2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Ladies Free Skate is at Noon, Central European Time, Jan. 31

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 19 49.20
LP Tough Lover (from "Burlesque" soundtrack) , Express (from "Burlesque" soundtrack), Show Me How You Burlesque (from "Burlesque" soundtrack; choreo by Nikolai Morozov

2 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP 20 48.53
LP Winter (from "Four Seasons") by Antonio Vivaldi, Invierno Porteno by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by David Wilson and Jeffrey Buttle

3 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 21 47.40
LP The Thirteenth Warrior by Jerry Goldsmith; choreo by Salome Brunner

4 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 23 45.01
LP Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Marina Selitskaia

5 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 22 46.82
LP Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Kaja Hanevold, Michael Huth

6 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 24 44.46
LP Abba Medley; coach Tiiu Valgemäe

Warm-Up Group 2

7 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 13 51.58
LP Marimuz, Love Dance, Marimuz; choreo by Line Haddad

8 Natalia POPOVA UKR 18 49.21
LP La Bayadere by Leon Minkus; choreo by Nina Petrenko

9 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 14 51.36
LP Ora by Ludovico Einaudi, DNA by Ludovico Einaudi, Nightbook by Ludovico Einaudi; choreo by Maria Borobieva, Igor Lukanin

10 Kerstin FRANK AUT 16 50.74
LP Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss; choreo by Andrea Gilardi, Yuka Sato

11 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 15 50.80
LP Chicago soundtrack; choreo by Francesca Cotogni, Stephane Lambiel

12 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT17 49.28
LP El Tango de Roxanne (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), Love Theme (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Nino Rota; choreo by Jekaterina Ostrovskaya

Warm-Up Group 3

13 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM 12 51.78
LP Mouse Hunt soundtrack; choreo by Michael Zobnin

14 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 7 55.84
LP Conquest of Spaces by Woodkid, Shadows by Woodkid, Run Boy Run by Woodkid; choreo by Sandra Garde, Laurie May, Robin Cousins

15 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK 8 53.78
LP Anna Karenina (soundtrack); choreo by Nikolai Morozov

16 Nicole SCHOTT GER 9 52.03
LP Time For Us (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Nino Rota; choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn

17 Eveline BRUNNER SUI 10 52.00
LP Duke's Place by Ella Fitzgerald; choreo by Sasha Kirichenko, Kinsun Chan, Sandra Schär

18 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA11 51.79
LP Evita soundtrack by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by B. Melica, M. Scali, J. Marcotte, C. Gordani

Warm-Up Group 4

19 Anna POGORILAYA RUS 3 66.10
LP The Firebird Ballet Suite by Igor Stravinski; choreo by Sergei Verbillo

20 Kiira KORPI FIN 4 60.60
LP Violin Concerto in D minor, op. 47 by Jean Sibelius; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Jeffrey Buttle

21 Elena RADIONOVA RUS 1 70.46
LP Piano Concerto No. 3 by Sergei Rachmaninov, Trio Elegiaque No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Ilia Averbukh and Elena Maslennikova

22 Viktoria HELGESSON SWE 5 60.37
LP Sunset Boulevard (soundtrack) by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Catarina Lindgren

23 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS2 69.02
LP Batwannis Beek by The REG Project, Sandstorm by La Bionda; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva

24 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 6 59.55
LP Snow White and the Huntsmen (soundtrack); choreo by Catarina Lindgren

Protocols will be here:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2015/ec2015_Ladies_LP_Scores.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Choreographed by Violin Concerto! :laugh:

I posted that Liza was a good drummer today and no one caught it before I switched it to *Jumper* :laugh:

marcolee925

Rinkside
Poor Elene G has gone from skating in the final group at an Olympics in 2006 with Slutskaya, Arakawa and Cohen to skating in the first group at a European Championships. Yes she is actually only 10 points out of the final group but overall this is rather sad.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Good order for Liza, IMO. Skating second to last, and Joshi (last skater) doesn't seem to be much of a threat to the top contenders. Unless Kiira can pull off a miracle on ice, or one of the Russian girls has an epic meltdown, this seems highly likely to be a Russian sweep, as expected. (Although, I predicted there won't be a Russian sweep, so it will be really interesting if that ends up being the case somehow...)

Not sure if Anna's order is good or bad...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Good order for Liza, IMO. Skating second to last, and Joshi (last skater) doesn't seem to be much of a threat to the top contenders. Unless Kiira can pull off a miracle on ice, or one of the Russian girls has an epic meltdown, this seems highly likely to be a Russian sweep, as expected. (Although, I predicted there won't be a Russian sweep, so it will be really interesting if that ends up being the case somehow...)

Not sure if Anna's order is good or bad...

I think it is also a good order for Anna given her meltdown after Ashley's FS showing at GPF. She can solely focus on her performance itself without caring the other big contenders' scores and placements. I love her firebird, so I expect her good and clean performance today. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Poor Elene G has gone from skating in the final group at an Olympics in 2006 with Slutskaya, Arakawa and Cohen to skating in the first group at a European Championships. Yes she is actually only 10 points out of the final group but overall this is rather sad.

I was thinking that too. I always had a sympathy for that girl and she was good. I was expecting more from her, at least at Euros. :scowl:

tulosai

Record Breaker
If I am understanding right this starts at 6am EST????? That might be too early for me on a Saturday... but I do so love Elene G... last group and all.

tulosai

Record Breaker

I was thinking that too. I always had a sympathy for that girl and she was good. I was expecting more from her, at least at Euros. :scowl:

Yeah Elene is a heartbreaker for me. I really think she is one of the most beautiful and expressive skaters I've ever seen, but she has never once been able to truly pull it together in competition. I think it has been a combination of things, some of which she probably had control over and others which she truly didn't. I have well and truly given up at this point and honestly do not understand why she doesn't retire (I am not saying she should, that's her choice, and in fact I prefer that he doesn't since I enjoy watching her skate) but I truly don't understand why she doesn't). She's 25 not and not going to get any better, unfortunately. The last group at Euros and the odd GP assignment complete with 9th place finish are the best she has left to hope for. And I actually say this as a fan.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
If I am understanding right this starts at 6am EST????? That might be too early for me on a Saturday... but I do so love Elene G... last group and all.

Yes, that's right. Last group goes out for warm-up at 14:58 local time, or about 9am EST.

Too early?? You have to be here! What's live GoldenSkate commentary without a little tulosai? :biggrin:

As a reminder, Eurosport still does not list any live Ladies FS coverage. Could change later on, but I doubt it...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
As a reminder, Eurosport still does not list any live Ladies FS coverage. Could change later on, but I doubt it...
Well, I like them, but I only need them when I'm trying to get through 30 paso's in ice dance. ;) Ladies will be fine commentary-less.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, I like them, but I only need them when I'm trying to get through 30 paso's in ice dance. ;) Ladies will be fine commentary-less.

But it's so much more fun with the Eurosport crew... and it's the only HD feed I have for Europeans this year. The next best thing is IceNetwork... :slink:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, that's right. Last group goes out for warm-up at 14:58 local time, or about 9am EST.

Too early?? You have to be here! What's live GoldenSkate commentary without a little tulosai? :biggrin:

How sweet of you to say, thanks! I will try...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I already stocked up days ago for this -- Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso & Chilled Coffee Drinks!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
YES. 6 a.m. PST!! For the last group. Totally hooking up the computer. Haven't been able to watch a lot of live streaming this week. It's a date, y'all.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
6AM, I usually wake up at 7AM on weekdays, wondering if I should just skip the first two groups and then watch the final 2, I'm only interested in a couple skaters towards the end

I can't wait to see Kiira, I love her music choices this season

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
EC might be the absolute worst event time-wise for Americans (at least, it is for me 9-9)

DexterK

On the Ice
Yeah Elene is a heartbreaker for me. I really think she is one of the most beautiful and expressive skaters I've ever seen, but she has never once been able to truly pull it together in competition. I think it has been a combination of things, some of which she probably had control over and others which she truly didn't. I have well and truly given up at this point and honestly do not understand why she doesn't retire (I am not saying she should, that's her choice, and in fact I prefer that he doesn't since I enjoy watching her skate) but I truly don't understand why she doesn't). She's 25 not and not going to get any better, unfortunately. The last group at Euros and the odd GP assignment complete with 9th place finish are the best she has left to hope for. And I actually say this as a fan.

Very well said. I agree. I don't understand the reasoning behind her continuing to pursue skating when she is now 25, seems to be regressing in terms of results, and is lacking in competitive technical content. The only reason I can assume she continues is because she is basically gifted a slot/slots at Euros and on the GP annually- she would never see those opportunities if she skated for a competitive country...that is a whole other discussion perhaps as I have been so very disappointed with the technical content of so many of the competitors in the ladies' short program at Euros.

I too say this as a fan of Elene.