2015 Four Continents Free Dance Feb 13 Seoul time | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Free Dance Feb 13 Seoul time

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I enjoyed what I saw of that. :) I'm no ice dancing judge so no idea what the score will be.

I HATE the camera work though. NBC is supposedly airing FC so please yell at them. This is ridiculous with the close ups at the wrong times. :p What the heck at a close up during a twizzle???

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc were lovely, as always (at least in my opinion :love:). This program just transports me. I think (hope?) they'll do better with the waltz as the Short Dance next year.

Score: 91.67. I think that's a SB?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
How many times do these guys need reminding to stay seated in the K&C until the camera leaves them?? :laugh2:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've seen this POTO before. I remember because I was soooo unhappy at it being POTO....

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I guess he's trying to look more 'manly' for the paso, and looking boyish is fine for R&J.

Anywho, go bb go! :cheer:

OK. This will probably go over most of your heads, but I have to say it.

Will you PLEASE stop referring to Romeo and Juliet as "R&J". Because every time I see "R&J", I think "Richard and Judy"!!!

(Richard Madely and Judy Finnegan are husband and wife English TV presenters, best known for presenting weekday magazine show "This Morning" on ITV).

CaroLiza_fan

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Aww, they're happy. So, what is the range of scores you usually see in an international dance comp? Where do we expect H/B to land?

4th awkward sit-back-down :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
How many times do these guys need reminding to stay seated in the K&C until the camera leaves them?? :laugh2:

Krylova apparently has Many Pressing Appointments. Oy. They pay you Good Money, woman. Sit long enough so they can have their moment. Oy veh!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Some of those lifts are actually VERY cool from the Korean team. I also think in the first twizzle they are intentionally going up and down which I don't know if I've seen before and looked very cool. Otherwise it doesn't do much for me.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

Will you PLEASE stop referring to Romeo and Juliet as "R&J". Because every time I see "R&J", I think "Richard and Judy"!!!

(Richard Madely and Judy Finnegan are husband and wife English TV presenters, best known for presenting weekday magazine show "This Morning" on ITV).

CaroLiza_fan

Yes, ma'am :hopelessness: :laugh:

I HATE the camera work though. NBC is supposedly airing FC so please yell at them. This is ridiculous with the close ups at the wrong times. :p What the heck at a close up during a twizzle???

Will NBC be using the same recording? I agree with you, it reminded me of the stupid camera man that filmed the VHS to Riverdance (the stage show, not Jason's FS)

firal

Record Breaker
watching the CBC stream but is it borrowing the stream from the Chinese channel? The commentator is speaking Chinese...

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I liked them. I assume they're gonna be the South Korean ice dancers for 2018??? I know from previous articles they're looking to make a pairs team for that, so I think they're trying for a full complement for the team competition. Is he Russian originally? I'd guess that.

She's pretty emotive. <3 First time I've seen them.

I'm gonna amend my "there was a rumor that if you skate to Moulin Rouge you get an extra point" to include POTO. :laugh:

rosacotton

Final Flight

CaroLiza_fan

Learn something new everyday. Thank you, CaroLiza_fan! I admit grew up with Romeo and Juliet as "R&J" referring to Prokfiev's ballet; so when I hear I skater's performing to Romeo and Juliet, I expect to hear the ballet score, and end up confused when its not!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, ma'am :hopelessness: :laugh:

"Sir", please! :laugh:

(In case anybody hasn't worked it out, this post and the previous one were intended to be funny! It's just sometimes hard to get that across when typing! ;) :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Krylova apparently has Many Pressing Appointments. Oy. They pay you Good Money, woman. Sit long enough so they can have their moment. Oy veh!

Getting Weaver/Poje ready for their FD is probably the Pressing Appointment to which Krylova was eager to proceed.

And I'm sure that Hawayek/Baker would like to support their good friends W/P in every way -- and had no problem with Krylova's behavior.

Virtue/Moir always were very gracious about encouraging Zoueva to feel free to take her leave of them in the K and C in order to join Davis/White -- and were very gracious about wishing her (and D/W) good luck as she made her exit.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Will NBC be using the same recording? I agree with you, it reminded me of the stupid camera man that filmed the VHS to Riverdance (the stage show, not Jason's FS)

NBC doesn't have any of their own cameras recording this, so they will have to pick from the footage that is being recorded here. There are other angles they might be able to choose over what's being aired live, but we're likely to see the same thing on NBC next weekend as we are right now...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
"Sir", please! :laugh:

(In case anybody hasn't worked it out, this post and the previous one were intended to be funny! It's just sometimes hard to get that across when typing! ;) :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

Whoops! Sorry again. I always associate posters with their avatar pictures, and that's gotten me in trouble before. :laugh2:

(Don't worry, I'm being funny, too)