2015 Four Continents Practice reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Practice reports

sbaker

On the Ice
Thanks for the updates everyone! There is a ton of content on Twitter too, with the official hashtag #4CCSeoul but some athletes also using #4CC2015.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Today I went to see the ladies practice. Lots of athletes skipped the session but I give some of my impressions

Thank you for your report! I am sorry for asking, but did you see Brooklee and Kailani? How did they go?

Practice videos from jewelskaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5zSC97zNAw&list=PLr51r4LqehbdOj9V0Z_1ASfn4bA9eM6-H

Play list.

So far: Denny/Frazier; Han Yan, Brendan Kerry, Misha Ge, Takahito Mura, Daisuke Murakami.

ETA:

This user has videos of Pang/Tong and all the Korean skaters (except Chea from the ladies): (https://www.youtube.com/user/heeyuhee/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0)

Ooooh, Brendan looks FANTASTIC. :love: The deep knee on those jump landings :love:

jimeonji

Final Flight
Very many Korean fans have been kindly tweeting practice reports, but in Korean - there's no way for me to translate all of them, but if there are specific skaters that you would like me to find reports and translate I will gladly do so.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Very many Korean fans have been kindly tweeting practice reports, but in Korean - there's no way for me to translate all of them, but if there are specific skaters that you would like me to find reports and translate I will gladly do so.

Thx, jimeonji. :bow:

What are the Korean characters for the names of Josh Farris and Liam Firus, please?

I would try to keep my own eye out for tweets about them, if I only knew what to look for. :confused2:

Thank you.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Thx, jimeonji. :bow:

What are the Korean characters for the names of Josh Farris and Liam Firus, please?

I would try to keep my own eye out for tweets about them, if I only knew what to look for. :confused2:

Thank you.

Joshua Farris would be something like 조슈아 패리스. Liam Firus would probably be something like 리엄 피러스. There are different ways to write some names at times, though.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Not sure if this was already posted, but this person has uploaded several practice vids, including Murakami, Mura, Kerry.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Joshua Farris would be something like 조슈아 패리스. Liam Firus would probably be something like 리엄 피러스. There are different ways to write some names at times, though.

Thx, jimeonji. :) :bow:

Not sure if this was already posted, but this person has uploaded several practice vids, including Murakami, Mura, Kerry.

Which person, please? Don't see any indication in your post.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Any practice reports of the American men?
Adam has been nailing the 3a, 3lz-3ts, but mostly been focusing on the 4lz. He's been URing and falling though.
Jason tried a 4T but << and two foot.
Josh has been looking good but I don't think he tried any jumps? Not sure.

This fan on twitter has been tweeting practice reports in English!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Adam has been nailing the 3a, 3lz-3ts, but mostly been focusing on the 4lz. He's been URing and falling though.

Thank you! I love hearing practice reports, but I have to keep telling myself that it has very little to do with how skaters actually skate at the competition.
(however, if Adam and Jason aren't landing any of their quads, that might be worrisome. Still too early to tell though.)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Thank you!

That's too bad about Jason, but on the other hand -- he has an easy back-up plan if it's not going well in practice -- switch the 3Z for the 4T.

4T<< 4.1 - GOE
4T< 7.2 - GOE
3Z - 6 + (likely GOE)

Might be worth just doing the 3Z and getting the +1 he usually does.

Last edited: