Promising Latvian skaters | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Promising Latvian skaters

adelia

Record Breaker
I liked Deniss' SP more than his LP, his SP was very good. Talented boy with good SS but he needs to fix that axel asap.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So did I... and does he have a fanfest yet?

I started this one when nobody was really talking about Deniss or Angelina, and it didn't attract a whole lot of attention...now that Deniss has won a JGP medal, he is getting recognized and I'm very happy about that, so if you want to start a new thread, go ahead. I would do it, but I'm not the best when it comes to gathering and organizing links and information (although I do have some in the OP for Deniss, if anyone hasn't seen them).

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I liked Deniss' SP more than his LP, his SP was very good. Talented boy with good SS but he needs to fix that axel asap.

Same! Very glad he still end up on podium, cause after Dmitri FS and scores, I was afraid he might be pushed off by others. Wish he made it into JGPF, and also hope to see him in EC :)

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Deniss was GREAT. his sp was one of the coolest, most entertaining, and difficult programs I've ever seen... And the jumps weren't even that good haha. He's amazing!! What phenomenal talent.

alexinga

Rinkside
In a nutshell:
The interview talks about the heights Deniss has reached in figure skating, to include the silver medal at the Latvia JGP just recently. He is very happy with his coaching situation with Urmanov- that the work with his jumps has been amazing as well as his presentation and the psychological approach to skating. The Japanese woman who appears in the interview, saw him skate a few years ago and has become a big fan and supporter. Financial support comes through the Latvian Olympic committee as Deniss will compete at the Junior Olympics in Lillihammer this coming February. He also gets some funding from Daugavpils- where he grew up- due to his high level of achievement. The Latvian Skating Association apparently does not have an abundance of money to assist their skaters with. As far as ice time, he gets better ice time in France than he does in Latvia. Despite the challenges, he performs well and looks forward to, amongst other things, the Junior World Championships.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you, alexinga! I have been wondering how he divides his time now between France, Latvia & Russia. To have 2 coaches in 2 different countries other than his own cannot be easy at all...but it just goes to show how dedicated he is. I really hope his hard work will pay off in a big way.

Next week, JGP Poland!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
https://www.lsm.lv/ru/statja/za-efi...hanie-latviyskogo-figurnogo-katanija.a148590/

Vladimir Ivanov: Second Wind Latvian figure skating

Authors:
Vladimir Ivanov, a sports columnist LTV7

If you think that before the winter season still far away, the deeply mistaken. Yes, the biathletes are not yet fully uncovered their rifles, skiers yet seriously thinking about a perfect sliding and ointments, and on the Sigulda bobsleigh still unusually quiet. But this does not mean that athletes are in vacation. They work in full swing, it all just happens away from prying eyes and the simple man in the street it is usually invisible. But there are those who have a competitive season is in full swing. For example, the skaters.
Throughout the decades of the Latvian figure skating spoken of as a dead man - either good or nothing. And it means - that he did not mention. Nowhere and no.

Because, by and large, figure skating we did not have.
Clubs such as the functioning, children were engaged, but on the sphere of sports nobody dreamed. I do not even stutter. Prospects - zero. There were no results, and therefore did not want to criticize. Well, with them, with these skaters to take ... In World and European championships of Latvia, as a rule, they were only "Singles." But their names on the basis of performances had to be found somewhere in the basement. I myself had the opportunity to attend a couple of times at the European Championships in Warsaw and Tallinn, and the picture was repeated every time the same - from outsiders Latvian skater did not get out. And 30th places have become a tradition. What has changed today?

A lot has changed.
In 2015, we have three athletes in which you can make a bet for the future. First of all, a 16-year-old rizhanka Angelīna Kučvaļska that in his debut season among adults in 2014-2015 created a furor: at the European Championships in Stockholm, she was able to take seventh place and become the 16th at the world championships in Shanghai. As a consequence - the pupil of Plato Catherine was soon incorporated into the A LOV (the Latvian Olympic team). So she began to receive financial assistance from the state.

This past weekend Kuchvalskaya successfully performed in Slovakia, which hosted the traditional tournament Cup Nepela, for 23 th in a row. After the short program, she held a high 7th place, on the basis of arbitrary, she remained in the tenth. Participants here were quite serious - Bratislava skaters demonstrated their skills in Russia and Japan, Canada and Sweden. Number 21 was declared the athlete. And here the Russian has won Evgeny Medvedev (Anna and Maria Pogorilaya Artemyev of Russia also went up to the podium).

By the way, this season Kuchvalskaya program changed - instead of "Carmen" she now rides under the "Tosca" by Giacomo Puccini. And the costume she now another.

Everything else ... Such is the "upgrade."
This season, it starts the main - is the continental championship in the same Bratislava in January next year, as well as the World Championships in Boston in the spring of 2016. And even before that, in November, she will be one of the stages of the Grand Prix in Bordeaux (France). Plans serious and expectations are the same.

If Kuchvalskaya drawn into the season in Bratislava, two Latvian "skating prodigy" Denis Vasiliev and Diana Nikitina played in the Polish city of Torun, where he was one of the first stages of the Junior Grand Prix. A native of Daugavpils Vasiliev, known to be the second year of training with the Olympic champion Alexei Urmanov in 1994, moved in with him in Sochi.

Their partnership is bearing fruit. And it was not that in Torun Vasilyev became the second, thus repeating his result a month ago in Riga.

The impressive progress that the 16-year-old boy who in Poland behind only Japanese Souto Yamamoto.
14-year-old Nikitin (coach Roman Panteleev) in Poland was also in sight, finished fifth. So a positive evaluation - these guys more than successfully held their first start of the new season. So - are closely watching their further growth in the future. They have earned it with their work and results.

They have just begun a long way to recognition. The judges - including.
Figure skating - one of the most subjective sports. So repeatedly raised the topic of judging me in conversations with the coaches of their pupils. How to become a recognizable recognized and fairly priced - that is primarily concerned with mentors Latvian skaters. To achieve recognition, especially in the elite, is not easy. It is very difficult to break into it, to become equal among equals. However, the Latvian triple on the right track. So just have to work and wait.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Angelina for winning a silver medal at the Denkova-Staviski Cup!

Result
FPl.NameClubNationPointsSPFS
1Isabelle OLSSON SWE164.2721
2Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT163.2632
3Anne Line GJERSEM NOR156.7113
4Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA149.8164
5Kerstin FRANK AUT149.5745
6Brooklee HAN AUS145.1656
7Suh Hyun SON KOR133.8197
8Johanna ALLIK EST130.9688
9Kyu Eun KIM KOR130.8579
10Birce ATABEY TUR114.731010