Promising Latvian skaters | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Promising Latvian skaters

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Diana Nikitina won the junior ladies' event at the Volvo Open Cup this weekend and smashed her PB - she earned a very respectable 170.28! Looking forward to Angelina at her first senior GP next week at TEB. We may have a serious rivalry developing here. :hap36:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Interview with Diana's coach, Romans Pantelejevs. Diana did indeed set a new Latvian ladies' record with her score last week.

http://sportacentrs.com/ziemas_sports/slidosana/10112015-nikitinas_treneris_par_kucvalskas_rezulta

Latvian new daiļslidotājas Diana Nikitina coach Roman Panteleyev did not deny that the achievement of students of Latvian adult record "Volvo" Junior Cup competitions have been a surprise, but the main Start - World Youth Olympiad and the World Junior Championship - this season is yet to come.

Last week the 14-year-old Diana Nikitina triumphed "Volvo" Junior Cup competitions in Riga, on the performances earning 170.28 points, which is a record for Latvian adult figure skating. So far, her personal record was 155.44 points was reached in February in Miskolc (Hungary), but in the big competitions at which she should be considered the world junior championship, the best score was 148.63 points.

"Before the 'Volvo' Cup to 170 points not necerējām, the goal was to aim for about 160 points," said coach Roman Panteleyev. "The optional program was one big mistake - last jump Diana fell, but the short program she played well. If you have small kļūdiņas correct, then collect 175 points."

Panteleyev successful performance is explained by the fact that those Nikitin was already the fourth race of the season, she felt more stable than in the first matches, and had a feeling that she can falls even better. Although Diana 170.28 points at this year's European Championship is the fourth trainer nelidinās clouds and explains that the ratings tend to vary between competitions. "Of course, this result is remarkable, however, take into account that it was not so serious competition, so the rest of the athletes background she probably gave me a little more to the point than it would in other matches. This season she still aggregate such experience to be able to start thinking about the adult level ".

Nikitina still often go from Jelgava to St. Petersburg and back, because she trains in Russia Yulia Kuļibanovas lead. "Thank Jelgava ice sports school, which supports the training camps. Also this week, Diana is in St. Petersburg, where more work on the second mark on the program components. So far her time spent in Latvian and Russian was approximately the same, but during the season he more will practice in Jelgava."

"This summer, preparing for the season was no different from previous years. It should be mentioned only in the fact that at puberty there is a change in her body, so they have to sit on diets. Of course, will have thoroughly to eat, but she's doing good and everything under control. It is not already on the surplus kilograms, rather than grams, but it also plays a role in figure skating, "said the coach.

This year is change the way the spirit of the program, which has become more relevant Nikitin age. Last season it was fun and more for children, but now it is in the spirit of the program become more serious - as a young woman. This season's main events will be the Winter Youth Olympics in mid-February in Norway and the world junior championship in Hungary in mid-March.

Nikitin achieved Latvian record sašķobījis a little 16-year-old Angelina Kučvaļskas the leading Latvian daiļslidotājas position. Last season she won seventh place in the European Championship and 16th place in the world championship, which is an unprecedented achievement Latvian women's figure skating, but this year in October in Sofia reached his personal record (163.26 points). Panteleyev said that both he and Diana keeps track of the results of Angelina, but it will not pay attention.

"In any case, I am Diana never not converse Angelina results. They are both professionals and do their job to their full potential. In recent times, one competitor they have not started too. Yes, known to the world figure skating relations between the competitors tend to be not its friendly, but we are now do not think about it. Maybe we will be able to break this stereotype, "says the coach.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, with those PBs both Diana and Angelina could have scored in the top 10 at last year's world's, so maybe one of them can do that again this year and earn two spots (aren't there two spots for Europeans this year?). Then the rivalry might not be so intense and there will be room for both of them. Anyway, go Angelina! Wishing her all the best at TEB! :cheer:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://sportacentrs.com/ziemas_sports/slidosana/05012016-parskats_2015_gada_latvijas_dailslidosana

Overview: 2015 Latvian figure skating - a giant breakthrough

2015 Latvian figure skating was the most successful in the last 20 years. Angelina Kučvaļska January 7 won high place in the European Championship. Junior World Championships Denis Vasilyev won the seventh place, but Diana Nikitina was tenth.

Very complex and beautiful sport in Latvia for a long time had very modest results, but now the situation has changed.

Angelina Kučvaļska. Our figure skating pioneer European Championship won the high 7th place, which provided a voucher to the Latvian Olympic Team. World Championships she won 16th place. These competitions Latvian skaters by far the best achievements were Alma Lepine 13 place in the European Championship (1993) and 24th place World Championships (1992). Angelina Kučvaļska continued to improve their performance and for the first time exceeded the 160 point limit, the national record - 163.26. Debuted adult "Grand Prix" stage interrupted by the terrorist attacks in Paris. 2015 was declared the best athletes in Riga.

