The "Wishes" Thread - 4CC 2015 Edition | Golden Skate

The "Wishes" Thread - 4CC 2015 Edition

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Since I made a thread about Dream Podiums/Wishes at Europeans, it's only fair to have one for Four Continents as well. It may not have the history or prestige of Europeans, but in recent years it's become even more competitive in some disciplines.

My Dream Podiums/Wishes:

Men: 1. Joshua Farris 2. Han Yan 3. Takahito Mura (So many guys I'm rooting for, so it's difficult to choose... but I feel that Josh and Han Yan need the momentum most. As for Mura, I've come to like him as a skater, despite not liking his programs; I'd like to see him have strong skates here and at Worlds).

Ladies: 1. Rika Hongo 2. Zijun Li 3. SoYoun Park (I also like Satoko Miyahara, but Zijun and SoYoun seriously need the boost after a rough season).

Pairs: Chinese sweep of Pang/Tong, Sui/Han, Peng/Zhang. :love: If Sui/Han can land a clean 4S throw, that'll be a bonus.

Ice Dance: Not a lot of interest here, except I want Weaver/Poje to win.

Less realistic than my Europeans wishes (which mainly came true :)).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My one wish: Better skating from the men, regardless of the outcome. :biggrin:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yeah, two main wishes:
1) a good competition from the boys, without mistake after mistake all-competition long
2) a great battle for gold in Ice Dancing!!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Men:
1. Han Yan
2. Denis Ten (Love his LP, so much potential :hopelessness:)
3. Misha Ge/Dai Murakami/Adam Rippon :biggrin:

Ladies:
1.Zijun Li
2.Gracie Gold

Pairs:
For P/T to grab Gold :popcorn:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some vague and general hopes from me...

Men. I want Josh Farris to win. I had rooted for him at US Nats, and he did really well. A win here would provide excellent cred on way to WC.

Ladies. No real dream pick here. I suppose I'd like to see Gracie skate well... sort of complete the recovery type of thing.

Pairs. I really want S/K to land that quad again and make the podium because I think it will send a message to US team that technical risks can be rewarded.

Dance. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Shibs continued their improvements and broke into the Top 2? It would disrupt the narrative that's been developing all season about C/B and W/P duking it out for top of the podium.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Wish:

1) Shoma Uno to win
2) Adam Rippon to land quad lutz
3) Joshua Farris to land 4T
4) Jason to try quad :hb:
5 )Denis Ten to skate LP at least reasonably cleaner than in TEB
6 ) Nam Nguyen to try quad in SP

randomfan

Record Breaker
1. Good skating from all male competitors.

2. Gracie, So Youn and Zijun on the podium in any order.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Totally in my dreams podium:

1. Adam Rippon
2. Misha Ge
3. Michael Christian Martinez

Ladies: not a huge fan of anyone here, but I guess Rika, Polina, and...???

Pairs:

1. Sui/Han
2. Pang/Tong
3. either D/R or P/Z as there are things I like and dislike about both

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Dance. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Shibs continued their improvements and broke into the Top 2? It would disrupt the narrative that's been developing all season about C/B and W/P duking it out for top of the podium.

would be wonderful indeed
for men i want veterans to make podium in any order : adam and misha (he might be one of the biggest surprise of this season) and han yan cause he needs some positivity in his life after COC
for ladies satoko and so youn to make podium and gain more confidence :love:
for pairs, chinese sweep but i wouldnt mind if duhamel and radford is on podium also :biggrin:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
This might be a long shot, but Jeremy Ten on the podium! I think he still plans on this being his last season, so it would be nice for him to get a medal here... I know he's going to Worlds but he's pretty much out of the running for a medal there.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Honestly, I tend to put my wishful thinking into the prediction games on rather who ''realistically'' would win medals though. :laugh:
My prediction on the ladies' event at GPF 2014-15 was the only perfect match among the participants and was so thrilling results for me.

However, I can't decide who comes first ahead of who in this events.

Men: no splats please
1. Denis TEN (please please clean FP)
2. Han YAN :hopelessness: (wake up man!)
3. Adam RIPPON /Takahito MURA /Shoma UNO / (hard to decide......)

