2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
My thanks again, I spent the most wonderful afternoon watching the men's competition with your uploads. :love:
And what a brilliant competition it was!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
did anyone watch BESP broadcasting?? i missed it :cry: who did they show??

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Here is one example why I'm watermarking now:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODkyNzIwNjMy.html

Dozens of my recordings are re-upped on Youku here. I suspect all the Men's SP came from me, but now I know for a fact that they are using my videos since all the Ladies SP's have my name watermarked all over them... ;) But, I guess I can cut the Chinese a break, since YouTube is blocked in mainland China...

Just think it's funny they grabbed the videos off my channel, and threw even more watermarks of their own on them. :drama:

I find it obscene that someone would do this! And to think I've been annoyed when people have lifted my thread ideas on one site and then taken them to another claiming them as their own! That's small potatoes compared to your situation. I value good manners online
. Ask permission, give credit wherever it applies and maintain a sense of humour, I guess. You're doing it all well and I, like so many others here, appreciate your efforts!

MalAssada

Medalist
Overall, it hasn't been that large of a problem. I don't go out scouring the internet as a detective... and I've only seen a few cases where I truly believed someone was just grabbing my videos and re-uploading them. It has become a more noticeable issue during 4CC's, since I am posting videos in real-time during the events, and often they are the first videos to become widely available on the internet -- so the videos tend to get shared, and re-shared, and end up all over the place...

I wish there was something more effective we could do. I doubt they would stop copying your videos even with a more distinct watermark (yours tend to disappear because of the color, which is a nice touch), and looking for your videos all over the web is impossible :disapp: Thank you very much for your hard work :bow: I'm sorry others are just taking the result of your dedication and puting their names on it.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Yes, that additional watermark on the Youku video are the two characters for Youku, and I think they just appear on any video on that website.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It took me until *now* to realize that B.Esp. refers to "British Eurosport" and NOT "B. Espana/Espanol/some other variant".

:rofl::rofl::rofl: