2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

GF2445

Record Breaker
Music from An American in Paris, From Russia with Love and Chess on the menu.

Why is the world is Nicky Minaj being played on warmup.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
To be fair, D/F gets the levels -- including level 4 twist with some regularity. And I believe K/O have missed levels in the past, that's something John Coughlin noted during nationals.

The difference was primarily in TES, not PCS.

Last edited:

salchowx4

On the Ice
Ok, finished the recording of the ladies on Ice Network and am just joining this comp. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Hope the Chinese kick *** tonight.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
(Also, there are some free links to the Chinese streams, I think... check the beginning of the thread).

Just checked, and those Chinese streams are showing Ice Hockey at the moment, I'm afraid.

Well, all I know is that I'm understanding much of what the woman is saying, but not the guy :laugh:
If she's not speaking Russian, it's something close. He either has a very strong accent I can't comprehend, or not Russian. But even with Russian commentators on the Russian streams, some I understand much better than others.

You're right. I thought it was the male commentator they said was speaking Kazakh. But I didn't want to make an eejit out of myself and risk saying it the wrong way round!

Where's the KPop gone???!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Just checked, and those Chinese streams are showing Ice Hockey at the moment, I'm afraid.
If it's any comfort to whoever wants the Chinese commentary: It's not very good anyway. Lots of rule explanations that most of us probably won't need. ;)

peg

Medalist
You're right. I thought it was the male commentator they said was speaking Kazakh. But I didn't want to make an eejit out of myself and risk saying it the wrong way round!

Where's the KPop gone???!!!

CaroLiza_fan
I quite like the idea of bilingual commentary :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes--I think if they can all manage to stay together, they and D/F could push each other to greater success.

(Mrs. P, my question is relevant to this point ... not trying to just gossip.)

Are Kayne and O'Shea dating? They seem to have a really strong friendship -- he was very supportive as she recovered from surgery, and they seem to spend a lot of their free time together. (His tweets about her during the Super Bowl were very funny.)

If so, they would make a very cute couple ... and I hope that their relationship would help their skating partnership endure. I enjoy watching them. :)

pandatours

On the Ice
If it's any comfort to whoever wants the Chinese commentary: It's not very good anyway. Lots of rule explanations that most of us probably won't need. ;)

I found a CCTV one that was awfully choppy. The KazSport one seems to be the best quality

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: An American in Paris by George Gershwin

Blue, silver sparkly dress / dark blue shirt, black pants

4Tw - bit crooked catch
2S - he doubled, she did 3S
2A+2A+SEQ
3Li
3LoTh
FCCoSp3p
5RLi
3FTh - nice
PCoSp3p
5ALi
ChSq
BoDs

Troubles on 3S again, otherwise solid enough skate

FS: 63.36+61.08 = 124.44 (PB), 187.98 (PB), 1st (out of 4)

Last edited:

YuliyaAF

Spectator
Yes, guys, on KazSport woman comments on Russian and man on Kazakh. And it's not only FS, but mostly all other competitions is commented on 2 languages

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
(Mrs. P, my question is relevant to this point ... not trying to just gossip.)

Are Kayne and O'Shea dating? They seem to have a really strong friendship -- he was very supportive as she recovered from surgery, and they seem to spend a lot of their free time together. (His tweets about her during the Super Bowl were very funny.)

If so, they would make a very cute couple ... and I hope that their relationship would help their skating partnership endure. I enjoy watching them. :)

We're allowed to ask/say if it's confirmed people are dating I think... we just aren't allowed to speculate on it beyond that.

To me today S/K just weren't convincing. But I do appreciate that so far it's technically the best we've seen.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No major errors. Good skate.

Unfortunately, they don't make me feel anything. :slink: Especially the dance-y bit... compared to what P/T did in the SP, it had nowhere the chemistry and tenderness.

Scovies

Final Flight
Good performance! I think they have the least-interesting program if the 3 American couples here, though.