Ladies:
1. Gracie GOLD (seriously, she needs to win this, otherwise you're losing your game in the Worlds)
2. Satoko MIYAHARA (like the programs)
3. Polina Edmunds/ Zijun Li / So Youn Park / Rika Hongo (hard to decide..)

Paris: Pang/Tong winning the title and Chinese sweeping the podium!

Ice Dance: 1. Shibutanis, the rest is..whatever (i wish D/H in the US 4CC team)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
1. Good competition in singles (no splatfest and a fight 'til the end of free skate)
2. Maia and Alex in 2nd place with a good FD performance and levels all in their place (I'm writing performance,because this is another crap for them from Marina and there's no chance for them to win with it anywhere, unfortunately...)
3. Satoko Miyahara for win - I'm a fan, simple
4. Shoma Uno for win - same as above
5. Good competition and medal for Sui/Han
6. Great comeback for Quin Pang and Jian Tong

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Ladies:
Satoko to slay!!! Her LP is by far the best program any lady has this season, and since she isn't getting the PCS she deserves, she will have to take them by force - aka with reputation. I also want So-Youn and Zijun to skate two clean programs and make it to the podium. So:
1. Satoko
2. So-Youn
3. Zijun

Men:
Actually, it would be Jason, Joshua and Yan on the podium. I don't care that much about the order... but with Joshua and Yan, I'm a little frightened they could end up having great skates here and then not having enough left to really shine at worlds. But in my perfect dream world, they'll just rock both competitions! :biggrin:
1. Jason/Joshua
2. Jason/Joshua
3. Yan
I also hope the japanese men will do great though. And Misha!

Ice Dance:
W/P to deliver and win this in a convincing fashion. They're to die for when they're really on :love: Also, I want the ShibSibs to come in second. I like C/B just fine, but I like S/S a little more.
1. W/P
2. S/S
3. C/B

Pairs:
Chinese sweep with Pang/Tong actually looking healthy, happy to skate and as beautiful as only they can.
1.) P/T
2.) S/H
3.) P/Z
Although D/R are obviously good too. I'm not going to be angry when they kick one of those couples of the podium (though please not P/T!).

andromache

Record Breaker
I want Pang/Tong to medal here. I don't know much about what condition they're in, but I'd love to see them prove all of their doubters wrong. They might be behind a few of the other pairs technically, but they're so ahead artistically....

Like many others have said, I want Josh to win! As unlikely as it would be, but Men's is so unpredictable with this competition. It would be a great opportunity to put him into one of the final groups for Worlds, and I'd love to see more beautiful skating from him. Although I'm from the US I don't tend to be biased for US skaters, but I really like Josh, Adam, and Jason and would like to see all three skate well (but I'm hoping for Josh the most!) I'd also like to see Denis Ten get it together here, but he doesn't need the boost as badly as others do for Worlds.

For the ladies, Gold is probably the favorite to win, and I think it'll be a letdown for her and her fans if she skates poorly here. I hope she skates well, but I'm hoping for lights-out skating from Rika Hongo and So-Youn Park the most.

jkun

Final Flight
If Gracie does not win gold at this competition, it will be a huge letdown for her. Probably better that she not compete if she does not win gold here. She needs two strong skates. I hope So Youn can have another break-out international performance here and finish on the podium. Not really a fan of Satoko with her tiny jumps. I'm hoping for the podium to consist of Gracie, Polina, and So Youn

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Honestly, I don't think Gracie is an odds-on favourite. Satoko and Rika have been more consistent and just as convincing over the season. The judges do seem to prefer clean Gold, but that's never happened and her mistake-margin is heavily dependent on the tech panel.

I think Rika stands a good chance if she'd take out the 3F-3T(<) and 3Lz(e) from her FS. I know she'll need these jumps to be competitive long-term, and she probably wants to get them out in competition so she can improve. But for the biggest competitions, it might be better to do the layout that would score the best. She can continue working on those tech issues on the off-season/during the GP next year.