2015 Four Continents Short Dance Feb 12 Seoul Time | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Short Dance Feb 12 Seoul Time

bramweld

Record Breaker
Agreed. The Shibs for a while were the Disney, cute bro-sis team, and it's hard to shake that off and be treated as serious skaters. Upping their difficulty this season is a testament to how hungry they are. If anything were right with the world, the Shibs would be a strong medal contender at Worlds, but unfortunately it seems they're slated for 5th or 6th.

Anything can happen in the free dance. At worlds if they continue to work like this they will be a force to be reckoned with. And if I may say so it was about time.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Anything can happen in the free dance. At worlds if they continue to work like this they will be a force to be reckoned with. And if I may say so it was about time.

They won't with their current free dance.

I'm getting to a certain level of frustration with the Shibs. How many mediocre FDs are going to be foisted upon them before they take their career in their own hands and GET A NEW CHOREOGRAPHER? You can't polish a tu--well, I'm sure you know the saying.

bramweld

Record Breaker
They won't with their current free dance.

I'm getting to a certain level of frustration with the Shibs. How many mediocre FDs are going to be foisted upon them before they take their career in their own hands and GET A NEW CHOREOGRAPHER? You can't polish a tu--well, I'm sure you know the saying.

Well from what I saw of their FD run through it does look more polished. The thing is it is WIDE OPEN, which the judges may have a problem with, it is looking very elegant, but you are right the choreography is nothing to talk about. Its like Marina only invested that in S/K's choreo this year. Well one can only hope that this whole competition, this whole season, shakes them up to demand more of Marina.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm just happy with the fact that Shibs are currently in 2nd place ahead of their compatriots.

slider11

Medalist
I'm not referencing all elements of the PCS. Certainly items such as skating skills and choreography are based on the keenly trained eye of a judge who identifies strong skating and the complexity of well structured dance. There is some subjectivity but that may be based on the judge's taste. But something like interpretation does hold more subjectivity. And, for me, it speaks to how well a couple can translate the beauty and message of the dance to its audience. Now, I guess, some can say that the only audience a judge should care about it is the judge in his/her own head. If it pleases the judge, it gets good marks. But I would hope that a judge might consider that there is an audience here that hopefully this couple is relating to. I find world class skaters to be able to reach that audience - not just the judges. I'm not referring to purely nationalistic chants like we heard in Sochi. But we all know when the crowd is "in" to performance and how by sight and sound the arena is engulfed in the performance. And I hope that judges recognize that, good or bad, and, in turn, reflect that in their interpretation mark.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oops, I misread the results due to fatigue. I thought they finally got out of the almost-fixed 2nd position in the US.
the sad point is the Shibs don't have a stellar FD. IF they want to win they will have to attack every element like hell. C/B can still get higher PCS.

Alba

Record Breaker
What I've seen today and at the European, I think that Papadakis/Cizeron starts to get a chance for World. Their only problem, they are the only team where no Russian interest )not even Russian coaches) included, and it is a strong maffia. All the other rivals has the Russian connection....

You are being paranoid. :rolleye: