it just shows how on the ball you are today that you got in while I was still editing! ;) :biggrin:

Can't wait for this to get underway!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh lord, here we go. 5am here and I'll be honest, so far I'd have to say deciding to get up at this hour was not worth it...