Denis Vasilyev. European Youth Olympics won 2nd place, which provided a voucher to the Latvian Olympic Team. Junior World Championships for the first time exceeded the 200 points limit and won a high 7th place. Since then no longer descend below 200 points. Twice he won the 2nd place in the junior "Grand Prix" stages (so far Latvian figure skating was not such a success). He debuted in adult competitions and also won a medal in Talinn, and reached a national record - 208.53 points. Denis Vasilyev is already one of Europe's best figure skaters in the presentation.

Diana Nikitina. Junior World Championships won the 10th place, this ten Latvian girls gives two signs to the 2016 championship. Volvo Cup junior competitions Diana Nikitina showed a 170.28 point amount, which is the best indicator of Latvian women's figure skating history (although this achievement is an informal, because this ranking junior competitions gained an assessment is not recognized as eligible for an official record). For the second year in a row was named the best athletes in Jelgava.

World records. Figure skating for the first time exceeded the 300 point limit. Sochi Olympic champion Juzuru Hanyu (Japan) in November rose to 322.40 points, while December has already reached 330.43. Annual strongest women's competition was presented as an unofficial world record - the new leader of the planet's figure skating Yevgeny Medvedev (Russia) earned 234.88 points, but national championships produced records are not recognized internationally.

2016 start. 25th-31st January European Championship Latvia will be represented Angelina Kučvaļska and Denis Vasilyev. 12 to 21. February World Youth Olympiad will compete in the Diana Nikitina and Denis Vasilyev.

On the same page are also links to a recent interview with Diana, a small photo gallery of Latvian Nationals, & other media about Latvian skating.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Diana has been training with Stephane Lambiel for the past few months according to her Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/diana_nikitina_09/

I noticed she isn't listed as an entry or substitute for the JGP in Latvia, so I'm assuming she plans to compete as a senior and challenge Angelina to make a run for the Olympics. I am really curious to see how her work with Stephane pays off.

fourthdimension

On the Ice
At this rate, Stéphane is going to need to learn more Latvian! It's interesting Diana is still in Switzerland after the Champery camp is over - I wonder how long she'll train with Stéphane and if he might be her main coach. I'm also grateful for her instagram helping me to follow (stalk) the team.

Excited to see how Diana can do this season - she has real potential, especially if she can improve her stamina/skating skills! Her 3lz-3t is one of the nicest in the whole women's field.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, Diana has good jump technique already. I think the PCS side has room for improvement, so she came to the right coach for that. :) I'm not sure if she is planning to stay in Switzerland for the long term, as it must be quite expensive. But even if it's just for the summer, it should make a positive impact.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Diana on 2nd place at the Cup of Tyrol last weekend! Her reaction to her score was great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlpCFICp6y0

According to this article, Latvia will select the lady to go to the Olys based on who has the best result of 2 ISU Challenger competitions. Since Cup of Tyrol is not a Challenger, Diana still needs to go to Golden Spin of Zagreb and perform well (although I cannot possibly see her doing worse than Angelina at her 2 Challengers).

http://jauns.lv/raksts/sports/26166...un-nikitina-austrija-gust-pirmo-un-otro-vietu

Latvian Nationals are this weekend and I hope that Angelina & her coach will give an interview or something to put an end to the speculation about why her form has deteriorated so badly.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
News on Angelina: she has a 'chronic unhealed injury' according to LTV1 report here. Get well soon Angelina :ghug:

On a happier note today is Diana's birthday! :hb: Go wish her a happy birthday on her instagram here.
(It all makes sense now, why they spent 30 mins talking about cake on the livestream yesterday haha :thumbsup: )

fourthdimension

On the Ice
A nice interview with Diana:

https://ru.sputniknewslv.com/sport/20180112/7018217/figurist-konkurenty-zdorove.html

She says she is practicing quads and talks about other aspects of her training...the flip is the hardest jump for her, she needs to work on PCS and spins. I guess she found the perfect coach for those areas, haha. She also mentions having asthma & says some nice things about Angelina.

I was laughing when she said she hates spins!

It sounds like her last year was really rough! The injury sounds so painful and discouraging. I wonder if Stef has a particular sympathy for skaters coming back from injury...

It’s definitely a ‘two paths’ situation, the story about the letter to Stéphane and to Raf. Interesting ‘what if’. But she is getting more personal attention in Champéry, I’m sure.

Can’t wait to see her doing quads 🤯