2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

chairmanmao

Final Flight
This is the second time this season I was hoping to finally see a flawless version of Denis's SP but I was disappointed again. There where so many long shots that I got distracted by the background. Worst though where the half-body shots, the most irritating of them all was the half upper body shots when Joshua Farris was doing his bloody step sequence. These amateurs seriously need to take lessons from American and Japanese camerawork.I don't recall any bad camerawork from these guys ever.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
are there any video of press conference?? i want to hear satoko speak english :eek::

Sabrina

Record Breaker
This is the second time this season I was hoping to finally see a flawless version of Denis's SP but I was disappointed again. There where so many long shots that I got distracted by the background. Worst though where the half-body shots, the most irritating of them all was the half upper body shots when Joshua Farris was doing his bloody step sequence. These amateurs seriously need to take lessons from American and Japanese camerawork.I don't recall any bad camerawork from these guys ever.

yes camera filming/live editing was atrocious. I've never seen a competition filmed in this way. My son would do a better job:mad:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thank you Sabine!:clap::clap::clap: I barely managed to keep my eyes open for the dance. I was so curious to find out if W/P manage to win, after that "disastrous" SD.
So I had no chance to wake up for the girls. :points:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Here is one example why I'm watermarking now:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODkyNzIwNjMy.html

Dozens of my recordings are re-upped on Youku here. I suspect all the Men's SP came from me, but now I know for a fact that they are using my videos since all the Ladies SP's have my name watermarked all over them... ;) But, I guess I can cut the Chinese a break, since YouTube is blocked in mainland China...

Just think it's funny they grabbed the videos off my channel, and threw even more watermarks of their own on them. :drama:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Dozens of my recordings are re-upped on Youku here. I suspect all the Men's SP came from me, but now I know for a fact that they are using my videos since all the Ladies SP's have my name watermarked all over them... ;) But, I guess I can cut the Chinese a break, since YouTube is blocked in mainland China...

Just think it's funny they grabbed the videos off my channel, and threw even more watermarks of their own on them. :drama:

Juuuust crazy. But thank you so much for uploading the Eurosport vids. I'm eagerly waiting for the men's SP....please, please, please. :bow:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Juuuust crazy. But thank you so much for uploading the Eurosport vids. I'm eagerly waiting for the men's SP....please, please, please. :bow:

Whenever Eurosport gets around to airing it... and last I looked, they only have 105 minutes scheduled for highlights tomorrow. Maybe we'll see the top 5 skaters?

At least Jackie Wong from the Examiner is doing it right when it comes to video sharing:

http://www.examiner.com/article/201...eos-play-by-play-results-ladies-short-program

andromache

Record Breaker

First of all, thank you so much for the work you do on your videos.

Second, are there any particular YouTube users you can name who are taking your videos? I view yours a lot when you post the links here, but sometimes I just search on YouTube, and especially when I share videos, I would like to be sure I am not sharing videos from someone who is simply re-uploading yours.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
First of all, thank you so much for the work you do on your videos.

Second, are there any particular YouTube users you can name who are taking your videos? I view yours a lot when you post the links here, but sometimes I just search on YouTube, and especially when I share videos, I would like to be sure I am not sharing videos from someone who is simply re-uploading yours.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I do not like being confrontational about things like this, so I'd rather not call out anyone by name right now -- especially since I just started watermarking some of my videos last night, making it very difficult to 'prove' that a previously unmarked recording originated from me. One particular YouTube user I've been keeping an eye on has since stopped posting videos similar to mine since I began watermarking.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, I appreciate that. I do not like being confrontational about things like this, so I'd rather not call out anyone by name right now -- especially since I just started watermarking some of my videos last night, making it very difficult to 'prove' that a previously unmarked recording originated from me. One particular YouTube user I've been keeping an eye on has since stopped posting videos similar to mine since I began watermarking.

Yes, Sabinfire, please let us know so we can continue to do the right thing by the user who gives us so many wonderful videos!:bow: Your hard work is appreciated.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Overall, it hasn't been that large of a problem. I don't go out scouring the internet as a detective... and I've only seen a few cases where I truly believed someone was just grabbing my videos and re-uploading them. It has become a more noticeable issue during 4CC's, since I am posting videos in real-time during the events, and often they are the first videos to become widely available on the internet -- so the videos tend to get shared, and re-shared, and end up all over the place...

aftertherain

Record Breaker

That's hilarious! But where are the additional watermarks? All I see are (what I presume) the characters for "youku" in Chinese?