2015 Europeans Free Dance, Jan. 29 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Free Dance, Jan. 29

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was going well for me until Phantom of the Opera came out of nowhere, like a musical sucker punch.

The one lift was really cool, kind of like G/P's amazing Hitchcock lift.

tulosai

Record Breaker
:think: I don't know why people think I/Z got a bad draw, they skate right before P/C, that would be better for them IMO. Since they don't have to feel pressure of a really good skate before them.

I mean skating directly after P/C might be worse in a way, but ideally they'd have skated after C/L (in any position as long as after C/L) to have some space left for them instead of the other way around.

I believe Elena has also said she dislikes going first.

elif

Medalist
So much two foot skating in step sequences. We will see If judges will award level3 steps like candly like yesterday. They got one in SD. :disapp:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
the phaaaaaaaaaaaantoooom of the oppppeeeeera issssssssssss

You dissapointed me. Didn't see that before? :laugh:

It wasn't bad. Solid technical score. They have to do something with a last lift because they made a mistake again (like at Nationals, but smaller here). Two first lifts were amazing, definitely that's their good side. So they stay at 14th place probably :biggrin: It's the biggest succes of Polish ice dancers for - if I remember correctly - 11 years :party2:

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I missed Monko/Khaliavin. I can see their score was 90.95. Seasons best of Nazarova/Nikitin is 90.28 which is almost the same. I don't really understand technique in ice dancing but are these couples really on the same level??

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nazarova looks so young!!!

Last night she looked a LOT younger than her 18 years.

Tonight, she looks a bit nearer her actual age... but not much!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
For pure unadulterated entertainment value N/N are my favorite so far. Loved that!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
That was going well for me until Phantom of the Opera came out of nowhere, like a musical sucker punch.

I suppose it is Phantom of the opera on ice by Danova. For some reason, Polish figure skaters love it :p Last season it was the FS of Klatka/Chruściński.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
OMG Zhulin's students use the same music in their FD like Medvedeva use in her FP. Her FP was choreographed by Zhulin...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I missed Monko/Khaliavin. I can see their score was 90.95. Seasons best of Nazarova/Nikitin is 90.28 which is almost the same. I don't really understand technique in ice dancing but are these couples really on the same level??

Scoring is much more generous at Challenger events. So, this comparison is not fair. Technically they're not even close.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Scoring is much more generous at Challenger events. So, this comparison is not fair. Technically they're not even close.

And they got this 90 points at Golden Spin of Zagreb. The same competition that Guignard/Fabbri got 100.06 :slink:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hmm...looks like Muse became popular in FS music choices as POTO or Carmen...:D

And weirdly I started wondering what Tessa and Scott would do with Muse...