Tickets for 2016 Europeans? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tickets for 2016 Europeans?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
This isn't directly about the tickets but I'd like to ask those of you who have been to Europeans before: how long in advance did you make accomodation reservations? This is the first FS championship I'm going to, though probably only for a day or two, and I could use advice on when to book.

uhh

Medalist
This isn't directly about the tickets but I'd like to ask those of you who have been to Europeans before: how long in advance did you make accomodation reservations? This is the first FS championship I'm going to, though probably only for a day or two, and I could use advice on when to book.

Depends where you want to stay - hotels right by the arena will start to fill up as the all event packages go on sale. But as it's in a fairly big city, you can always find good and well priced options even if you leave it close to the event. I booked for Zagreb maybe 6 months in advance, but was staying in the official hotel right by the rink - Budapest about 2 months, staying somewhere in the city centre, and for Stockholm I ended up only confirming where I would stay about a week before the event, and it turned out to be a good choice, so you can find options whenever you decide to book.

Looking at Bratislava, it seems there is one hotel right by the arena, so if that's a priority I would advise trying to book asap. If you're happy staying a little further away, you can take your time.

Richie

Rinkside
yep they updated the website saying: "All-Event tickets will be available starting early July 2015. Check back here for more information soon." as for accomodation lots of options. pirces are quite low for European standards I think. venue good reachable as they also have a kind of tramway running through the city.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist

I've been in Budapest for the Europeans in 2014. Everything went pretty fast because until September 2013 I didn't think about going there. I've decided to go at the end of October and around mid-November we bought the tickets. We made our hotel reservation at the start of December. We stayed in hotel, near the railway station and also near underground. Walk to the rink took about 20 minutes and by underground it was just some 2 or 3 stations. I think hotels around the rink will be for skaters, coaches, press etc. and it will be enough for you to make your reservation around October. You will always find something.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Does anyone know which side is judges side?

Platinum is,

@ topic

I think its a bit of a pity that they don't sell the first 5 rows. Its typical for that venue, but ya it seems a bit silly from a skaters perspective if your fans are behind a fence and the distance so huge. Anyways, its a lovely and very modern venue and Bratislava is a nice city.

Enjoy your stay, those that go :)

melinus

Spectator
Does anyone know what the ”Imolbini” area is supposed to be and can anyone guess where is the Kiss & Cry booth might be (inbetween A2 and A3 maybe)? I am trying to decide to buy a ticket either from the right side or the left side of the center of A4. It is going to be my first live participation to a figure skating event and I really do not know which seat has a better view or choosing one or another actually makes a notable difference.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Does anyone know what the ”Imolbini” area is supposed to be and can anyone guess where is the Kiss & Cry booth might be (inbetween A2 and A3 maybe)? I am trying to decide to buy a ticket either from the right side or the left side of the center of A4. It is going to be my first live participation to a figure skating event and I really do not know which seat has a better view or choosing one or another actually makes a notable difference.

Imobilní means seats for people who are on the wheelchair or have some kind of handicap.

npavel

On the Ice
I think the many complains from last year as the people sitting in row 3 and 4 saw the cameramas-bak more than the ice

melinus

Spectator
Well, I have just bought my ticket (could not wait any longer). I am just a little puzzled that it mentions the seat, the time frame (27.01 - 31.01, the sum, but nothing regarding the fact that it is an all event ticket. I suppose it figures given the sum, but I have to admit I would feel a little more at ease.
On the other hand, I suppose that any of you who have already been to such an event should know if this is normal.

Also, the preliminary schedule does not mention acces to the practice.

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Well, I have just bought my ticket (could not wait any longer). I am just a little puzzled that it mentions the seat, the time frame (27.01 - 31.01, the sum, but nothing regarding that is all event. I suppose it figures given the sum, but I have to admit I would feel a little more on ease.
On the other hand, I suppose that any of you who have already been to such an event should know if this is normal.

Also, the site does not mention acces to the practice.

Do I understand correctly? Are you asking if those are all event tickets? If so, those are all event tickets, single tickets will be avalaible in September. About practices I agree, I would like to know something more about that. I suppose they will inform us later? But question is when...

melinus

Spectator
I do know they are all event tickets, it just feels weird it is not written word by word. And I was a bit like did I really buy the right thing?
Sorry, I know it is more than a bit silly. I will stop here with line of inquiry.
As for access to the practice schedule. It is customary for every event and it must be included in this also, although announced at a later date. Right?

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I do know they are all event tickets, it just feels weird it is not written word by word. And I was a bit like did I really buy the right thing?
Sorry, I know it is more than a bit silly. I will stop here with line of inquiry.
As for access to the practice schedule. It is customary for every event and it must be included in this also, although announced at a later date. Right?
I think they definitely must announce the time of practices. I'm thinking about sending an e-mail there, if there won't be nothing on the event website after the start of September. We wil see.

Catlau

On the Ice

Most of the times, a all event ticket is not a single ticket but the complete pack of tickets. However, examples of one single ticket as all event ticket : 2014 Budapest european championships ; 2012 world championships in Nice.

Normally, even if it is not written on something, the all event ticket gives access to the practice schedule, but you have to show the whole pack of tickets to prove you have a all event ticket.

LisaM

Medalist
Will single event tickets then be available later? I'm not interested in an all event ticket tbh, so I'm not really willing to put down 125 euro for just a few events (unless that turns out to be cheaper in the end).

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Will single event tickets then be available later? I'm not interested in an all event ticket tbh, so I'm not really willing to put down 125 euro for just a few events (unless that turns out to be cheaper in the end).

Single tickets will be avalaible in September.